• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Have you ever attempted cooking Buffalo brisket? I thought I knew how to cook any kind of meat until I tried that a couple of years ago. You can't go by the color (to get it well done) - it all comes down to temperature and using a knife to check the tenderness once it gets close to being done. That's what I found anyway. It took me two tries to get it right (which was a pretty expensive lesson).

Im not a bison fan. too lean and not enough fat. I havent tried the brisket on a buffalo but I'm going to a ranch in Montana in March where they raise deer, bison and emu so Ill be doing a lot of experimenting with different things and will try it out!

brisket isnt my favorite meat to cook, but I like it occasionally. I usually make it if I'm having a group of people over and it makes great leftovers. I have bought a 2 pound flat brisket and ground it into burger which was fantastic.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
The shaved rib eye is what a Pat's or Geno's Philly Cheese Steak is all about. Never thought about putting it over noodles or rice though.

Also, those are some pretty wide noodles you've got there. Almost like broken up lasagna.

I have friends coming tonight for dinner and to watch a movie so I made a cast iron skillet version of chili today. In the cast iron you can keep the heat a lot more stable and being spread out rather than deep it cooks much more evenly.

I'm going to offer it 4 ways, 1) by itself in a bowl with raw onion shredded cheddar & a dollop of cour creme 2) over white rice 3) Over spaghetti noodles ala Cincinnati style. 4) for the 2 guys who will be here I have some boar's head beef skinless hot dogs and buns to make chili dogs. (Those are the hot dogs that have a nice snap when you bite into them!)

garnish will be chopped green onion, shredded sharp cheddar, raw sweet onion, raw red onion, sour creme, plain greek yogurt, oyster crackers and chopped jalapeno pepper for those who like it spicy! :)

chili-cast-iron.jpg

I'm making all my wife's favourite food tonight
Starting with a crab salad with home made multigrain bread.
Then,
crispy salmon steaks
mashed potatoes
broiled acorn squash
Following that,
Vietnamese Beef carpaccio salad

Ending with
Crème brûlée

Several different wines accompany this, or milk, depending if you're a kid or now. :)

We've all been together for three straight days, no breaks. Figured it would be a good idea to get everyone in a good mood.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Wow, being Dirk's wife for 3 days really pays off.

Those fat noodles from your previous post is going to make my soups so much better. I make and store stocks. It is so fucking easy and costs NOTHING! Here are a few tips:

If you use meat trimmed from bones then save those bones and trimmings into the freezer.
If you are roasting, carve the meat off then freeze what is left. Include roasted chickens from Costco too.
Decide to make a stock from one of them. Raw meat bones need to be roasted in the oven till browning. Toss those bones to carrot shavings and onion ends and celery trimmings and other veg shit you usually throw away. Boil them up for a while and strain them. This is the stock that Chefs make.

great stock recipe Bob!

I have a free-standing freezer that is nothing but stocks and soup bones!

My new thing lately is dashi (fish stock) I have made it from a lot of different fish even mullet which I have a ton of in the canals behind my house. I ad a tablespoon of the dashi to a bowl of rice or noodles and some green onion and it's amazing! As well I put chunks of fish in it with some noodles and chopped green onion and make a soup of it that's awesome. its healthy and fat free and has a ton of flavor.

to make it you just put the entire cleaned fish in a pot of water. bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and leave it alone for a couple of hours. strain it and you have dashi. that simple

I buy whole chickens and bake them and then use the carcass to make chicken stock. just put the entire thing in a pot of water with leeks, a few garlic cloves and salt and pepper, a chopped onion and let it simmer for hours. sift it and you have chicken stock. I buy a lot of packages of chicken parts for my crab traps but they also get used to make stock. you can buy a package of chicken necks for like $3 and its perfect for stock. lots of skin and fat and oily dark meat.

My mother is a very timid eater and she refuses to try new things or new ways to make things. It drives me crazy! to me that is one of the most annoying things someone could be is timid with new experiences. My mom will put a LOT of pepper on everything even before she tries it. she will put steak sauce on prime meat which is a fucking sin.

Since I dont keep steak sauce in my house I started making a steak sauce for her. Ill share the recipe with you because its so good I nearly broke my own rules. I wont put it on good steak, but I put it all over a nice pork chop or a flank or skirt steak!

1 1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbls yellow mustard
2 tbls worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tbls apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
dash of hot sauce
dash cayenne pepper
mix thuroughly

place in a pan on medium heat then add:
orange peel
1 clove minced garlic
minced onion
sprig rosemary and stir while bringing to a simmer. You could eat this alone with a spoon its sooo good!

MissHybrid

Head Of Ministry Of Tarts And Tart Team Commander
Official Checked Star Member
LOVE the ignore option. I hope everyone has a great week and please post some new food pics and recipes and please pay no attention to the trolls. This is a troll-free thread! :)

here is a brisket I made yesterday that turned out great!

Covered it with Tom's French Onion Soup mix and laid it in a deep baking dish. put beef broth that was half way up the side of the brisket and then baked it at 170 degrees for 7 hours til the interneal temp read 185. removed and wrapped in foil and placed in a cooler for 45 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. placed back in oven at 275 for 10 minutes to finish it off.

laid the sliced meat in the pan of drippings and beef broth for 10 minutes prior to serving. Laid it on fresh rolls and topped with mustard-based carolina bbq sauce and homemade garlic pickles. My friends and I enjoyed these while watching the incredible football games yesterday!

View attachment 336928

PIMQ,

That looks stunning.

I see your cooking skills and style are very similar to someone who was on here previously. No, not BJB...

I still cook the turkey thingie with the cheese stuffing by the way.

Miss H

MissHybrid

Head Of Ministry Of Tarts And Tart Team Commander
Official Checked Star Member
yes Im told there are similarities. I would also like to point out that I too would love to devour that firm body and make you squeal like a schoolgirl repeatedly.

the meatloaf you mean? :)

is brisket something they make in London? if so get yourself one and give it a go! :)

...Squealing...

Yes the meatloaf, how on earth did you know?

Brisket is a cut of dead cow isn't it? Well it according to the info sheets MM-TPF sent me, so I presume it is available all over the uk, I guess it will be in London somewhere.

I will ask another popular poster on here... BJB-PIMQ..., is Brisket dead cow?

MH-PIMQ

Last edited: