• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NFL '10/'11 Season Thread.

I'm sick and tired of all the NFL analysts saying that the Lions are going to be improved this season and that they aren't going to be such a walkover anymore. I say BS, what's improved? Four wins instead of two this year. The Lions still suck I don't care what any analyst says.:thefinger

You mean the Lions that beat your Bears but got fucked by the refs? Are those the Lions you're talking about? The Bears are a stupid rule and 17 penalties from being 1-2.

The Lions had the Bears beat and went toe to toe with the Eagles. That's already improvement if you ask me.

I suppose. But it also could be simply your perspective toward the Pack since Mini doesn't have any other rival.

What do the Packers and their fans say?

The top rivalries in the NFL are;

Bears/Packers
Cowboys/Redskins
Packers/Mini
Steelers/Browns
Steelers/Raiders
Cowboys/Giants
Kansas City/Raiders
Cowboys/Eagles
Cowboys/Steelers
Lions/Wins

I would have to say that Oakland and those fuckers in Denver should be on that list.

And just a random thought, but there's alot of rivalries that have been lost cuz of realignment. Like Bills/Colts, Bucs/Packers, Cardinals/Cowboys, Titans/Steelers, Jaguars/Steelers, Seahawks/Chiefs, Seahawks/Raiders, 49ers/Falcons, just to name some.....

Jimmy Harbaugh to the Niners :thumbsup: If the Niners miss the playoffs...consider it done. Unless the Raiders hire him first ;)

The Lions won the NFL Championship 4 times. They didn't always suck, but it's been a while. :1orglaugh

That was back before the merger so it diminishes it somewhat. It was also so long ago that most of the Lion fans (the few there are anymore) weren't even born when that happened.

The Lions won the NFL Championship 4 times. They didn't always suck, but it's been a while. :1orglaugh

I am 41 and the last time the Lions won a Title, my Dad was 8. The Lions are a better team now but I don't see them in the playoffs for at least another year or two. And that is if they can keep Stafford healthy for a full year.

You mean the Lions that beat your Bears but got fucked by the refs? Are those the Lions you're talking about? The Bears are a stupid rule and 17 penalties from being 1-2.

The Lions had the Bears beat and went toe to toe with the Eagles. That's already improvement if you ask me.

:clap:

No, I had it too. Just didn't comment. Either way, they will win again some day. They can't lose forever (or maybe they will :mad:)

Who knows BS Scott...at least we know they're trying as demonstrated by them making their Lion logo supposedly look more pissed off.

I know there are the toughest of times in D-town but how about breaking the bank a wee bit for a little "hope and change"?:cool:
lionscompare.jpg

GibbsGrad2002

Mr. Nice gallery
Who knows BS Scott...at least we know they're trying as demonstrated by them making their Lion logo supposedly look more pissed off.

I know there are the toughest of times in D-town but how about breaking the bank a wee bit for a little "hope and change"?:cool:
lionscompare.jpg

I think the logo looks better look at the Bucs they changed their logo and won a Super Bowl

I am 41 and the last time the Lions won a Title, my Dad was 8. The Lions are a better team now but I don't see them in the playoffs for at least another year or two. And that is if they can keep Stafford healthy for a full year.

Bobby Ross made the playoffs a few years as coach, but always bounced in the first game. 1991 with Sanders, Mitchell, Moore, Perriman were the last great years under Coach Wayne with a 12-4 record. We did lose in the the NFC Championship game to the Super Bowl winning Redskins.

That is as good as it gets for us right now. I am a hopeful Lions fan, but winning seems always next season.

I was at the Minnesota game, what a debacle as usual!

I don't give a shit if they got screwed by the refs because a win is a win. When you take a look at the standings there will be nothing but a W in the win column for the Bears. They went to to toe with the Eagles? That doesn't mean shit because they still lost the game.

OK so if the Lions actually win the Bears game they are 1-2. As I take a look at their schedule I see them winning two more games.

Packers L
Rams W
@Giants L
Redskins L
Jets L
@Bills W
@Cowboys L
Patriots L
Bears L
Packers L
@Bucs W
Dolphins L
Vikings L

lionscompare.jpg

I like the old Lion logo better.

What always irritates me is when teams do that to try to get fan support and hope going again instead of actually doing what needs to be done to build a good team. I was reading some analyst article somewhere shortly after when the Lions fired Millen and the GM. One of the things he said that I highly agreed with was that he hoped they just didn't come up with a new slogan or something to try and make things better. Sure enough after that they came out with a new Logo and uniforms and tried to portray a "new attitude". It’s like they asked some spin doctor, politician, or marketing department somewhere how they could make things better. How about they get a competent front office, coaching staff, and better players. Winning is the best attitude adjuster, and having a better team with a better staff behind them that plays better than the other team on the field is pretty much immeasurably better at making a team win than attitude or swagger. Changing a team logo is the equivalent of trying to fix a broken down car by giving it a new paint job.

What always irritates me is when teams do that to try to get fan support and hope going again instead of actually doing what needs to be done to build a good team. I was reading some analyst article somewhere shortly after when the Lions fired Millen and the GM. One of the things he said that I highly agreed with was that he hoped they just didn't come up with a new slogan or something to try and make things better. Sure enough after that they came out with a new Logo and uniforms and tried to portray a "new attitude". It’s like they asked some spin doctor, politician, or marketing department somewhere how they could make things better. How about they get a competent front office, coaching staff, and better players. Winning is the best attitude adjuster, and having a better team with a better staff behind them that plays better than the other team on the field is pretty much immeasurably better at making a team win than attitude or swagger. Changing a team logo is the equivalent of trying to fix a broken down car by giving it a new paint job.

The only thing the "Loins" have going for them is Javid Best (dinged up)...oh and there's an "I" in wins and an "I" in Lions.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Jesus...stop it!!:mad: I can't make sense of this season so far.:dunno: So, here ya go:
--Steelers are brutal. Ravens are great...with the right teams.
--K.C. is improved, but can Cassel keep it going? Maybe...
--Jets? Problems. Pats? Problems. Fishies? Sunk. Horsies? Up and down like a swing.
--Cowboys? In town drunk and whoring. Eagles and Redskins hate beyond this season. Giants? Improved.
--Bears? Bland. Cutler inconsistent. Pack back? Not if the OL and DL keep waning.
--Falcons have the edge. That is it.

Jesus...stop it!!:mad: I can't make sense of this season so far.:dunno: So, here ya go:
--Steelers are brutal. Ravens are great...with the right teams.
--K.C. is improved, but can Cassel keep it going? Maybe...
--Jets? Problems. Pats? Problems. Fishies? Sunk. Horsies? Up and down like a swing.
--Cowboys? In town drunk and whoring. Eagles and Redskins hate beyond this season. Giants? Improved.
--Bears? Bland. Cutler inconsistent. Pack back? Not if the OL and DL keep waning.
--Falcons have the edge. That is it.

Parity reigns supreme in the NFL, that's what makes it so great. Every year there are surprise teams. I didn't see the Jets or the Bengals making the playoffs last year.:dunno:

The only thing the "Loins" have going for them is Javid Best (dinged up)...oh and there's an "I" in wins and an "I" in Lions.

They also have this other guy. You may have heard of him. Calvin Johnson. Possibly the best WR in the league. :dunno:

They also have this other guy. You may have heard of him. Calvin Johnson. Possibly the best WR in the league. :dunno:

:cool:You need a good QB to get it to Calvin Johnson. Any QB can hand it to Javid Best.:2 cents:

lionscompare.jpg

I grew up watching them on Turkey Day at my family's on Thursdays. It's kind of their shining moment (and America's moment). :o

I think the logo looks better look at the Bucs they changed their logo and won a Super Bowl

I think they could have implemented a subtle change like that...aside from league merchandising nagging without the fanfare.

And he still led the league in receiving TD's in 2008 and had 1300 yards receiving on the worst team in NFL history.

Uh, yea...but it is an infinitely shorter distance to hand the ball to a guy than to throw it to a guy.

Anybody can hand it to a guy...If Det...loses a QB good enough to toss it to CJ...:crying: at least he (whomever it might be) doesn't have to exert too much skill to hand it to JB.:)