• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Metal Music

Wuts ur Favorite metal band????

• Metallica

Votes: 38 34.2%
  • Slipknot

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Pantera

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Other(post the name of the band plz)

Votes: 43 38.7%

• Total voters
and where did I say that? Power Metal, Death Metal, Progressive Metal, Trash Metal, Black Metal, Neo Classical Metal, Speed Metal, ... that's all different, but NOT SHITTY!:D
i only have two classifications of metal. and none of these are them.;)

I even listened to Slipknot when I was younger and wanted to be 'cool' and loved their swearing lyrics because it was 'cool' you know, but its just a band that you forget when growing up(don't know anyone older than 18 who listen to this band)
in 2001, me and my buddy had just bought slayer/pantera tickets. when we told our dealer about it, all he said was "are you guys going to get slipknot tickets?"
i was both amused and insulted at the same time. this guy was older than both of us. so, there is at least one "oldie" who wanted to be cool. :rofl:

dave_rhino

Closed Account
I'm with IAF, i don't see the point in all these differen't metal genres.

All those random classifications are for the kind of people who read Kerrang Magazine...

dave_rhino

Closed Account
It seems these days every metal band has it's own damn genre...

The reason metal bands sound different in comparison to each other?.....

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME BAND!

Because they give a bad name to Metal...Because of them(and how commercial they are...) everyone who don't know shit about Metal think its only noises and screaming when there is nothing more melodic and more intelligent than some Metal bands... + Their lyrics are really dumb and the music is overall uninspired and noisy! I prefer music with intelligent lyrics than dumb lyrics like: I'll kill you, fuck the world, satan ownz, etc... They are mostly a band for kids/teens, I should say... They are posers who pretend to be satanic because kids think satan is cool...

and I see this band very oftenly in some 'best Metal band ever' poll, but its so far from being one of the best Metal band! What about Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dream Theater, Helloween, Queensryche, Blind Guardian, King Diamond, Accept, Loudness, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and so much more ... ?? Now these are some of the best ever! Surely not a commercial band like Slipknot...:)

I also have the feeling that those who voted for Slipknot didnt heard much Metal bands...

Well, except that I don't really hate Slipknot!:1orglaugh

Well, I have to agree with you that the poll is very VERY incomplete, but the noises/nonsense is one of the reasons I liked the last Slipknot CD the best. The first two are not my cup of tea, though there is a song or two I like off the second one.

Actually, they're not that "satanic". At least not the one I know. He's odd. Strange. Very eery at times, but not Satanic.

H

Actually, they're not that "satanic". At least not the one I know. He's odd. Strange. Very eery at times, but not Satanic.

slipknot is no more satanic than slayer is. and vice versa. they are just lyrics. in slayer's case, tom grew up in a devout catholic household. this is probably why there are satanic words and images. and to be honest, i never associated slipknot with satan.

H
I know, but THAT'S EVEN WORST! They pretend to be satanic just because some kids think satan is cool!

About Slayer, I think there is one of the member who really have something agaisnt christianism...

About Slayer, I think there is one of the member who really have something agaisnt christianism...

yeah. i just said tom did. but he is not satanic. he is like me. he loves the dark side. not because its "cool" but rather because its more realistic than the alternative when it comes to real life.

I'm with IAF, i don't see the point in all these differen't metal genres.

All those random classifications are for the kind of people who read Kerrang Magazine...
The point is that all these genres are different and its a way to classify the bands... If you know the genres you can pretty much make the difference between each of them because they are all different...Before there was only Heavy Metal, but then came some different bands who decided to combine more musical genres with Metal...Progressive Metal for exemple=Progressive Rock + Heavy Metal...

Never heard of Kerrang magazines...

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I'm partial to the lighter rock. Chevelle, Incubus, Hole and I have a raging dislike for Slayer and Disturbed. :)

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Do you like Rush?

Rush. Live. Prince. Nine Inch Nails. (not Manson, tho.) Oasis. Grandaddy. Bush.

Thought I'd elaborate a few more bands since noone laughed my choices outright, yet. :)

i can tell. no slayer fan would ever link them to disturbed. :D

Heeey! I didnt link em, I just cant stand either. So at least in disgust, they are partners! lol

BTW, there is alot of soft Metal bands out there...
lacuna coil is as soft as i go in metal.

Rush. Live. Prince. Nine Inch Nails. (not Manson, tho.) Oasis. Grandaddy.

Thought I'd elaborate a few more bands since noone laughed my choices outright, yet. :)
you like rush. thats all that matters to me. ;)

Just what I tought! I don't really like Slayer, but linking them with a shitty band like Disturbed(which is in fact not a Metal band) is just wrong!:tongue:
damn right.:1orglaugh

lacuna coil is as soft as go in metal.

you like rush. thats all that matters to me. ;)

damn right.:1orglaugh
Iron Maiden and bands like that can get pretty soft too... I'm sure anyone can love Blood Brothers! Beautiful song! Ignorant people think too much of Metal as noise and scream...They really should listen to some good bands before thinking something like that...

Rush is awesome! Can't wait for their next album!:thumbsup:

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Hey, now yer all gettin' all elitist with the bands! :p

I'd also link Metallica in there with 'em, but they play them so DAMNED much that ..ya know, it's like when you go somewhere and you're forced to wait while listening to country music or some such. You dont get to like it, necessarily.. but you stop hating it.