• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Mariahxxx

Official Checked Star Member
DSC02310.jpg

I LOVE crab cakes and I LOVE crab bisque…so i decided to put them together and make something special! This turned out really well and I impressed myself with this one. Whenever you get crab cakes out they are almost all bread crumbs and filler and very little crab. Mine are almost all crab! This makes them very delicate but so worth it!
I wanted a good sauce to go with the crab cakes and realized what would be better than crab bisque!?! It was so easy but sooo delicious! I decided to make a puddle of bisque on my plate and place the crab cake in the center! It looked amazing and tasted even better!
Crab Cake Ingredients:
8oz lump crab meat
saltine crackers
1 large egg
1 pinch old bay seasoning

Crab Bisque Ingredients:
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1 quart prepared creamy tomato soup
cayenne to taste
8-oz tub lump crabmeat
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream

crabcakes9.jpg

Mariahxxx

oh I hear you...it was a shortcut recipe for the bisque since it was a sauce more than a soup. it was soooo good though! tons of flavor and nice and spicy and a perfect compliment to the crab cake!

Mariahxxx

nyc-steak.jpg

I think that everyone should be able to make a steak. I know most men are masters of the grill but many don’t know wtf they are doing when it really comes down to it! Overcooking, incorrect seasoning and using gas grills is crap. yes, I said it! Either use charcoal or wood if you want to do it properly! I use charcoal and add chunks of oak to it…but today it was too windy so I made my steak under the broiler, which to me is the best way! flames are not good for meat because it burns off the fat which is where all the flavor comes from! So I add wood to make smoke, which is flavor.
So I made this steak the most simple way possible. Usually I would make it medium rare but my mom is here and she likes medium, just pink inside but not red. This came out delicious and I used leftover cheater’s cesar salad to go with it! (see previous episode to see how to make cheater’s cesar!)
Ingredients:
1 steak with heavy marbling.
kosher salt
pepper
roasting pan that elevates steak from pan bottom

more cooked than I like but my mom was visiting and she likes medium. still was so soft and good :)

steak8.jpg

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Believe it or not, I can't find a butcher in my area. There are a couple of Halal meat places but it's mostly goat and lamb and I'm not into those. And besides, those places smell horrible and are filthy. The Polish place a short drive makes the best kielbasa in dozens of varieties plus their own hot dogs and cold cuts. Problem is that their butcher case is only 6' long. During the week they will rotate cuts but I have to stop in every day just to see a variety. A full blown butcher shop in my area would make a killing. Upper middle class neighborhood with many fine dining restaurants. The supermarkets and big box clubs all have the same shit for meat.

Mariahxxx

that sucks! I would DIE without my butcher and fish market. There is a great greek butcher also if I want lamb I would move or open my own! :)

I order a lot of stuff from http://www.dartagnan.com/ great website!

Mariah Milano.. the question to ask. Dried or fresh pasta? Personally and after conversations with some Italian friends from Como & Milano we go for dried pasta. My favourite has to be De Cecco. (no oil in the boiling water of course)

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
ive made fresh before. its nothing special if you ask me. now my fresh spatzle , thats a different story.

Mariahxxx

I prefer dried pasta. in Italy you go into these places where they are making pasta and it's hanging from the ceiling all over...I ordered some that had been made fresh right there and it was great....about as great as it was when I bought it dried and packaged and brought it back to the US and made it...so to me, not a big difference.

Mariahxxx

Holy Cow Luigi!!! It’s an Italian Quesadilla!

DSC_0287-580x333.jpg

***I’m out of town guys so I don’t have a way to post pics so please forgive me! I’ll be back in a few days!***
I love Mexican food and of course I LOVE Italian food and a really fun way to be creative in the kitchen is to find new and interesting ways to combine the 2!
So with this I decided to make it a little different using mozzarella cheese with spicy Italian sausage and porcini mushrooms and scallions. The flavors were incredible!
What You’ll Need:
1/2 shallot diced
1/2 cup of reconstituted porcini mushrooms
1/4 cup of sliced fresh mozzarella
1 spicy Italian sausage
2 fat free low carb tortillas
2 cups of beef broth to reconstitute the mushrooms
This is a great way to have some fun with adding new twists to traditional foods. You can really create something amazing if you play around with some of these ideas! This was one of my all-time favorites and I’m really glad I decided to make this one.
Enjoy!
For all my cooking videos checkout http://dinnerwithmariah.com
xoxo
Mariah

I prefer dried pasta. in Italy you go into these places where they are making pasta and it's hanging from the ceiling all over...I ordered some that had been made fresh right there and it was great....about as great as it was when I bought it dried and packaged and brought it back to the US and made it...so to me, not a big difference.

A good brand of dried pasta is so much better. Each to our own though.

Mariahxxx

Truffle Mushroom & Pancetta Egg Souffle!

I LOVE truffles and when I go to Italy I always make sure I take a drive out into the countryside in Tuscany for 2 things: wine and truffles! The flavor is so unique and fantastic! I can add it to anything and love it!
In this dish I made some pancetta and used the drippings to sautee my porcini mushrooms and scallions (not the green part of the scallion!) then I removed my mushrooms and tossed them in my truffle oil.
I poured my eggs into my ramekin and then added my pancetta and truffle mushrooms and baked at 350 for 30 minutes. it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
What you’ll need:
4 large eggs
I used 1/2 scallion diced
1/2 cup of reconstituted porcini mushrooms
1 teaspoon black truffle oil
large wonton/egg roll wraps from supermarket
1 ramekin
butter to grease ramekin
1/4 cup of pancetta

Enjoy!

For all my cooking videos pics & recipe checkout http://dinnerwithmariah.com

xoxo
Mariah

Mariahxxx

rsz_temps-de-cuisson-cote-de-boeuf.jpg

The first time I went to Paris I went to this amazing place called “Chez Robert et Louise” in the Marais district. The food is all cooked over a fire in a fireplace in the middle of the dining room!! The place is so amazing and traditional French to it’s core! I have been back several times and every time I’m in Paris I have at least 2 meals there.
They have the world’s BEST potatoes! The cook them in the fat drippings from their roasting chickens for Christ’s sake!! lol
So here is my ode to that wonderful place! My attempt at Cote de Boeuf which actually came out fantastic!

Enjoy!