• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Game of Thrones

I don't think its going too far out on a limb to say this coming Sunday's episode will be the highest rated in the show's history if not the highest in cable tv history. The long awaited and hoped for Snowdown is here.

Arya cutting the candle was fn awesome!

I don't think its going too far out on a limb to say this coming Sunday's episode will be the highest rated in the show's history if not the highest in cable tv history. The long awaited and hoped for Snowdown is here.

Arya cutting the candle was fn awesome!

Episode 609 is called: 'The Battle of Bastards" and the preview sure looked like it's the battle for Winterfell.
The season finale is #6-10 "The Winds of Winter" so after six years it looks like winter has finally arrived.
I don't know how Arya can survive her stomach wounds, but many TV & movies ignore how serious and deadly they are without modern surgery so who knows. I think at least one more Stark will die before the big family reunion when the series ends.

freeones_regina

Administrator
I don't know how Arya can survive her stomach wounds, but many TV & movies ignore how serious and deadly they are without modern surgery so who knows. I think at least one more Stark will die before the big family reunion when the series ends.

Let it be Rickon then, he's been useless so far

Let it be Rickon then, he's been useless so far

^ yeah, that. Every time he's mentioned, I'm like who? Oh yeah, that kid, or someone.

If you could master Bran's warg powers and view any past event in that world what would it be? I've never read the books so I'm going strictly by the show.
I'd probably warg to Khal Drogo getting to know Daenerys for the first time then pause and rewind that warg several times before I was done. But that's just me.

It's been unsettlingly quiet on the Rickon front since we saw Ramsay receive him. Jon will be getting whatever's left of his little brother waved in his face across a battlefield.

^ yeah, that. Every time he's mentioned, I'm like who? Oh yeah, that kid, or someone.

If you could master Bran's warg powers and view any past event in that world what would it be? I've never read the books so I'm going strictly by the show.
I'd probably warg to Khal Drogo getting to know Daenerys for the first time then pause and rewind that warg several times before I was done. But that's just me.

Daenerys is likely to be a sister-in-law when the show ends in two years.

So what's the worst that can happen tonight during the Battle of the Bastards? That's what this show has done to me. I'm imagining how awful things could be, both how gruesome and how heart breaking.

I suppose J*n Sn*w could die. Again. I don't think it's likely. Again. But it could happen.

Sansa could die. It's more likely than J.S. dying, but I don't think it's probable, given how much the show has invested in her and her plot line.

I think Wun Wun is going down. Bye bye, Wun Wun.

A lot of people are anticipating some kind of game-changing arrival of Little Finger and the forces of the Vale, or for the Umbers or Karstarks to switch sides at the last minute. I don't think the latter is likely at all. If there is one thing the second half of this season has taught us, it's that most things are as they appear. The first half of the season had us gasping at major reveals every single week, but the last three episodes have been, well, dull. No surprises at all. I doubt anyone on Ramsey's side is switching. If Little Finger does show up, I think it will be to betray Sansa. Honestly, I'm skeptical Sansa was even writing to Little Finger an episode or so ago. But she probably was.

Rickon, I'm sorry to say, is probably going to die miserably. Although...if the show does have some major surprise in store for us, it could be that Rickon learns to warg into Ramsey's dogs and kills the bastard. Pun intended.

Bran's ominous line from the season preview, viz., "They have no idea what's going to happen," may well be the season cliff hanger. I think we'll catch up with Bran next week.

And while I'm on the subject of Bran, did it seem to anyone else that he and Mira are an item now? Granted, they've been through some harrowing adventures, so it wouldn't be surprising. It just seemed to me their physical affection a few weeks ago was more than two people trying to stay warm. Not that it matters. It's just an observation.

claydavis

Major Crimes? Shiiiit.
Poor Rickon never realized that if you run in serpentine pattern you have a greater probability of surviving.

Poor Rickon never realized that if you run in serpentine pattern you have a greater probability of surviving.

This is sad, and indicative of how cruel and gruesome I just expect Game of Thrones to be, but I was actually relieved by Rickon's death in that I was expecting Ramsay to set loose the dogs and he'd be ripped to pieces right in front of Jon and Sansa.

That episode (Battle of the Bastards) is the coolest thing I've ever seen on the small screen. Or even the big screen for that matter. The battle for Winterfell really portrayed the chaos and randomness of the brutality of that kind of fighting. Their commander being trampled under foot by his own men and nearly being crushed and suffocating to death beneath the dead and dying. And the Bolton heavy infantry unit and that impenetrable ring of shields and spears closing in. It reminds of how the Roman legions conquered the way they did back in the day - with cold-blooded military efficiency and discipline. And the Knights of the Vale riding in to the rescue (cliche maybe but I don't care). Then there was Dany and her dragons which would've been the highlight in any other episode but took a back seat. EPIC episode all around.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-stars-score-hefty-905288
'Game of Thrones' Stars Score Hefty Pay Raises for Season 8

I thought the last episode was very good but there were a few things that bothered me.
Where were the ditches Jon was going to have dug to prevent being out flanked which did happen?
Arrows can't change direction in mid air but people can, why didn't he zig zag?
Why didn't Sansa tell Jon that she asked for help from Knights of the Vale, why don't we hold off the battle a bit and send a rider to see if they are coming?
The death of Ramsey was satisfying but telegraphed a couple of episodes. When he feed his dogs his step mom & baby brother I knew he was going to die in the same way.

Why didn't Sansa tell Jon that she asked for help from Knights of the Vale, why don't we hold off the battle a bit and send a rider to see if they are coming?

That is the most legitimate criticism. And that expression on her face when the Knights of the Vale charged in. Maybe it was just me but it wasn't the sigh of relief that she just saved her half-brother, but it was a wry smile that her scheming paid off. Is there any doubt this Sansa vs. Jon thing is going to come to a head with one of them having to go? And so it continues.

The Night's King for the win. At least the dead don't fuck each other over.

And from what I remember, the ditches were for the Bolton cavalry to come to them. But Ramsay changed that whole plan with Rickon. As Sansa warned, Jon fell into his trap.