• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Metal Music

Wuts ur Favorite metal band????

• Metallica

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Slipknot

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Pantera

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Other(post the name of the band plz)

Votes: 43 38.7%

• Total voters
Depends what kind of metal... That crappy 'metal' you used to use in early DT class that could be cut with plastic scissors? :1orglaugh

nah dude. he means that hanson knows how to get a metal show going. just throw them in the pit and watch the piranhas go.:banger:

refuse/resist!

nah dude. he means that hanson knows how to get a metal show going. just throw them in the pit and watch the piranhas go.:banger:

refuse/resist!

I´d like to see that... :D

Can't wait to see Immortal in Wacken.:banger:

sorry this response is a bite late, but yes I have heard of clutch and they kick ass and I wish i could see them live. I am going to a Black Sabbath (DIO singing) / Megadeth show though.

Metallica is my favorite of all-time,especially the first four albums (that's where I stole my username from, ...And Justice For All). I'm mostly into thrash. Some of my other favorites are: Destruction, Sodom, Kreator, Overkill, Exodus, Testament, Coroner, Assassin, etc.

Sabbath

Right now!

member987

Closed Account
Sabbath.

Sabbath's influence is not ony heard, but admitted to by so many bands that have emerged in the wake of Sabbath. One can hear Sabbath in Metallica, AIC, Soundgarden - even old school bands.

For me, the best metal bands: Sabbath, Priest and Maiden.

Tony still had it when Ozzy left and Dio joined. Heaven And Hell and The Mob Rules are great albums.

I've heard that AIC is going to headline Ozzfest in '07. :thumbsup:

Doest make much sense considering that the band disbanded a couple years ago...:confused:

Can't believe that some people actually consider Slipknot like the best Metal band ever...

Iron Maiden's management sure like them- since they're both on Sanctuary.

:thumbsup:

Seriously, like anything, it's all opinion. Slipknot's got some stuff I like, but there are others that I prefer more (Like Maiden :glugglug: ) Why so angry with the Iowa boys?

Besides, being pals with the lead guitar player from Slipknot, I've been told if I need any Iron Maiden swag, all I gotta do is ask. :banger:

Rock on.

H

Seriously, like anything, it's all opinion. Slipknot's got some stuff I like, but there are others that I prefer more (Like Maiden :glugglug: ) Why so angry with the Iowa boys?
for me its because they played at ozzfest 2005 (a one time appearance that year) and they were awful.

Besides, being pals with the lead guitar player from Slipknot, I've been told if I need any Iron Maiden swag, all I gotta do is ask. :banger:
now thats awesome. id be slipknot's friend for that.

Yeah, I haven't taken him up on it yet. I told him if he could get me the giant Egyptian Eddy, I'd be all over that idea. My back yard may not be big enough to hold it, but I don't need a house anyway.

Weird that they were horrible at ozzfest in 2k5. It's their earlier stuff I'm not that keen on.

H

Why so angry with the Iowa boys?
Because they give a bad name to Metal...Because of them(and how commercial they are...) everyone who don't know shit about Metal think its only noises and screaming when there is nothing more melodic and more intelligent than some Metal bands... + Their lyrics are really dumb and the music is overall uninspired and noisy! I prefer music with intelligent lyrics than dumb lyrics like: I'll kill you, fuck the world, satan ownz, etc... They are mostly a band for kids/teens, I should say... They are posers who pretend to be satanic because kids think satan is cool...

and I see this band very oftenly in some 'best Metal band ever' poll, but its so far from being one of the best Metal band! What about Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dream Theater, Helloween, Queensryche, Blind Guardian, King Diamond, Accept, Loudness, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and so much more ... ?? Now these are some of the best ever! Surely not a commercial band like Slipknot...:)

I also have the feeling that those who voted for Slipknot didnt heard much Metal bands...

Well, except that I don't really hate Slipknot!:1orglaugh

dave_rhino

Closed Account
Because they give a bad name to Metal...Because of them(and how commercial they are...) everyone who don't know shit about Metal think its only noises and screaming when there is nothing more melodic and more intelligent than some Metal bands... + Their lyrics are really dumb and the music is overall uninspired and noisy! I prefer music with intelligent lyrics than dumb lyrics like: I'll kill you, fuck the world, satan ownz, etc... They are mostly a band for kids/teens, I should say... They are posers who pretend to be satanic because kids think satan is cool...

and I see this band very oftenly in some 'best Metal band ever' poll, but its so far from being one of the best Metal band! What about Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dream Theater, Helloween, Queensryche, Blind Guardian, King Diamond, Accept, Loudness, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and so much more ... ?? Now these are some of the best ever! Surely not a commercial band like Slipknot...:)

I also have the feeling that those who voted for Slipknot didnt heard much Metal bands...

Well, except that I don't really hate Slipknot!:1orglaugh

Not every metal band has to sound the same.

Sounds like you're boo-hooing it a bit too much.

:2 cents:

(For the record, i'm not a slipknot fan. But honestly, they must of been doing something right...)

Not every metal band has to sound the same.
and where did I say that? Power Metal, Death Metal, Progressive Metal, Trash Metal, Black Metal, Neo Classical Metal, Speed Metal, ... that's all different, but NOT SHITTY!:D

No, they didnt do anything good...They are a commercial band, enough said. I'm not booing the band too much...Its just what they deserves... I even listenned to Slipknot when I was younger and wanted to be 'cool' and loved their swearing lyrics because it was 'cool' you know, but its just a band that you forget when growing up(don't know anyone older than 18 who listen to this band)... There is thousands of REAL Metal bands out there that would make everyone who listen to Slipknot forget about them because its obvious that if you consider Slipknot like the best Metal band ever then you must not have heard a lot of bands at all.