• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

New Formula One Season

As i said, He had to cut that chicane otherwise they both would have crashed out.

Hamilton let Raikonen repass him as he would have been punished if he hadnt!!

So the ruling over this incident is wrong!

Its one rule for Ferrari and another rule for the rest.

*see race before last*

You have a good point there m8 in the bold phrase, but you just can't get it why Hamilton was punished.

Well, according to my point of view,
Lou was ok letting Raikonen pass after the exit in the chicane, a penalty there would be unfair,
but after that he took advantage by going behind Raikonen and driving in the slipstream of Raikonen's Ferrari. If you can understand this I'm sure you will agree why Hamilton passed easily in the next chicane.

So, did Hamilton do everything by the book or did he cheat? I believe it was unfair for Kimi to lose first place like this.

You have a good point there m8 in the bold phrase, but you just can't get it why Hamilton was punished.

Well, according to my point of view,
Lou was ok letting Raikonen pass after the exit in the chicane, a penalty there would be unfair,
but after that he took advantage by going behind Raikonen and driving in the slipstream of Raikonen's Ferrari. If you can understand this I'm sure you will agree why Hamilton passed easily in the next chicane.

So, did Hamilton do everything by the book or did he cheat? I believe it was unfair for Kimi to lose first place like this.

There isnt a rule saying you cannot drive in someones slipstream.

Im not saying its right or wrong but there isnt a written rule for it.

If you look back...Raikonen passed Hamilton again after that incident before he crashed off the circuit.

Wow, I just watched the race last night, I had not heard about the penalty until I read this thread. We don't get nearly the press on F1 in the US as some of you guys do.

I think the ruling is bullshit, I would bet I saw at least 25 examples of exactly the same thing as far as going off the track to avoid accidents. Was anyone else punished?

And as far as Hamilton easily passing at the next turn after allowing Kimi to retake the lead, Kimi should have taken a smarter line into the turn.

Still, it was the most entertaining finish I have seen in F1 this year.

Reactions: 004
There isnt a rule saying you cannot drive in someones slipstream.

Im not saying its right or wrong but there isnt a written rule for it.

If you look back...Raikonen passed Hamilton again after that incident before he crashed off the circuit.

No, there isn't such a rule. But I still think Hamilton took over 1st place by cheating at that time. He should just let Raikonen a fair distance before attacking again.

And of course Raikonen passed again because he didn't brake in time and had another exit from the track to let Hamilton drive by to 1st place again.

Raikonen sucks in wet tracks, I wouldn't expect him to keep 1st place for another lap as his front spoiler was damaged.. Unfortunately he ended his race by destroying his Ferrari. IMO Hamilton rushed things to get 1st place and paid the price.

No, there isn't such a rule. But I still think Hamilton took over 1st place by cheating at that time. He should just let Raikonen a fair distance before attacking again.

And of course Raikonen passed again because he didn't brake in time and had another exit from the track to let Hamilton drive by to 1st place again.

Raikonen sucks in wet tracks, I wouldn't expect him to keep 1st place for another lap as his front spoiler was damaged.. Unfortunately he ended his race by destroying his Ferrari. IMO Hamilton rushed things to get 1st place and paid the price.

How is that cheating??slip streaming/drafting is part of racing. The call was not fair and should never have been called. LH did everything right and thats that. They even have the telematry form Hamiltons car that shows he lifted off the gas to let Kimi back by. Like i said before, did they want LH to wait till Kimi got through the next corner before Hamilton was to start going again??

What a great race today it was in the rain at Monza (Italy).

Sebastian Vettel took his and the Toro Rosso team`s first ever win!!

Great display from him and his team today.

Well deserved after starting from pole.

Indeed, it was a great race, i'm delighted for Vettel & Toro Rosso (even Bourdais whose race was cooked before they started!!). I've found hard to imagine that 3 years ago this was the Minardi team and their target was to try and score a point, but all that effort, time & investment shows just what it takes to make a tail-ender team potential front-runners.

And after this Spa controversy over Hamilton's 'illegal' pass on Raikkonen (don't get me started on that), it's just what the sport needs.

RANDOM FACT: Did you know there is a connection between today's podium (Vettel, Kovalainen & Kubica)? They all won their 1st grand prix this year.

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!
very good race today... lucky Hamilton... the champion will be Massa, Hamilton or Kubica... I don't want to see Hamilton winning the championship at all... I hate him... he should have been punished again when he saw that Mark Webber was passing him... he put his car right into Mark Webber and almost Webber went out!

RANDOM FACT: Did you know there is a connection between today's podium (Vettel, Kovalainen & Kubica)? They all won their 1st grand prix this year.
yeah... I noticed that too!!

Great race today indeed:nanner:. Congrats to Vettel and Toro Rosso. Also Hamilton :bowdown:put on a great race to just prove that he is a very good wet weather driver. I do believe that he wore out his tires there at the end when he caught up to Massa and there for did not have the grip needed to pass him . Too bad though, cause Massa and Kimi did nothing to impress anyone in the race. It should turn out to be a very interesting championship fight to the end,

Red Bull Ferrari won today, what a race!

Remaining F1 races:
Singapore: Sept. 26-28
Japan: Oct. 10-12
China: Oct. 17-19
Brazil: Oct. 31, Nov. 1-2

FIA is expected to decide on McLaren's appeal on the 23rd

geraldsaunders

Official Checked Star Member
Red Bull Ferrari won today, what a race!

Remaining F1 races:
Singapore: Sept. 26-28
Japan: Oct. 10-12
China: Oct. 17-19
Brazil: Oct. 31, Nov. 1-2

FIA is expected to decide on McLaren's appeal on the 23rd

That race was really wild. The Spa finish was pretty outrageous, too! Especially the whole penalty deal...
Gerald

The next race in Singapore will be a spectacle with the race at night in the streets.

Some are saying its usually very wet at this time of year there so it could be another very interesting race weekend!

No justice in this world sometimes..........

VETTEL takes WEBBER out ( while behind the SAFETY CAR , FFS !!! ) at FUJI last year , robbing him of his best EVER chance of winning a GP.
:cussing:

It was a decent race and glad to see a different winner as opposed to the same 3 teams most weeks.

As for Hamilton I feel he is starting to believe the hype about himself and it is having a detrimental effect on his driveing and causing him to turn into an idiot on the track. On 2 occasions he attempted to run a driver off the track. If it was just once then perhaps you could say driver error but the sencond attempt when he actually forced the driver to cut the chicane should have been punished.

I just read that Ferrari has ordered Räikkönen to help Massa in remaining races.
I don't know if thats a good sportsmanship to give such order, but I'm kinda glad to see Massa as Ferrari's no.1 driver.
I've grown so sick and tired of Räikkönen, all the magazines always hypes him too much here in Finland. :lame:

I just read that Ferrari has ordered Räikkönen to help Massa in remaining races.
I don't know if thats a good sportsmanship to give such order, but I'm kinda glad to see Massa as Ferrari's no.1 driver.
I've grown so sick and tired of Räikkönen, all the magazines always hypes him too much here in Finland. :lame:

I really dont mind Räikkönen even thou i hate Ferrari but im starting to take a dislike to Massa, maybe b/c he is getting tips from Michael Schumacher.

One man i really hated in F1 and it was him.

StormRuller

Nikki Benz: Simply the best #1!!
I can't wait to see this race at Singapore... I'm going to look now some images of the view of this race... I'm curious!!