• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I Love Hip Hop/Rap Music!

How did you guys feel about the Nas album, epecially the title change?

Whether it was named "******" or not, Nas realized how to stir attention using controvesial album titles. Great strategy, same as "Hip Hop is Dead"

Hip hop is generally a lesser form of music. Simple repetitive beats with poetry attached doesnt say too much for the listener. No one who listens to classical will listen to hip hop or rap. Some rock is good like Tool.

I've been getting into it, trying to avoid the poppy mainstream stuff though. I've listened to everything from Atmosphere to Immortal Technique to Talib Kweli

No pitbull is trash, we are talking about real lyricist in here. Talib be gettin slept on, "Eardrum" was ill

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Hip hop is generally a lesser form of music. Simple repetitive beats with poetry attached doesnt say too much for the listener. No one who listens to classical will listen to hip hop or rap. Some rock is good like Tool.

I would debate this load of balderdash you've posted, but since you're banned, I'll merely state that your observations are incorrect....

I like some rap artists:

Ice Cube, WC, Mack-10, Ice-T

There is many great releases for this winter, beginning with

Kanye West - 808's & Heartbreak
A new album totally done with the autotune (you know that thing T-Pain uses all the time), which will be more personal than his other works as Kanye said, a way to please himself. November 25th 2008.

50 Cent - Before I Self Destruct
Okay I'm expecting this to NOT be semi-garbage like Curtis and The Massacre, for those that liked Get Rich Or Die Tryin' , this should be the return of it. I'm saying that because Dr.Dre and Eminem has put alot of effort in the making of this album, this is going to be huge, 50 asked the masters for help. December 9th 2008.

Eminem - Relapse
The return of the Slim Shady, he's having a relapse, enough said.
December 23th 2008.

Dr. Dre - Detox
Peraphs the most awaited hip-hop album in history, Dr. Dre has been working on it since like 2003. He and his collabs have been making more than 400 songs (about 15-20 will make it to the retail version), he has been taking piano course, he's developping new production techniques (all the beats and rythms are done with live drums), there is going to be Snoop Dogg, Jay-z, Nas, Eminem, Ice Cube and more. I mean, these guys are the best rappers alive, all joined together in one album. This is going to be released in december 2008.

So yeah as you can see, this is the return of the Aftermath crew and this is probably going to be the best year in hip-hop since a long time as we can already add Snowgoons "Black Snow" , Immortal Technique's "The 3rd World", Heltah Skeltah's "D.I.R.T.", EMC's "The Show", The Cool Kids "The Bake Sale EP", Akrobatik's "Absolute Value" and Atmosphere's "When Life Gives You Lemon, You Paint That Shit Gold". All VERY GOOD albums I recommend.

Really lol, Kanye West ? Nah I don't think so, Eminem is by far the best rapper in the game (or alive if you make an exception with Rakim, which is not very active anyway). Anyway I'd say more like :

1. Eminem
2. Nas
3. Jay-Z
4. Lupe Fiasco
5. Kanye West
6. T.I.
7. André 3000
8. Aesop Rock
9. Talib Kweli
10. Common

I don't think I'm forgetting anyone...Except maybe AZ, one of the most under-rated and slept on artist ever, his lyrical skills equals Nas but he has no classic.