• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Rubio is fun to watch. I've watched pretty much every Wolves game this year.

He's said he likes the "small market" feel of Minny so if that works for him, that's cool. Truth told, there isn't a shit load to do in downtown Minneapolis as compared to the likes of the "Big Apple," but Minneapolis is light years ahead of places like Oklahoma City :facepalm: Charlotte :facepalm: or a few other teams. It's the cold market, methinks, that keeps big time players to the team. Glen Taylor is on record on wanting to keep the team in the TC and he signed the biggest contract in the history of sports back 'roun '00 when they re-signed Garnett to that deal. The Wolves could be the real deal here in a couple years.

You have that one mall that you guys are proud about. If it's good enough for Snoopy it's good enough for Rubio. Minneapolis-St. Paul is probably middle of the pack in terms of excitement and things to do, I'd say. I can think of ten or so cities that would be worse places to be.

Bloodshot, how the hell do you figure that the Timberwolves are light years ahead of OKC? Did the Timberwolves suddenly become championship material while I wasn't looking? Cuz OKC is definitely championship material and will be for a few years.

PlasmaTwa2

Bloodshot, how the hell do you figure that the Timberwolves are light years ahead of OKC? Did the Timberwolves suddenly become championship material while I wasn't looking? Cuz OKC is definitely championship material and will be for a few years.

That's because.....:1orglaugh

He is saying the city if Minneapolis is better than Oklahoma City.

Derp.

Since I live in Canada, TSN is throwing the dunk competition on their specialty channel that costs extra and airing curling instead. That makes sense.

Kevin Love is a boss.

How was the dunk competition? Anybody watch?

Just saw highlights. Some good dunks. No great dunks. Chase Budinger was in the competition? :facepalm:

They have to do something about this contest. It's lost it's lustre. Throw the winner $1,000,000 and get Howard, Lebron, Westbrook, Griffin and Rose in there.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
was it all star break? im fucking lost this year in basketball. fucking local channels fagged out on me because of this lockout shit.

was it all star break? im fucking lost this year in basketball. fucking local channels fagged out on me because of this lockout shit.

Yup. Utah's Jeremy Evans won the dunk competition. Kevin Love won the 3 point contest. Tony Parker won the skills competition. All star game is tomorrow.

squallumz

Yup. Utah's Jeremy Evans won the dunk competition. Kevin Love won the 3 point contest. Tony Parker won the skills competition. All star game is tomorrow.

weird. good for love. did nash participate in anything?

there should be a flop content too so we can give an award to derek fisher and lebron.

thats the only downside of this year, im worried he may not be back after this season. nash and hill i mean.

oh, my poor suns.

BAYAMONXXX

Land Of The Snakes
Jeremy Evans dunking 2 balls at once was aight. but the Chase Budinger "white man can't jump" w/ Puffy Daddy was trash. and the rest of the guys were boring. by far the worst dunk contest i've seen.

weird. good for love. did nash participate in anything?

there should be a flop content too so we can give an award to derek fisher and lebron.

thats the only downside of this year, im worried he may not be back after this season. nash and hill i mean.

oh, my poor suns.

I'm pretty confident this is Nash's last season in Phoenix, which is sad for me to think about. I want to go to the home finale to see the emotional reception Nash gets in his last game in Phoenix. And if Nash is gone, so is Hill. Nash is the reason Hill is still with the Suns, and a big reason Nash is not pushing for a trade is his loyalty and friendship with Hill.

squallumz

nash wont be traded. he'll retire. i dont see him playing with another team for a season or 2 just because. the only thing i could imagine would be dallas. that would be nuts. but honestly, i doubt he'll go anywhere else.

and yeah, hes cool like that, as is hill. loyalty. whatever happened to loyalty?

PlasmaTwa2

If only DeRozan opted to compete in the Dunk contest this year. He would have won easily.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
ESPN SportnsNation's most disrespectful sports moment of all time:

:1orglaugh

Jeremy Evans dunking 2 balls at once was aight. but the Chase Budinger "white man can't jump" w/ Puffy Daddy was trash. and the rest of the guys were boring. by far the worst dunk contest i've seen.

thought the george reverse dunk was cool too. better than all those "hey look at me im jumping over something" dunks. but i was just watching the highlights. cannot be better than what nate robinson did some years before where he didnt win against "superman"

Dynasties in NBA almost have nothing to do with money or market, but just having great players. Also, good ownership, GMs, and some luck. The NBA is a sport where there's no flukes, the best team always wins.

Lakers got lucky and drafted Magic Johnson. Celtics got lucky and drafted Larry Bird. Bulls got lucky and drafted Michael Jordan. Money or market really had no influence.

The other big dynasty was the Spurs with Tim Duncan. No big market, just great players.

Now when Shaq went to the Lakers, that shook up the NBA landscape. The Lakers also drafted Kobe Bryant which paired probably the greatest duo of all-time. Did Shaq go to the Lakers because of the market? Probably. This would be one of the first times market influenced a dynasty.

Has there been a dynasty since? The Lakers again. But that was influenced by a bad trade, not because of the market. And the Lakers drafted the core group of that team.

Out of the major sports I'd say NBA has the best chacnes of having dynasties. Probably because of all the egomaniac assholes that try to build their own all star teams, like the Queen, Anthony, Howard, et al. If it's going to happen anywhere it's going to happen in that league.

How are these guys' assholes? Have you ever heard of free agency, Bloodshot?

Agreed. It's also the only league where location and market have as big an impact as it does, basically nullifying the chances of 22/30 teams.

Apparently you never of a sport called Major League Baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.