• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Metal Music

Wuts ur Favorite metal band????

• Metallica

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Slipknot

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Pantera

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Other(post the name of the band plz)

Votes: 43 38.7%

• Total voters
I voted for the Knot,I love Metallica too but I prefer the psychotic style of those guys!

You've gotta be shitting me with those choices? Pantera have only one good album to speak of (IMO), Vuylgar Display of Power. Metallica have been washed up has-beens for years and Slipknot just plain suck. Just like Laibach said, I'm too kvlt for commercial metal.

Favourite Metal band: Morbid Angel or Meshuggah.

I haven't been listening to much metal recently, but when i have i've been spinning:

Cult of Luna - The Beyond
Gorguts - From Wisdom To Hate
In-Quest - Epileptic
Immemorial - After Deny
Decapitated - The Negation
Sotajumala - Death Metal Finland

If you think Metallica, Pantera and Slipknot are the pinacle of metal then you really need to spend some time exploring the many sub-genres, you'll be glad you did.

I'll second Black Sabbath. But then I'm an old fart. I just have to be able to understand the lyrics. All this grunting, hocking up loogeys and such. I just don't get it. Bands like Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio have been ther and done it. The music is and always will be good. Metal like any other form of music is proven by it's timeless nature. We'll see in twenty years if any of the latest crop are still selling records. As much as I hate Lars, Metallica has been around the block a few times and are still here. They've just grown up, not sold out.

Larry

Metal sucks ass in general ... Tis all about the Underground

Blackmetal :bowdown:

Grindcore :bowdown:

Goregrind :bowdown:

How can anyone take a metal poll seriously when AC-DC is not listed as one of the choices.

Ac/Dc is not metal by any means . . . They are Prue Rock&Roll

I like all kinds of metal, but Metallica (mainly old stuff) is my favorite (metal band). They've been a favorite of mine since around 1984/85 when I first heard them.

Others that I like are ...

Testament
Venom
Slayer
Megadeth
Anthrax

Also, lighter stuff like ...

Black Sabbath
Ozzy Osbourne
Queensryche
Motley Crue
Iron Maiden
WASP
Ratt
Van Halen

Pink Floyd is my favorite band overall, btw.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Pantera, but they all pretty much rock!
1022.gif

Iron Maiden and Warlock.

The original and still the best, BLACK SABBATH. :bowdown: