• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I Love Hip Hop/Rap Music!

Can't forget Canibus, a rapper who's never really made it big, made some bad choices in terms of musical direction and beats, but a truly lyrical MC. Here's him taking out Eminem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMuDpffr_w0

HELL YEAH!!! Canibus lyrically burned shit down! That's another one of my favs..."Master Thesis" too.

I Been jammin to them D.J. Screw tapes, real talk!!!

Im on the Intro(Soul II Soul) to "Hurricane Duck" tape

Classic!!!

Hip hop is generally a lesser form of music. Simple repetitive beats with poetry attached doesnt say too much for the listener. No one who listens to classical will listen to hip hop or rap. Some rock is good like Tool.

I would'nt say that???? I listen to both, and I like both. Clude DeBussey, and Franz Schubert ( Love, love, love "Ava Maria." ) are my two favorite classical music folks... I do "not" like Ammadaeus, Bothoven, or Bock, I call them mainstream classical. They just seem to lame and the same.

Clude's music is just so wild, and over the top you gotta love it, (almost like a Emenim in hiphop), and Franz Schubert is smooth as silck, and detailed and precise like Rakim's style in rap, slow and smooth.

"Lesser form of music"?, I dont thing there is a such thing, that would depend on each individual artist, not a whole type, or style of music. I agree some artist in any music are worst than others. I think some of the best that ever did it are...Rakim, Slick Rick, Big Daddy Kane, 3rd. Base, EPMD, or KRS-1.

"Repetitive beats"? Nope, wrong on that one, more rythmatic.

Rock is sweet also, I like the Chilli Peppers, Heart, Pantera, The Black Crows, Led Zepplen, Prince (some of is music is rock, and everything else, he cannot be classified), The Donna's, Blonde, The Cars, etc..

Some people like all music, like me... I love sound! I would never, ever want to go def. I have said enough, and given enough attention to negativity. I will now go back to the OP's post. Sorry to get odd track, and falling into this but I hate being catigorized. And sorry for the mis-spellings. :wave2:

Hip hop is generally a lesser form of music. Simple repetitive beats with poetry attached doesnt say too much for the listener. No one who listens to classical will listen to hip hop or rap. Some rock is good like Tool.

Not sure how I missed this post but you're dead wrong, I listen to classical music, hip hop as well as many other styles of music.

Maybe if you listened to hip hop you'd realize that as with many other styles of music there the simple stuff and the more complex stuff.

I love how people always seek to assign a superiority or inferiority to things that are simply different who's appreciation is merely interpreted another way. The fact of the matter is, any form of art is only as good as it's ability to resonate with an audience.

Let's skip the "simple repetitive beats" part for a second...isn't there a high art market for deft poetry?

Not sure how I missed this post but you're dead wrong, I listen to classical music, hip hop as well as many other styles of music.

Maybe if you listened to hip hop you'd realize that as with many other styles of music there the simple stuff and the more complex stuff.

I love how people always seek to assign a superiority or inferiority to things that are simply different who's appreciation is merely interpreted another way. The fact of the matter is, any form of art is only as good as it's ability to resonate with an audience.

Let's skip the "simple repetitive beats" part for a second...isn't there a high art market for deft poetry?

That guy was a troll and was banned because of it. I wouldnt give his posts any of your time.

Ok, question????

Is Rakim's new CD ever going to come out? Seventh Seal, or something like that????

Big Poppa Pump

- My Name Is My Name -
I love hip-hop. Always will. My favorites (to name a few) are Nas, Rakim, Slick Rick, Biggie, 2pac, GZA, Deck and Ghostface from the clan as well as more mainstream artists like 50cent (mostly for Power of Dollar era, how to Rob, etc.) T.I. and JAY-Z.
Glad to hear people still talking about Canibus. I remember when I first heard Beast From the East and lost my mind hearing his lyrics. The things he rapped about were so deep that it made me mad when people dismissed him as just a "battle rapper"

I also love the Lox members too. I think Jadakiss and, more so, Styles P are so underrated.