• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron - 20 points. 5 steals. 8 assists. 9 rebounds. 2 blocks. Ya he's not MVP. :facepalm:

Lin really shit the bed tonight. Really, really shit the bed.

In other news, statement game by OKC. WTF is Bynum doing at the end of the 1st half?? :facepalm: If OKC doesn't win this year, they're going to start winning next year. And by start winning, I mean, the rest of the league is fighting for 2nd best for the next few years. If Lebron doesn't win MVP, Durant will and OKC could potentially have MVP, 6th man and DPOY in Harden and Ibaka, respectively. This is a really, really, really good team flying under the radar. I think they'll take it all.

Orlando can look great, and like chumps. 78 points? C'mon man.

So... Miami, Chicago, LA (Clippers), New York, all take a backseat while OKC just dominates?

Hey, I love OKC (my hometown), but I think that's a little farfetched.

So... Miami, Chicago, LA (Clippers), New York, all take a backseat while OKC just dominates?

Hey, I love OKC (my hometown), but I think that's a little farfetched.

It happened to Utah, Houston, New York, Seattle, Indiana while Chicago ran the show. I don't think it's that farfetched.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Eight turnovers by Lin. He`s a star.

It happened to Utah, Houston, New York, Seattle, Indiana while Chicago ran the show. I don't think it's that farfetched.

So you're predicting the next Jordan like era?

I just don't see the Heat, Bulls, Knicks, and Clippers going anywhere. Those teams will just continue to get better, mainly because those are the destinations that free agents want to go to. Plus, no team is gonna dominate the Heat.

I'm not saying OKC cant win a title, but to say there going to dominate the 90s' Bulls... that's a stretch.

PlasmaTwa2

No team is going to dominate like the Bulls did, for the sole reason that they aren't the Bulls.

Out of the major sports I'd say NBA has the best chacnes of having dynasties. Probably because of all the egomaniac assholes that try to build their own all star teams, like the Queen, Anthony, Howard, et al. If it's going to happen anywhere it's going to happen in that league.

PlasmaTwa2

Out of the major sports I'd say NBA has the best chacnes of having dynasties. Probably because of all the egomaniac assholes that try to build their own all star teams, like the Queen, Anthony, Howard, et al. If it's going to happen anywhere it's going to happen in that league.

What about the Yankees?

Agreed. It's also the only league where location and market have as big an impact as it does, basically nullifying the chances of 22/30 teams.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Kyrie Irving got off in the Shaq-Charles Barkley game....MVP.

Ricky Rubio is sick like Flu w/ the ball.

Made some crazy passes tonight, including one between DeMarcus Cousins legs on his way to the hoop!

Jeremy Lin looks like he needs Oxygen.....or a doctor.

So you're predicting the next Jordan like era?

I just don't see the Heat, Bulls, Knicks, and Clippers going anywhere. Those teams will just continue to get better, mainly because those are the destinations that free agents want to go to. Plus, no team is gonna dominate the Heat.

I'm not saying OKC cant win a title, but to say there going to dominate the 90s' Bulls... that's a stretch.

Pssh nobody seems to want to come and play for my Bulls. Everyone wants to go to either L.A, New Jersey/Brooklyn or NYC. The Bulls got spurned by Lebron, Wade and they're going to get spurned by Howard because he doesn't want to come here either. The Bulls are one star player away from winning a championship so you would think that Chicago would be a hot destination

PlasmaTwa2

Man, Lin shit the bed during the Rising Stars game. Compared to Rubio it is amazing we aren't embracing Rubio-sanity.

Pssh nobody seems to want to come and play for my Bulls. Everyone wants to go to either L.A, New Jersey/Brooklyn or NYC. The Bulls got spurned by Lebron, Wade and they're going to get spurned by Howard because he doesn't want to come here either. The Bulls are one star player away from winning a championship so you would think that Chicago would be a hot destination

I think the Bulls' legacy is what keeps a lot of free agents away from Chicago. Head to Chicago and win a championship or two and you will still always be an afterthought to Jordan's team. At least the Lakers have never had such a dominate dynasty in their history and teams like the Nets, Knicks or Heat provide an essentially clean slate to build a legacy on. :dunno:

Rubio is fun to watch. I've watched pretty much every Wolves game this year.

He's said he likes the "small market" feel of Minny so if that works for him, that's cool. Truth told, there isn't a shit load to do in downtown Minneapolis as compared to the likes of the "Big Apple," but Minneapolis is light years ahead of places like Oklahoma City :facepalm: Charlotte :facepalm: or a few other teams. It's the cold market, methinks, that keeps big time players to the team. Glen Taylor is on record on wanting to keep the team in the TC and he signed the biggest contract in the history of sports back 'roun '00 when they re-signed Garnett to that deal. The Wolves could be the real deal here in a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.