• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Movies you don't understand how ANYONE likes

While I agree with you in principle, I have to say that my comment about Kevin Costner was genuine. I have seen a lot (most) of his films. I hated every single one. I find that every time he touches a film, whether acting or directing, the film loses something.
Fair enough.At least you give his movies a chance despite not liking him.

No. It wasn't. I fucking hated it. Why? You guessed it. It may be a generalization, but that actor ruins a movie experience for me. Not that surprising, considering the integral role actors play in, ya know, movies.

That's my opinion, that's my answer to this OP.

P.S. your post about movie generalizations, was in itself a generalization, by lumping in all those posts together under one blanket criticism.

Jus' saying.

P.P.S. I pretty much love movies more than I love any other form of entertainment. The phrase 'movie buff' was invented in preparation for my arrival on this earth. So, I know of what I speak when I say that - unequivocally - Matthew McConnehey is the worst thing to ever happen to cinema. (and, yes, I also know I am misspelling his name. It's deliberate.)

I guess I'll never understand that,but whatever.

In regards to your "p.s",it's not really a generalization,considering that the intention was to pick movie that you don't like that got critial acclaim or that a lot of people seem to like,but you don't.

I've found that almost everyone that I know likes Donnie Darko.I think that movie sucks ass.85% on Rotten Tomatoes plus most of what I either read or hear from a lot of people that like the movie,seems like the majority of people that watched it liked it,so it's not really generalizing.

TheOrangeCat

AFK..being taken to the vet to get neutered.
I've found that almost everyone that I know likes Donnie Darko.I think that movie sucks ass.85% on Rotten Tomatoes plus most of what I either read or hear from a lot of people that like the movie,seems like the majority of people that watched it liked it,so it's not really generalizing.

You hate Donnie Darko? What is wrong with you? Are you mad? Is this Communist China? I am literally floating 6.53 meters above the ground with rage. You know why you hate it? I'll tell you. Matthew McConnehey. Yes, I know he's not in it, but you clearly watched one of his movies sometime in the calendar year preceding your viewing of the classic masterpiece that is, Donnie Darko. And that clearly twisted your perception. This is a scientific fact.

gen·er·al·ize (jnr--lz)
v. gen·er·al·ized, gen·er·al·iz·ing, gen·er·al·iz·es
v.tr.

a. To reduce to a general form, class, or law.
b. To render indefinite or unspecific.

a. To infer from many particulars.
b. To draw inferences or a general conclusion from.

a. To make generally or universally applicable.
b. To popularize.

Fair enough.At least you give his movies a chance despite not liking him.

:glugglug:

Donnie Darko: A stupid, insipid movie that tries to be "deep," and captures shallow minded, adolescent minds. Spend a short amount of time thinking about this film, the whole thing falls apart. Other than that, it was poorly acted, not terribly well shot, and had a wretched score.

Yeah. I think that's about it from me on Donnie Darko.

TheOrangeCat

Donnie Darko: A stupid, insipid movie that tries to be "deep," and captures shallow minded, adolescent minds. Spend a short amount of time thinking about this film, the whole thing falls apart. Other than that, it was poorly acted, not terribly well shot, and had a wretched score.

Yeah. I think that's about it from me on Donnie Darko.

I hate you. You suck.

But, putting that aside - which version did you see - the theatrical version was butchered by the studio. The director's cut is an entirely different animal.

No it wasn't, no it wasn't .. ok, the score wasn't great, but the soundtrack was awesome

Donnie Darko, while certainly being overrated as fuck, is a pretty good movie. Alternate realities gets me every time.

The Dark Knight

Not a very good plot plot in any way, action scenes not all that great and really Heath Ledgers Death is what really carried this movie

Really can't see how everyone had a jizzfest over this movie

TheOrangeCat

The Dark Knight

Not a very good plot plot in any way, action scenes not all that great and really Heath Ledgers Death is what really carried this movie

Really can't see how everyone had a jizzfest over this movie

I don't think his death carried the movie. I think his acting did. It was superb. He nailed the Joker.

But you're pretty spot on with the plot and action.

I don't think his death carried the movie. I think his acting did. It was superb. He nailed the Joker.

But you're pretty spot on with the plot and action.

I do agree he played a really good Joker, I just think it wouldn't of done nearly as good if he didn't off himself