• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Final Fantasy XIII

Thinking of getting this. Anyone got it yet what is the battle system like? Seen trailer looked bloody hectic I hope it isnt too similiar to last remnant cause that game sucked balls.

Yeah, thats why I have been putting off getting this game. Unless the battle system and xp system is fixed back to the way it used to be with Final Fantasy 7 and under, I am not interested. I never cared for 8, 10, and 12.

Yeah, thats why I have been putting off getting this game. Unless the battle system and xp system is fixed back to the way it used to be with Final Fantasy 7 and under, I am not interested. I never cared for 8, 10, and 12.

Those are the one's that I loved!

Ultimately,all RPGs seem to have the same problem.By the time you get to the end,unless you spend a ridiculous amount of time leveling up your characters in meaningless battles,you will always have a few characters in your party that aren't leveled up as high as others.

I'm never concerned with FF's battle systems,my main concern is the effectiveness of the GF's(or whatever they are calling them in this game),because they were totally worthless in FFXII.

When I played 8, I made the mistake of leveling up all my characters to LV99 BEFORE realizing that the enemies average level was based off the YOUR party's average level, so I fucked myself and made the game a lot harder than it had to be... lol 8 was the only FF to do that that I'm aware of, I wonder why they tried that in 8? :dunno:

So far I've played a little over 6 hours of the game and I can say so far that I'm very disappointed.

The story seems to to be solid,just like all the other FF games that I've played,but Square Enix has totally fucked up the battle system and more or less dumbed down the entire game.

I'm not a fan of the fact that you can only control one character at a time,you can't seem to be able to switch party members when ever you want,and the fact that the character that you may control at a given time seems to constantly change.Along with all that,add to the fact that this seems to be a very linear game and you don't have the ability to free roam like the other FF games.

I think I'm going to try to put in about 20 hours,give or take a few,before I make my final decision whether or not to get rid of this game.So far,it's a fucking huge disappointment and I only pray the it gets better.

So far I've played a little over 6 hours of the game and I can say so far that I'm very disappointed.

The story seems to to be solid,just like all the other FF games that I've played,but Square Enix has totally fucked up the battle system and more or less dumbed down the entire game.

I'm not a fan of the fact that you can only control one character at a time,you can't seem to be able to switch party members when ever you want,and the fact that the character that you may control at a given time seems to constantly change.Along with all that,add to the fact that this seems to be a very linear game and you don't have the ability to free roam like the other FF games.

I think I'm going to try to put in about 20 hours,give or take a few,before I make my final decision whether or not to get rid of this game.So far,it's a fucking huge disappointment and I only pray the it gets better.

Gameplay and story really start to hit around 15-20 hours. Chapter 9 is about the time when you are able to make your party. Battle System actually keeps my interest in the game especially when you find the best combinations that work with each other. Haven't gotten there yet but from what I heard around chapter 10 or 11 is when you have some time to free roam and in some cases do some level grinding.

Gameplay and story really start to hit around 15-20 hours. Chapter 9 is about the time when you are able to make your party. Battle System actually keeps my interest in the game especially when you find the best combinations that work with each other. Haven't gotten there yet but from what I heard around chapter 10 or 11 is when you have some time to free roam and in some cases do some level grinding.

I'm ready to say fuck this game!

I've fought the first Eidolon,or whatever the fuck they are calling guardian forces now,and I can't beat the fucking bitch to save my life!

This shit is really starting to piss me the fuck off already!

^^^Those fights are arent straight up kill the baddies to win, it takes a certain way to defeat them. Its a bit confusing, I only just got my second summon (they will always be summons. no eidolon or GF or whatever.) Libra it a couple of times to get some help on what to do.

freeones_regina

Administrator
I'm ready to say fuck this game!

I've fought the first Eidolon,or whatever the fuck they are calling guardian forces now,and I can't beat the fucking bitch to save my life!

This shit is really starting to piss me the fuck off already!

It even says in the tutorial that fighting is not the only way to defeat them ;)
Use the Sentinel role for your character and just defend yourself sort to speak and then it will be done soon :D

I'm enjoying the game, don't get me wrong, but it's something of a crock to be in chapter 4 and still having tutorials pop up, and chapter 10 is where you can really start playing and branching out? Jeez. Seems like I just spent $60 to play a really long cut scene with a few chapters of fully playable material...

When I played 8, I made the mistake of leveling up all my characters to LV99 BEFORE realizing that the enemies average level was based off the YOUR party's average level, so I fucked myself and made the game a lot harder than it had to be... lol 8 was the only FF to do that that I'm aware of, I wonder why they tried that in 8? :dunno:

I lvled all my ppl to 100 on disc one and itg made the game easy lol. Well untill the randomness of the final boss. Oh yea bosses in that game only could raise to a certain lvl.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I just got the game todoay and I'm enjoying it. I read a lot of bad things about it but it's holding its own for the most part. Nowhere near the level of VIII, VI, or even X, but I think it is a really good return to form after the mistake that was XII.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
After playing XIII, it makes want a FF7 remake, more usual

L3ggy

I wouldn't be able to leave it-.- I'm a FF7 fanboy >_<

Im a fanboy of the whole series. I love them all lol. At the very least Id like to see a psp remake with graphics as good as Crisis Core or Dissidia. I know I can download 7 and 8 on the psn, but I have been looking for a visual update.

Speaking of Crisis Core, I have been wanting to play all the ff7 games in order.

L3ggy

You should do that

I keep screwing around on Crisis Core lol. Im at the end of the game and I do the same mission over and over cause I like to grind too much.