• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Mixed Martial Arts

War Ken Shamrock!

Hamill - you suck! You're overrated! Herman, you have heart. Tito - Liddell will be digging your grave... like you did with Shamrock.

tell me about it. i remember when ken was one of the top fighters. now he is like ozzy. just a punchline.

and we can't leave out Tyson!

Hey, perhaps a match between Tyson and Ken would be good to watch as Mike once hinted to wanting to be in Pride Fighting!

Cheers.

War Ken Shamrock!

Hamill - you suck! You're overrated! Herman, you have heart. Tito - Liddell will be digging your grave... like you did with Shamrock.

Hamill's problem is the same as anyone who comes in with to much of a strictly wrestling background. He just needs to learn how to finish like any of the rest of them a la Rashad Evans. He also better damn sure learn to KEEP HIS HANDS UP! Being a former kickboxer myself, it bugs the hell out of me watching people hold their hands at chest level.

I do have to say that I was more impressed with Herman this fight than with any of the fights he had on the show, but he still sucked. And as far a Liddell/Ortiz, I don't even want to try to call that one right now.

I'm not going to get to see the fight tonight, so if someone could tell me who the winners are in the two title fights, I'd really appreciate it. I find that, sometimes, the UFC website is slow to post results.

Thanks

Nevermind, they were on the ball with the web site tonight. Wow! Looks like a couple of upsets! I'd love for someone to share how Franklin and Florian lost. That's too bad Franklin lost. I like him, he seems like a decent guy.

Thanks for the link. I did not expect them to have that up so quickly.

The UFC site had Sherk listed as weighing 169 or something like that. How was he allowed to fight for the lightweight title at that weight? Is the website wrong?

Thanks for the link. I did not expect them to have that up so quickly.

The UFC site had Sherk listed as weighing 169 or something like that. How was he allowed to fight for the lightweight title at that weight? Is the website wrong?

I :dunno: ..it could be a typo?

It's not an upset when you're beat by the better man.

Pretty bad when a B+ PRIDE fighter is swapped to the UFC and defeats its most dominating champion...nothing taken away from Silva though, the guy is an absolute stud.

It is an upset when an "unknown" to the UFC world with only one fight and Vegas having him as a heavy underdog wins. However, and personally, I know the Brazilian fighters very well and I have seen Silva fought in other venues and I bet for him and won big bucks! :nanner:

It is an upset when an "unknown" to the UFC world with only one fight and Vegas having him as a heavy underdog wins. However, and personally, I know the Brazilian fighters very well and I have seen Silva fought in other venues and I bet for him and won big bucks! :nanner:

Well just because some uninformed TUF fans dont know who is he doesnt make it an upset either. I'd say he was pretty known to the UFC after handing Lebens sloppy striking ass. Anyone who watches MMA all around knows who Silva is, I knew the second I saw on the main page that they swapped for Silva the only reason they brought him in was to challenge Franklin.

I personally dont see it as an upset, to be honest I had Franklin winning but I expected a war throughout, I figured Silva had a good chance though, but never would I had imagined this fight being so dominated by Silva...Franklin looked like he never fought in a clinch against a Muay Thai fighter in his life. It was just...stunning, I'm still in shock.

The surprise to me, was that he got a title shot on only his second fight in this organization. I would have thought he would have had to climb the ladder like anyone else.

great pay per view last night.

sherk v.s. florian is one of the best fights i have seen this year.

i am so happy i placed my bet on silva.. all my friends had never seen him fight before so i made 50 dollars quite easily last night.

Franklin was very open in the muay thai clinch, he didnt seem to know how to defend it. i will never forget the shape of his nose in the post-foght interview.

i was also happy with the 3rd bout. the korean v. fritche? something liek that, it went 3 rounds and had very decent groundwork as well as striking.

i was upset that kongo lost, he is one of my favourites, but his opponent did a good job taking him down exposing kongos one weakness, his height stopped him from proventing the takedown.

the first fight was a solid opener... louzon is only 18!! that is unheard of! good for him, he controlled the first 3 minutes of the fight.

as for next month, monson is gonna get wrecked by silvia.
i cant wait.

as for lidell v.s wanderlei silva, it got cancelled because silva lost quite easily in a pride show not to long ago, his stock aint what it used to be.

great pay per view last night.

sherk v.s. florian is one of the best fights i have seen this year.

i am so happy i placed my bet on silva.. all my friends had never seen him fight before so i made 50 dollars quite easily last night.

Franklin was very open in the muay thai clinch, he didnt seem to know how to defend it. i will never forget the shape of his nose in the post-foght interview.

i was also happy with the 3rd bout. the korean v. fritche? something liek that, it went 3 rounds and had very decent groundwork as well as striking.

i was upset that kongo lost, he is one of my favourites, but his opponent did a good job taking him down exposing kongos one weakness, his height stopped him from proventing the takedown.

the first fight was a solid opener... louzon is only 18!! that is unheard of! good for him, he controlled the first 3 minutes of the fight.

as for next month, monson is gonna get wrecked by silvia.
i cant wait.

as for lidell v.s wanderlei silva, it got cancelled because silva lost quite easily in a pride show not to long ago, his stock aint what it used to be.

the ppv wasn't very good, kenny vs sherk was really the only good fight

really... oh ok, i will just take your word for it, just disregard my entire post.

how was the PPV bad?

we saw a new dominanting middleweight.
the emergence of one of the best weight classes in lightweight.
we saw an 18 year old control a 32 year old, and prove age isnt a factor young or old.
and the Kuniyoshi Hironaka vs Jon Fitch Fight was solid at the mid-card

bad ppv? well i guess it just shows how close you follow MMA

well first off, laughable entrances, all sorts of production problems, a signigicant skill msmatch in the first fight ,and most of the otherf ights where crap fights 2 except the main event which was only good because franklin was murdered and plus way to much advertising and no joe rogan, although fitch vs hironaka was a good fight.

The surprise to me, was that he got a title shot on only his second fight in this organization. I would have thought he would have had to climb the ladder like anyone else.

He had a rep coming in beating some big names and it would have been a waste of time for him to eat through the UFC middleweights to move up.

Anderson Silva!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope silva attempts to drop weight and possibly fight the winner of GSP/Hughes. He owned pride welterweight, i can see him attempting the same thing here.
and quite honestly, hughes is the only fighter right now that i see giving silva a run for his money