• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

NBA '11/'12 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

winterwarz

Closed Account
Yeesh! :facepalm:

ESPN fires writer for penning racist Jeremy Lin headline; suspends anchor for 30 days
By Erin Durkin / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

image.jpg

ESPN has fired the writer who wrote a headline using the phrase “chink in the armor” to refer to Jeremy Lin, the network said Sunday morning.

The network also hit anchor Max Bretos, who used the same term on the air while discussing Lin, with a 30 day suspension.

“We again apologize, especially to Mr. Lin. His accomplishments are a source of great pride to the Asian-American community, including the Asian-American employees at ESPN. Through self-examination, improved editorial practices and controls, and response to constructive criticism, we will be better in the future,” ESPN said in a statement.

WHO IS JEREMY LIN? MEET THE NEW KNICKS PHENOM

A commentator made a similar reference on ESPN Radio New York Friday. ESPN officials say the commentator was not an employee.

The headline — “Chink in the Armor: Jeremy Lin’s 9 Turnovers Cost Knicks in Streak-stopping Loss to Hornets” was posted on ESPN’s mobile site for about a half hour early Saturday morning before it was removed.

edurkin@nydailynews.com

Article

didnt want to praise lin until he plays against a contender but what he did against the mavs was amazing. this guy is a great story. what a pitty he is playing for melo and the knicks:(

BAYAMONXXX

Land Of The Snakes
Great game by Jeremy Lin 28pts 14 dimes against the Mavs. Steve Novak was on :flame: in the 4th quarter 14pts. good job by JR Smith & Chandler. MSG went nuts when Lin drilled a long three in the German's face!

Wolves win a fuckin barn burner tonight against the 76. KL with two free throws to win with 00.1 on the clock. Down 90-91, puts them both in and they add to their league leading record (9) wins when trailing at the half. Rubio has career high 22 points.

Fucking exciting game.

I know the MVP talk is going to be dominated by Lebron, Durant, Kobe and Dwight, but I hope Lin and Love get some consideration.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Are the Lakers headed for a long drought?

I know the MVP talk is going to be dominated by Lebron, Durant, Kobe and Dwight, but I hope Lin and Love get some consideration.

Why should the Queen, Kobe or even Durant even really be in the discussion? I can see Durant being at the top of the discussion but certainly not the Queen and probably not Kobe.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Look at it this way: Lin starts scoring 28 points a game and everyone is amazed at this new talent. LeBron scores 28 points a game and people don't even bat an eyelash.

Sorry, but LeBron is the MVP so far this season. He is the number one scorer in the league on the number one team. :dunno:

Why should the Queen, Kobe or even Durant even really be in the discussion? I can see Durant being at the top of the discussion but certainly not the Queen and probably not Kobe.

Look at it this way: Lin starts scoring 28 points a game and everyone is amazed at this new talent. LeBron scores 28 points a game and people don't even bat an eyelash.

Sorry, but LeBron is the MVP so far this season. He is the number one scorer in the league on the number one team. :dunno:

Lebron James is the best player in the league and he's having the best season. If Lebron James played Jeremy Lin's minutes, he would be putting up insane numbers. But the way DWade's been playing for the past 10 games it hard for me to say he's the Most Valuable Player, when getting so much help.

If Jeremy Lin keeps playing the way he's been playing, and the Knicks finish as the 3 seed in the east. I can see Jeremy Lin as the MVP.

Certainly not Lebron? Why? The guy is averaging 27-7-7 and having the best statistical season in the history of the sport. Kobe leads the league in scoring and is the glue keeping a fucked up Laker team together and in contention.

If they shouldn't be in the discussion, as you said....who should?

Kobe is the number one scorer, and Miami is tied with OKC for best record. Lebron is like Peyton Manning. Technically they're the MVP every year, carrying their teams and putting up hall of fame numbers while doing it. Lebron could probably have 5-6 MVP's by now. All I'm saying is, Lin is turning around this Knicks team, and he was doing it without their "stars", while bring clutch, a great leader and having great numbers. Love is averaging 25-14!!! And leads the league in double doubles. I never said they deserved it over Lebron, all I said was I hope they get some consideration. Especially if Lin keeps this up for the remainder of the season. The Knicks weren't making the playoffs without the guy.

I got
Lebron
Durant
Love
Lin (if he keeps it up)
Kobe

Lebron James is the best player in the league and he's having the best season. If Lebron James played Jeremy Lin's minutes, he would be putting up insane numbers. But the way DWade's been playing for the past 10 games it hard for me to say he's the Most Valuable Player, when getting so much help.

If Jeremy Lin keeps playing the way he's been playing, and the Knicks finish as the 3 seed in the east. I can see Jeremy Lin as the MVP.

Certainly not Lebron? Why? The guy is averaging 27-7-7 and having the best statistical season in the history of the sport. Kobe leads the league in scoring and is the glue keeping a fucked up Laker team together and in contention.

If they shouldn't be in the discussion, as you said....who should?

Kobe is the number one scorer, and Miami is tied with OKC for best record. Lebron is like Peyton Manning. Technically they're the MVP every year, carrying their teams and putting up hall of fame numbers while doing it. Lebron could probably have 5-6 MVP's by now. All I'm saying is, Lin is turning around this Knicks team, and he was doing it without their "stars", while bring clutch, a great leader and having great numbers. Love is averaging 25-14!!! And leads the league in double doubles. I never said they deserved it over Lebron, all I said was I hope they get some consideration. Especially if Lin keeps this up for the remainder of the season. The Knicks weren't making the playoffs without the guy.

I got
Lebron
Durant
Love
Lin (if he keeps it up)
Kobe

Oh god, are you guys serious? BOSH alone won a number of games for them. Queen is surrounded by Wade and Bosh (among others) and you seriously think he should even be mentioned in MVP talks? lols....

You too. Wade and Bosh? You three are smoking crack if you think he is "MVP" of the league. He plays on a fucking all star team for fuck's sake.

Put him on the Bobcats and if was still putting up those numbers and they were winning games, I would concede. The Queen is NOT the league MVP.

Did you not see Lebron put up similar or better numbers in Cleveland? And win 2 MVP's? And winning 60 games? With the #1 seed? WIthout Wade and Bosh? If he was on Charlotte, they'd be in 1st place and he'd have 30-8-8 a night. I fucking hate the guy and wish the Heat would end up Lokomotiv style, but to ignore what he does every single night is ridiculous. He's the most valuable player in the league. And yes he probably won't win because he has Wade and Bosh, but he deserves it. To say otherwise is just ignorance.

Did you not see Lebron put up similar or better numbers in Cleveland? And win 2 MVP's? And winning 60 games? With the #1 seed? WIthout Wade and Bosh? If he was on Charlotte, they'd be in 1st place and he'd have 30-8-8 a night. I fucking hate the guy and wish the Heat would end up Lokomotiv style, but to ignore what he does every single night is ridiculous. He's the most valuable player in the league. And yes he probably won't win because he has Wade and Bosh, but he deserves it. To say otherwise is just ignorance.

No, I don't think so. Even our resident Heat boy ^ is on record on the thread saying somewhere that Wade is more important to the team. Even he said that. Take The Queen off the team and they are still a contender, plain and simple. I don't give a hoot about his numbers as MVP is a person who single handedly wins games but it's clear they can easily win without him. :2 cents:

At this rate it's clear that Lin is the front runner. I would maybe put Durant and Love in the discussion. Sure, I guess I would even put the Queen in there, but just because of his supporting cast I don't believe he should win it. But yeah, I guess for sure he should be in the discussion.

Take Wade off the team and they're still a contender. Take Bosh off and they're still a contender. Only one of them is currently boasting the highest PER in league history. Ever. When you're doing things Jordan and Chamberlain didn't do, you deserve MVP.

Reference guide

A Year For the Ages: 35.0

Runaway MVP Candidate: 30.0

Strong MVP Candidate: 27.5

Weak MVP Candidate: 25.0

Bona fide All-Star: 22.5

Borderline All-Star: 20.0

Solid 2nd option: 18.0

3rd Banana: 16.5

Pretty good player: 15.0

In the rotation: 13.0

Scrounging for minutes: 11.0

Definitely renting: 9.0

The Next Stop: DLeague 5.0

Lebron's PER is 32.89. Granted, PER isn't everything. Kobe's is notoriously low, but that's an exception, not the rule. It should also be noted Kevin Love's PER is 29. Impressive.

Damn, I forgot about the NBA threads on here and that there are some informed posters!
I'm from NY so I'm a Knicks fan. Lin fits the Dantoni system to a key and I know many think Melo coming back will hurt the chemistry a bit but Melo doesn't have to have the ball and create his own shot like everyone thinks. He can catch and shoot as well and is deadly during crunch time. JR Smith is a good pick up as well, he should be starting by tonight over Landry Feilds. With Tyson and Amare working th p&r with Lin, Smith and Melo should be getting plenty of shot after the double come on Amare, Tyson and Lin.

Sorry for the slight rant but I'm going a little Linsane fight now. (Sorry for the overused pun as well).

Damn, I forgot about the NBA threads on here and that there are some informed posters!
I'm from NY so I'm a Knicks fan. Lin fits the Dantoni system to a key and I know many think Melo coming back will hurt the chemistry a bit but Melo doesn't have to have the ball and create his own shot like everyone thinks. He can catch and shoot as well and is deadly during crunch time. JR Smith is a good pick up as well, he should be starting by tonight over Landry Feilds. With Tyson and Amare working th p&r with Lin, Smith and Melo should be getting plenty of shot after the double come on Amare, Tyson and Lin.

Sorry for the slight rant but I'm going a little Linsane fight now. (Sorry for the overused pun as well).

Welcome back!!

As far as MVP this year...
Kevin "Duratuala" "Baby Ice" Durant has to be a favorite along with King James as he is having one of the best season in NBA history.
Kevin Love has to get some votes. He is top five (maybe 6) in scoring and rebounds.
Blake Griffin is putting up 22 and 11 every game so he has to be considered as well because even without CP he would be putting up these numbers.

STDiva your right on with your pics.

I would love for Lin to keep up what he is doing but I don't think he's an MVP candidate yet and I'm a NYK die hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.