• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lost

Vlad The Impaler

Power Slave
I consider myself an intelligent person. But I don't understand everything that happened either. And that's why I loved the show so much.

Big Poppa Pump

- My Name Is My Name -
ok so some, or most died on the island right?
sawyer and kate and miles and frank got back to the real world and lived out their lives there.
jack died.
hurley and ben stayed on the island and protected it for who knows how long until they died.
and they all wound up living in an alternate universe together at some point, i suppose after they were all dead.

have i got that right so far please?
I don't know what happened to desmond.
i also don't get what triggered the point of them finally "moving on".
if it was desmond's actions both on the island and in the alternate universe well that stuff happened while they all weren't dead yet, si i don't get that.

Yeah, I don't even think the writers know that. I saw this website that showed more holes in the story than swiss cheese. I realize some things were kinda dumb, like the polar bear! lol.
One thing that comes to mind is the way ben and hurley say "we will find a way for people to come and go to the island" but the dharma initiative and even the others were going back and forth to civilization all the time in seasons 1-5.

That said, it was a great story and i still love Lost! One of the best shows ever. :hatsoff:

I don't know what happened to desmond.
i also don't get what triggered the point of them finally "moving on".
if it was desmond's actions both on the island and in the alternate universe well that stuff happened while they all weren't dead yet, si i don't get that.

I'm assuming Hurley and Ben found a way for Desmond to get home and he eventually lived out his life.

Them all finding each other in the alternate universe (I pretty much call it a purgatory of sorts) and coming to the realization of their real life on the island was the trigger. i think.

The main complaint I had about the finale was that Sayid ended up with Shannon. Why? Nadia was the one he was really searching for and the one fake Locke promised to get him back to. Granted, Shannon was hot but Nadia wasn't a bad piece herself. Other than that, I loved the finale.

To those wondering why Eko didn't come back: It was because the actor playing him wanted double what they offered for him to come back so he was forgotten about. To be honest, loved Mr. Eko but the actor is a douchebag, but a pretty good actor though :rolleyes:

I think in the end of it all, he redeemed himself. He was one of the more complicated, interesting characters and I wish the actor wouldn't have left, Eko was suppose to be Locke's opposite up until the 5th season at least I heard

Well, Lost Season Six hits shelves on DVD and Blu-ray in about a month. Is anyone going to buy it?

I'm debating it myself. I'm not sure if I care to see the season again and whether the extras are really worth it- IMO the only thing that could be worth it.

It seems that the complete series package will contain bonus features that won't be on the season six stand-alone discs. So all the people that bought the stand alone versions of all six seasons instead of waiting for the box set wasted their money? Once again the fans are fucked over. :mad:

I am planning on buying just the stand alone Season Six Dvd set, not the the complete series collection. I already have all the others. It's funny how they pull stuff like this. If you want more answers that might be anwered in our bonus features, then buy our more expensive DVD complete series set. Freaking milkers lol.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
I have come up with one conclusion:
Basically, for hundreds of years, Jacob pulled people to the island so he could run them through a series of tests to see if they were "the one", basically killing probably thousands in that hunt - and making the last days/weeks/months of those people quite miserable. And, as a bonus, Jacob basically decides babies cannot be born on his island, killing mom and baby.

My conclusion: Jacob was a complete asshole.

As for Jacob, remember that everything we know about him comes from what he's said to Hurley and Jack and the two flashback sequences we saw of him. In other words there's a lot of information that is left out and I think that it is unknown exactly what his motivations are, or at least how they played out in the (unseen) history of the Island. There is even some case to be made for whether to believe that he was telling the truth about the things he said.

It is implied that there has been other "candidates" in the past, but it was never revealed what happened to them, other than the fact that they did not succeed at taking over for Jacob. Exactly what his relationship to the Others and the Dharma Initiative seems pretty unclear to me; IDK about everyone else.

I think that you can just add this to the long list of things that we'll never know about Lost. Even if they did just go through the check-list of answering each question in some way in the future, I don't think that it will be in any way satisfying since it was not actually worked into the unfolding storyline on the show.

For anyone that still cares, there supposedly will be a "new episode" (approximately 12 minutes) on the season six set showing Ben and Hurley as the Island caretakers.

The ending to Lost was a big disappointment.

After this season, I had planned on purchasing the entire DVD set. But after watching this last season, that will never happen.

Well they were only 'dead' in the Season 6 flashes, if that's what you meant..

Yeah, technically they were only dead into about the last three episodes of the series, other than Charlie, Boon and Shannon. And actually the flash-sideways take place after they are all dead, which would be a significant period past the final episode.

But I think that guy is just a troll that doesn't even watch Lost and someone just told him that.

The ending to Lost was a big disappointment.

After this season, I had planned on purchasing the entire DVD set. But after watching this last season, that will never happen.

Season six was pretty crappy and the sideways world is what it is; it really has no baring on the rest of the show and wouldn't have been that bad if they didn't make it the ending. I guess as time has gone by I am starting to be more OK with it.

I said that season four was the logical ending point, but for those that saw some merit in season five that works pretty well too to imagine that when Juliette detonated the bomb it did in fact undue everything back to the beginning, and forget that season six ever happened.

My final rating to Lost is a 9/10. Loved the show, loved the finale, loved (almost) all the characters. I will definitely buy the complete series box set even though I bought seasons 1-5 (i think a discount should be in order). Of course there were a few episodes I didn't like and at first I was starting to not like season 6 but when I watched it all the way through, it seemed a lot more fitting. Maybe when I feel like it, I'll go into a little more depth but I need to have a few more beers because right now I'm pissed because no one wanted to go out tonight and I have Saturday off!!

They better put the extra bonus scenes on the season 6 box set, OR ELSE THE CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

That would be a slap to the face to all the people who have been buying the seasons throughout the series and just don't want to fork over the price for the complete series.

They better put the extra bonus scenes on the season 6 box set, OR ELSE THE CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!

They will have the "bonus episode" on the Season Six DVD/blu-ray sets.

However, the Complete Series bundle contains, according to Amazon.com. "One full disc of never-before-seen content". Whatever that is...

ForumModeregulator

Believer In GregCentauro
the biggest problem I had with lost was when they decided to introduce us to Jacob and the MiB ... it just shouldn't have gone there, or at least the timing was way off.

the biggest problem I had with lost was when they decided to introduce us to Jacob and the MiB ... it just shouldn't have gone there, or at least the timing was way off.

They mentioned Jacob in season 3 and one could argue that MiB was introduced in the first episode as he was the smoke monster. But yeah, the fact that the whole series boiled down to Jacob vs MiB was introduced a little late. I really wish they made more of an argument as to why MiB was so evil and if he left, it'd be the end of the world. In human form he seemed like an alright guy and I could see why he wanted to leave

ForumModeregulator

Believer In GregCentauro
They mentioned Jacob in season 3 and one could argue that MiB was introduced in the first episode as he was the smoke monster. But yeah, the fact that the whole series boiled down to Jacob vs MiB was introduced a little late. I really wish they made more of an argument as to why MiB was so evil and if he left, it'd be the end of the world. In human form he seemed like an alright guy and I could see why he wanted to leave

But with all of the other concepts and storylines going on, this seemed to be the least entertaining. Dharma, Walt, time travel, all of that just ended up being pointless when these two took over the plot. I don’t give a rip if Jack gets resolution with his father and everyone ends up in bliss and carefree in the Kingdom of God. Fuck Jack.

I want to know:

why a Polar Bear could manifest itself out of Hurley’s comic book,
how Walt could direct a thrown knife with his thoughts, WHAT the light is and why it has to be guarded (and why it’s flimsily-guarded by what appeared to be man-made stonework), and why the smoke machine was curiously mechanical in the sounds it made. Most of all, I want to know why the hell was there a shark swimming around in season 2 with a Dharma Initiative Hydra Project logo imprinted on its tail!

And it ends with Jack dying from a pussy ass stab wound... and Sayid and Shannon???? wtf...