• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lost

Stupid Ending. I'm not going to waste any more of my time dissecting this show or it's ending. It's just grasping at straws for an explanation of something that really doesn't make any sense- a fitting summary of the entire series.

Although I hated the ending, I knew that it would be a cop out from the beginning, and so I wasn't sorely disappointed. Instead I'm going to break it down and fondly remember that out of 120 I only despised two or three episodes and disliked a handful. That's a pretty good record.

I'm going to stand by my claim after season 4, which is that if the next two seasons suck, I'll consider that the ending. And it works, because that is for me the logical conclusion: They get off the Island and find out that their lives aren't so great and they wish that they had stayed. The Island remains just a magical place and we don't really know why it is (and we still don't now), where these characters grew to know and love each other.

PS. Did anyone watch Jimmy Kimmel? They said that they were going to show alternate endings. was that just a parody for the show, or were they real? In that case, maybe they could have been better.

i watched kimmel. it was just a series of joke endings

roronoa3000

Banned
God Lord, Kate was sexy as Hell in that little black dress. It should be a sin to be that hot. Can't believe she got into Heaven wearing that.

Thanks Desmond!

did the dog die too?...since it laid down next to jack at the ending scene...
What he doesnt get and flashfowards/sideways/backwards/upsidedowns/rightsidesup cause he was a dog? HE survived a plane crash! or did he?

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
glad its finally over! The ending was garbage.

I guess "someone" on the net said that we would see Eko again. No credible sources there, just what I heard, for whatever it's worth.

For the record, "someone" is an asshole.

That's not a cover, I don't remember who it was that said that.

Also

I'm not going to waste any more of my time dissecting this show or it's ending

Fuck it.

If this was all some afterlife where they could meet up, then how come Desmond traveled there or otherwise knew about it during the present?

For that matter, why did a cut suddenly appear on Jack's neck in afterlife when MIB cut him on the Island, which happened before he was dead, meaning that it had already happened before anything in afterlife? WTF!

Others have puzzled about the absense of significant people from the Island like Rose and Bernard..but even more nonsensical is why insignificant people were there, like Ethan, Dogan, George Minkowski (dude from the Freightor), Keemy, Bakunin... why would anyone care about seeing them?

And why would Jack have a son in afterlife when he never had one in realty? Also why would Aaaron and Ji-Yeon be infants when presumably people knew them growing up (well at least Aaaron with Kate) Why would they be there at all? Is this after they were dead too?

Why did Elloise Hawking know that it wasn't real? Why would Christian know all of this stuff either? He never even met most of the people from the Island and really had nothing to do with them.

:eek:

There's two types of lost fans. One that doesn't give a fuck about the characters and only want answers, and everyone else who watched for the character journey. You can tell who was which after the finale.

and i was right. RE: Battlestar Galactica Finale.

Edit: And dammit i wish i was in purgatory with Kate in that dress....FUCK.

I don't know what some of you are talking about. I found the ending to be very satisfactory. This has definitely gone down as the greatest show ever for me

I'd really like to know where all the 'we love it for the character driven bits' has come from. Everyone i've ever spoken to about Lost has only ever really cared about the mysteries, how they would be resolved; who were the Dharma Initiative? The Others? Who built the Statue, the Temple? Why? etc, etc, etc...

Not one person i know ever really cared about the generic love triange between Kate, Jack and Sawyer. For most people i've spoken to that stuff got in the way of the truly interesting and puzzling aspects of the show.

So, did you tune in every week to see if Jack and Kate kissed? Or did you watch to see if anything actually ever got explained?

What annoyed me most about he finale wasnt the lack of explanation (although it was infuriating), what annoyed me is that I dont really believe that the writers ever really had the answers. I dont think they do know who built the statue, or the true nature of Jacob or MIB. What i dont think is fair is that they have piled mystery upon mystery, dangling the answers tantilisingly out of reach, with the knowledge that they would never reveal the answers.

The ending does not feel like the ending that was expected from the first 5 seasons. What we have been given is the ending to season six without much thought as to what came before it.

Anyone agree? Disagree? Think i'm a complete fool?

I'd really like to know where all the 'we love it for the character driven bits' has come from. Everyone i've ever spoken to about Lost has only ever really cared about the mysteries, how they would be resolved; who were the Dharma Initiative? The Others? Who built the Statue, the Temple? Why? etc, etc, etc...

Not one person i know ever really cared about the generic love triange between Kate, Jack and Sawyer. For most people i've spoken to that stuff got in the way of the truly interesting and puzzling aspects of the show.

So, did you tune in every week to see if Jack and Kate kissed? Or did you watch to see if anything actually ever got explained?

What annoyed me most about he finale wasnt the lack of explanation (although it was infuriating), what annoyed me is that I dont really believe that the writers ever really had the answers. I dont think they do know who built the statue, or the true nature of Jacob or MIB. What i dont think is fair is that they have piled mystery upon mystery, dangling the answers tantilisingly out of reach, with the knowledge that they would never reveal the answers.

The ending does not feel like the ending that was expected from the first 5 seasons. What we have been given is the ending to season six without much thought as to what came before it.

Anyone agree? Disagree? Think i'm a complete fool?

i agree...
i wish you guys could hear what RON from ron & Fez on xm satellite 202 said about LOST finale. he had some interesting ideas on what they did and/or didnt do. i just dont know where to direct anyone to find it from yesterday 5/24/10 show