• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Newt Gingrich promises to build a moon colony by 2020; make it a U.S. state

I think he's going with the lunatic angle, and it's kinda working. I kinda wanna know how fucked up and crazy he could make the world in 4-8 years.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Ambitious for sure, the part about the moon achieving US statehood is stupid and most of all, it is an obvious pander to the space community in Orange and Brevard counties. I would dearly love to see the space program re-energized but I fear we blew all the money on wars in the Middle East and can no longer afford it. I'll give Newt some style points for originality though. :D

Totally stupid
Emir from Qtar, Dubaï or the
1) Spaceflight cost trillions. We're in a financial crisis, we don't have money to be wasted in such projects. A part from a bunch of UAE and billionaires like R. Bronson, no one can afford space programs.
2) Remember Constellation, the G. W. Bush program to send men on Mars by 2020 and buil a colony by 2030. Obama just canceled it. This proves that it is just stupid to build such long term and programs 'cause the guy who's gonna sit in the presidential chair once you'll leave it could wipe it out even before things really started.
3) Instead of building colonies on other planets, we should concentrate our brains, skills and money on how to save this one. Sustainable development would be a much profitable investment for this money.

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
3) Instead of building colonies on other planets, we should concentrate our brains, skills and money on how to save this one. Sustainable development would be a much profitable investment for this money.
Neither the business fraternity nor supporters of business (right-wing parties) think long-term.

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Hmmm....I guess Newt is taking the Chinese plans for a manned lunar mission in 2017 very seriously - but Moonbase Alpha becoming the 51st state?

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Gingrich opened up the possibility of the moon becoming the 51st state, something he believes could happen once a permanent settlement reaches a population of 13,000 Americans. While a 1967 United Nations document says that no one country can claim sovereignty over the moon, the U.S., Russia, and China failed to sign a more recent U.N. treaty to settle the question of who owns the moon.

The State of The Moon. lol

mightyboosh.jpg

And calling the moon the "51st state" shows the unfortunately frequent American arrogance. I can guarantee you that it if it happens, it won't be accomplished by Americans alone.

Ignorant comment that makes the whole statement nothing more than a sound-byte for his campaign, and not a future reality.

Gingrich wanna make the Moon the 51st State ? Ok, no problem.

lunarscape_apollo17.jpg

What a great addition it will be to the US, I guess there are desperatley lacking a giant pile of rocks and dust with no water and no oxygen...

NASA lost pieces from the Moon, I guess the US government could lose the whole planet :laugh:

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020

Ah tent city, just a stones throw down the road apiece from me.
Most of those people who are there get free money, food and drugs to sell ect from the GOV, that's no lie.
But there was no tent city when Bush was PREZ or before........go figure.

And whats wrong with wanting a space program humanoids?
That money could be better spent on free money food and drugs to sell for people who want to be fuck ups?

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Not without some difficulty, I finally managed to masturbate to this thread.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Ha! The Moonisians will never allow it. Just like when Puerto Rico voted against it during the Zadoz Administration.

the moon cant be claimed by any nation. we signed A treaty with the larger majority of the countries on the plant. sooooo... hes already lost that one