• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NHL '09/'10 Season Thread

Two outdoor games is a terrible idea. The Winter Classic is supposed to be a special game, so why have too much of a good thing? And for that matter, why have the teams they chose? Why Pittsburgh again? Why not Minnesota/Dallas at Target Field or Rangers/Islanders at Yankee Stadium? Why Calgary/Montreal and not Calgary/Edmonton?

As cool as an outdoor game at Target Field would be, the new TCF stadium holds more and it's oblong. I don't think there'd be any truly bad seats there.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=TCF Stadium&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
As cool as an outdoor game at Target Field would be, the new TCF stadium holds more and it's oblong. I don't think there'd be any truly bad seats there.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=TCF Stadium&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Given it's Minnesota the NHL might go for the football stadium, but it seems that they have their minds set on baseball stadiums for the Winter Classic. Chances are it's because the NFL is playing and it takes too long to set up. I don't really follow the NCAA; does the team play during the winter? If they are going to go for the college stadium thing, then I have to throw out Columbus and Detroit for future games; both their college stadiums seat 100,000+. That would be insane.

Given it's Minnesota the NHL might go for the football stadium, but it seems that they have their minds set on baseball stadiums for the Winter Classic. Chances are it's because the NFL is playing and it takes too long to set up. I don't really follow the NCAA; does the team play during the winter? If they are going to go for the college stadium thing, then I have to throw out Columbus and Detroit for future games; both their college stadiums seat 100,000+. That would be insane.

The latest game should be late November, then the pussies go to a warm climate for a bowl game, if they make it.

Well my boy made it to the Calder Cup. Bonuses and rings for all if they win it. :) What I need to know is where I can watch this. Will it be on the NHL channel, or one of their local affilate FSN channels?

PlasmaTwa2

i still don't like the Penguins being in the Winter Classic again already. it should be 2 different teams every year

What makes it worse is that TSN is reporting Bettman has announced that Washington will host the game in the next two-or-three years. Who else are they going to face but the Penguins? The Thrashers? Not likely.

Sweet dandy! Best Cup final match up in years!!!

For me, if I can't have a Canadian team in the mix I just want to see two hockey-loving US cities going at it and finally it has happened. No offense, but I'm sick of the Red Wings so last season was semi-awesome watching the Pens win it.

Chicago - awesome town, awesome fans and an awesome team full of Canadian elites...kick the crap out of my Canucks again so go and win it will ya!

Philly - cool town, unpredictable fans, orange-orange-orange, and great history

Go Hawks Go!!

PlasmaTwa2

Minnesota/Dallas
Rangers/Islanders
Rangers/Devils
Minnesota/St. Louis
Columbus/St. Louis
Los Angeles/Anaheim
New York Rangers/Los Angeles

Hell, you could even do Tampa/Florida and make it an absolute celebration to create new fans.

Minnesota/Dallas
Rangers/Islanders
Rangers/Devils
Minnesota/St. Louis
Columbus/St. Louis
Los Angeles/Anaheim
New York Rangers/Los Angeles

Hell, you could even do Tampa/Florida and make it an absolute celebration to create new fans.

I know you hate the "fags in blue" but an Ottowa/Toronto outdoor would be cool. Isn't Ottowa a WAY old school pro organization with lots of history? Absolutely the Wild have earned one though, considering they've sold every ticket ever.

PlasmaTwa2

I know you hate the "fags in blue" but an Ottowa/Toronto outdoor would be cool. Isn't Ottowa a WAY old school pro organization with lots of history? Absolutely the Wild have earned one though, considering they've sold every ticket ever.

I didn't include the Canadian teams because you could make put any two of them together (or any team in the league, actually), and the tickets will sell out. Imagine a Canadiens game in the Olympic Stadium; that would be the biggest thing to happen to Montreal since the Olympics. Obviously for Canada you have:

Toronto/Montreal
Calgary/Edmonton
Calgary/Vancouver
Toronto/Ottawa

There was a Senators team that won the Cup a hundred years ago, but the current Senators are a money-bleeding franchise of about fifteen years.

And I agree that the Wild are due. There are very few franchises in America that could potentially sell out a football stadium (Let me count them: Minnesota, Buffalo, New York, and possibly Detroit). Normally, I would say the NHL passed over Minnesota due to the fact it is a new franchise and they wanted to get the historic rivalries the first few to establish the game as a big deal, but given this year's choice, I can't really say that. I still think a Minnesota/Dallas game would be sweet. Dallas could wear throwback North Stars jerseys. It'd be sweet.

And on that note, I have to say. For every Winter Classic the teams wear vintage jerseys. So what are Pittsburgh and Washington going to wear? The Penguins already use their vintage jersey, and the Caps don't really have one (Unless you want to go for their mid-nineties eagle logo).