• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!
rsz_temps-de-cuisson-cote-de-boeuf.jpg

The first time I went to Paris I went to this amazing place called “Chez Robert et Louise” in the Marais district. The food is all cooked over a fire in a fireplace in the middle of the dining room!! The place is so amazing and traditional French to it’s core! I have been back several times and every time I’m in Paris I have at least 2 meals there.
They have the world’s BEST potatoes! The cook them in the fat drippings from their roasting chickens for Christ’s sake!! lol
So here is my ode to that wonderful place! My attempt at Cote de Boeuf which actually came out fantastic!

Enjoy!

Looks very familiar to Bistecca alla Fiorentina. Traditionally this only comes with potatoes. I had it Tuscany about 4 years ago, I didn't have to eat again for about 6 months!

rsz_temps-de-cuisson-cote-de-boeuf.jpg

The first time I went to Paris I went to this amazing place called “Chez Robert et Louise” in the Marais district. The food is all cooked over a fire in a fireplace in the middle of the dining room!! The place is so amazing and traditional French to it’s core! I have been back several times and every time I’m in Paris I have at least 2 meals there.
They have the world’s BEST potatoes! The cook them in the fat drippings from their roasting chickens for Christ’s sake!! lol
So here is my ode to that wonderful place! My attempt at Cote de Boeuf which actually came out fantastic!

Enjoy!

"De Hoef 1627" in Brussels also cooks the meat in a fireplace in the middle of the dining room, some of the best meat in Europe.

Mariahxxx

Official Checked Star Member
rsz_friedmozzarellawontons.jpg

If you’ve seen my other videos you know I’m not a traditionalist when it comes to cooking. I love to experiment, in every aspect of my life obviously! but with food I love to mix entirely different concepts and make something fun and delicious!
This video features a great combo – Wontons and Italian flavor! You can make a variety of combinations but my favorite was the one with the pasta sauce. It exploded with flavor and the crunch of the wonton added an entirely new dimension! I loved these so much and highly recommend you giving them a try!
What you’ll need:
I used 1/2 scallion diced
1/4 cup of reconstituted porcini mushrooms
1/4 cup of sliced fresh mozzarella
large wonton/egg roll wraps from supermarket
leftover pasta sauce
basil
1 egg yolk
4 cups canola oil
Enjoy!
For all my cooking videos checkout http://dinnerwithmariah.com
xoxx
Mariah

Just found this pic. Kat's Deli NYC I went to this establishment in 2008. Pastrami on Rye. Fucking fantastic.

Attachments

• 104_0449.jpg
    104_0449.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 95
further proof the the italians ripped off pasta from china ;)

What?!? Are you trying to burst my bubble? Pasta has been ripped off from the Chinese? I thought it's the Chinese who ripped off everything...

So you are telling me that Italians did not rip-off pasta from America? - And here I was, thinking that pasta was brought to Italy by Christopher Columbus, after he landed on a Caribbean Island - believing to have reached "Chindia", met the natives who were eating pasta under Olive trees, and so he called the place "The Olive Garden"...

:pimpdaddy

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
That wonton thing is great. If you can fit it into a wonton then cook it. Just like putting anything onto a pizza or tortilla.

She's not Italian. You don't see Rachael Ray adding oil to her pasta water do you? WELL DO YOU!!!!!!!!!

:wtf:

Maybe ask Rachael Ray herself? She has this on her website (Google: Rachael Ray boiling pasta olive oil). Seems like you better take your cause to the source I guess, regardless if this is her personal view she is associated with it via her website.

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/food-how-to/good-to-know-techniques/how-to-cook-pasta
Add olive oil to the cooking water to keep the pasta from sticking. Pasta shouldn't stick when properly cooked. If it's cooked with olive oil, it will actually coat the noodles and prevent sauce from sticking.

Sorry to ruin your fantasy about Rachael Ray, you may want to inform her of this opinion/misinformation on her website, so you can sleep better going forward.

Mariahxxx

Official Checked Star Member
I'm not Italian? lmao tell that to my granDpa Gianni and his brother Rocco and his other brother Vincenzo. I'm not joking. all born in Siclily and came to Brooklyn when they were kids. My mom/s mom is from Sicliay and her father is half Sicilian and have spanish from spain.

love the fact this dip shit continues to troll my thread and proves his complete lack of cooking acumen by using Rachel Ray as some sort of demi god for culinary intellect. she is NOT considered to be a chef, or even a good cook. she is NOT respected by the chef community and I know because I have sat with a table of 4 celebrity chefs and heard the trash talk. she is a fucking tv host for housewives who can't boil water. she is not in the league of most of the other actual chefs on cooking shows. fact.

She's not Italian. You don't see Rachael Ray adding oil to her pasta water do you?

WELL DO YOU!!!!!!!!!

Well, I grew up in Italy. One Aunt adds oil to the water, the other doesn't... they've both worked in Restaurant Kitchens in Italy, they're sisters and Italians... so uhm, who's right and who's wrong?

I've talked with various Chefs on the matter:
- some say it is better to add oil to the water to avoid spaghetti from sticking together (but it seems to not have any considerable effect on most other types of pasta, especially not the short/thick versions);
- some say "for heavens sake" don't add oil to the water, it will make the pasta slippery (avoid sticking) as it coats the upper layer of semolina, and doesn't permit sauce from sticking on to the pasta properly;
- others say the quantity of oil you add to the water, has no real effect on the pasta as it is to minuscule a quantity within the water, and anyhows that amount of fat (oil is fat, in case anyone doubts) would just go on to float on top of the water anyways, making it useless.

The only thing all agree on: the water must be salted before you throw the pasta in.
Though again, they will disagree wether or not to add the salt at the start in cold water, or to add the salt when the water is already boiling, and then waiting that it resumes boiling, before throwing in the pasta.

:pimpdaddy