• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Movies you don't understand how ANYONE likes

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Requiem for A Dream, there may be fans of this one, but this movie is way too fucking overrated.

The only one that really comes to mind is 300. I thought it was shite.

300 is the kind of movie that is only good if you don't try to make it out to be more than it really is. If one goes into it assuming it's just going to be nothing more than mind candy with people beating each other up then it's not too bad. It's just like the old action movies. Sometimes movies have to be taken as what they are.

Now if people go into it wanting a deeply involved plot they are probably going to be disappointed.

300 is the kind of movie that is only good if you don't try to make it out to be more than it really is. If one goes into it assuming it's just going to be nothing more than mind candy with people beating each other up then it's not too bad. It's just like the old action movies. Sometimes movies have to be taken as what they are.

Now if people go into it wanting a deeply involved plot they are probably going to be disappointed.

i quote this comment because reading this thread, everyone is doing exactly this when they judge alot of the movies they bring up like Transformers, 300, Twilight (for the record Twilight is the only movies im not a fan of on that list)...etc. Ive never expected my favorite genre (action) of movies to be Oscar Winners, i just want explosions, fights, killings and a limit on cheesy romance and im happy with the movie...which is why i loved the Transformers movies...

With that having been said, there are alot of movies i wouldnt understand unless there was mtv stupidity like Jackass, but i know people like idiots doing idiotic things for some reason, why i will never understand for the life of me. For reasons like that im never surprised when trashy movies are liked by movie audiences because theres a market for everything these days, some have a bigger market than others

i quote this comment because reading this thread, everyone is doing exactly this when they judge alot of the movies they bring up like Transformers, 300, Twilight (for the record Twilight is the only movies im not a fan of on that list)...etc. Ive never expected my favorite genre (action) of movies to be Oscar Winners, i just want explosions, fights, killings and a limit on cheesy romance and im happy with the movie...which is why i loved the Transformers movies...

agreed, it does seem as though people expect too much out of a lot of movies...especially PG-13 action movies, they're not intended to be great, realistic or anything. they're intended to purely be cheap entertainment that requires zero thought from the viewer and will make an assload of money...which they do quite well :2 cents:

I do agree with a lot of what you said, but also I think a lot of movies are made that way when they shouldn't be. A movie like 300 works like that, but with a movie like Transformers it should have been made somewhat differently in the first place, especially when most of the cartoon series over the years and the cartoon movie did a much better job than the actual newer movies do. (Which is kind of even more ironic when you consider the Transformers cartoon was basically created to sell the toys they came from. Of course nearly everything was more creative and better done in entertainment back then.)

In that respect it's also being compared not only to what it is, but what a lot of people think it should have been. I suppose a lot of movies might be alright by themselves if they were completely new and there wasn't anything to judge them on or any expectations for them.

Also even from mindless action movies you can have ones that are a lot better than others. A lot of the movies people don't like that fit the mindless action type are sometimes disliked because people make them out to be more than they were intended, but sometimes they just really do plain suck looking at it from almost any aspect.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
ANYTHING with Matthew McConnhey in it. Floppy haired motherfucker is screen AIDS.

Alright,I just thought of another movie that he's in that's really good.

Dazed And Confused.

Alright,I just thought of another movie that he's in that's really good.

Dazed And Confused.

Watched it last night and I agree with you. Also, D&C seems to be the only movie in which I can tolerate Ben Assfleck.

Someone else already mentioned the main star of the movie I think is a waste of 2 hours of my life.
The Bad Lieutenant starring Nicholas Cage.
I don't think all of his movies suck...but quite a few are pretty lame. That particular movie was HORRIFIC!!

Patrick_S

persona non grata
Joe Dirt, anyone who liked that movie should be dragged out behind a barn and get shot in the head (the same could be said for just about every other movie starring David Spade).

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
The Social Network. I made it through about quarter of the way through of that crap before turning on a John Candy movie. Now there's an actor.

I honestly can not understand how that was nominated for best picture, let alone anything. I've seen Jesse Eisenberg in other movies where he has some emotion in his voice, but this one, he was monotone. Is the real guy that way? An emotionless little turd bag?