• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the game note, i am just happy the Spurs wont be the champions. The Thunder are going to win it against eighter the celtics or heat in 6 games, i think.

Its interesting to think when it was voting time to decide if the Sonics should be allowed to relocate, only 2 owners voted nay. The more significant of the two was Mark Cuban, obviously because he didnt want part of the Mavericks fanbase in OK to become Thunder fans. OK City showed it would support an NBA team when the hornets had their brief stay there after Katrina. If anyone is going to move a team to a small market where theres no major competition in pro sports, OK City is one of the only places that could work. I would never see this excitement in Fargo, North Dakota.

I wouldn't even bring a place like Fargo into the discussion. That's just nonsense. A place like Omaha, however, would be comparable.

Wow, what up with the Oklahoma City hate? That's my hometown! :mad:

I haven't lived in Oklahoma in since I was 10, but I do visit just about every year because that's where my family lives. To describe it as dump is far from the truth. What part of OKC did you visit?

We're a small city, so of course we don't have the same entertainment as the big cities. What's wrong with being a small town? KD has expressed he loves living in the small town environment. Plus, Sooners have more sports passion than 90% of America.

Quit the hating, Bloodshot.

Boomer Sooner!!!!

Wow, what up with the Oklahoma City hate? That's my hometown! :mad:

I haven't lived in Oklahoma in since I was 10, but I do visit just about every year because that's where my family lives. To describe it as dump is far from the truth. What part of OKC did you visit?

We're a small city, so of course we don't have the same entertainment as the big cities. What's wrong with being a small town? KD has expressed he loves living in the small town environment. Plus, Sooners have more sports passion than 90% of America.

Quit the hating, Bloodshot.

Boomer Sooner!!!!

If that's your thing, good. I've been quite a few places I really didn't feel good about at all. Omaha, Madison, Des Moines, Peoria, Milwaukee, Thunder Bay, Duluth, Winnipeg... don't like most of those places (the last three I do actually find intriguing if I relocate). I have family in a couple of those places so it's nothing personal. Not saying they don't have some redeeming qualities, I just found quite a bit about them unlikable. I give people a lot of shit about their places of living, but only probably because I'm from one of the best areas in the country, if not North America.

But I will leave your town alone now. BTW, what is the college scene like in OKC?

BTW, what is the college scene like in OKC?

OKC is a college town. Why do you think our fans are so crazy? Like you mentioned earlier, we didn't have a pro team until the Thunder. To us, our pro team was the Oklahoma Sooners in college football. I grew up tailgating, going to OU games. Even when my family moved to Colorado, we would still go to OU games. It use to be all we knew.

BTW, my parents hated Florida, which is why they moved back Oklahoma. Also to go to OU games.

OKC is a college town. Why do you think our fans are so crazy? Like you mentioned earlier, we didn't have a pro team until the Thunder. To us, our pro team was the Oklahoma Sooners in college football. I grew up tailgating, going to OU games. Even when my family moved to Colorado, we would still go to OU games. It use to be all we knew.

BTW, my parents hated Florida, which is why they moved back Oklahoma. Also to go to OU games.
What? I don't think I ever said your fans were crazy. I'm glad they got a team. Seems to have filled a need there.

Celtics are playing against the refs tonight.

The techs these refs are throwing around are fucking stupid.

The moment I type this, 3 straight fouls against Miami. Figures.

Also, James can't miss. And it's a good thing, because the rest of the team is garbage tonight. He might hit 50 tonight. Unless he disappears in the 4th. *troll face*

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
LeBron nasty tonight.

Lebron looked like he wanted to murder someone tonight. Just an awesome performance. :bowdown: It's wont be considered clutch though because the Heat won by 19. :rolleyes:

I guess this win will quite the thread for a couple of days.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I don't understand why they don't just sit Bosh until the Finals (if they make it). If he can't play an entire game yet, why should they risk reagrivating his injuries?

At the beginning of the season, I predicted that the Thunder and Bulls would meet in the finals. I was half right. Of course, nobody knew that Rose would be injured for most of the season.

Can't see the Celtics or the Heat beating OKC.

As you may have heard, Neil Olshey is the Blazers' new GM. Nice hire for Portland, huge fail for the Clippers.

Should be interesting to see what tactics the Celtics utilize in game 7. All series long they've been doubling D-Wade, letting Lebron do whatever he wants. Even when Lebron went nuts in the first half in game 6, the Celtics continued to double Wade. The reason why the Celtics are doubling Wade is because he's the easier of the two double. Word from the inside is that Wade's knee has been getting worse since he drained it in the Pacers series.

I think if you're Boston you need to force D-Wade to beat you, especially if he's not healthy. If you continue to focus on D-Wade I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron has another huge night.

Lebron had a unbelievable game. Even though I'm a Celtics fan I have to give him his respect! He was playing like Jordan. I hope the Celtics win game 7 but i won't be surprised if they dont. It would be a huge upset if they beat the Heat.

BCT

Pucker Up Butter Cup.
Looks like the Heat will take on the Thunder in the Finals. Thats alright OKC will win it all, Durant is just too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.