• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Final Fantasy XIII

The more I play it, the more I love it. And I don't think this is a game designed for you to rent for a day or two to really appreciate it. I'm at about the mid-way point of the story (at 38+ hours in) but, from what i understand, I'm not even close to the actual mid-way point of the game itself.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Where exactly are you?

^I have heard that the battle system isn't all that great at first but it seems to grow on people.

I fucking hated the battle system.It's too dumbed down for me.I hated pretty much everything about this game so much that I got rid of it for two other games,and to be honest,I completely forgot about it until now.

Where exactly are you?

Just starting Chapter 10, "The Fifth Ark".

There are only 13 chapters in the whole game, but it's pretty easy to guess that the remaining chapters are going to be extensive....not to mention the optional side-quests to do to help level up with out the monotony of going back and fighting the same monsters again and again and again...

Playing it right now, about 20 hours in. I'm liking it, and the more I play and the more I get into the characters individual stories the more I do want to see what happens next, but, I have to admit, it's definitely not living up to the hype.

Problems I have...

- yeah, can be a bit monotonous
- as much as I like the characters Snow and Sazh, I'm lukewarm to Hope and Vanille (very quirky character) and, sad to say, completely indifferent to Lightning, the main character.
- no idea who the main enemies/badguys are yet, so a bit worried that the game may fall short with setting up a really good villian (though, any FF game trying to match Sephiroth would have a major challenge at that!)
- very, almost too complicated/busy system for fighting, improving characters, improving weapons
- and (really guilty here) I have the guide/cheat book to go with it that I've had to refer to on too many an occasion because the battle system can be so complex, even this early in the game, that you could easily lose heart with a couple of the early on boss battles...or even the battles with the characters you eventually end up summoning.

All that said, I'm still going to finish it....can't remember a game I haven't...but, overall, dissappointing.

FF XII was way better...

....and they BETTER redo FFVII for the PS3 and really push the PS3 to the limit with it! Quick, start a petition!!!!

I hear ya, the game felt like it had one heck of a learning curve. My only other complaint was that i didn't see too much room for exploration it was mostly a point A to point B deal the whole way through. Once you get over all that though, I really like XIII.

I am a creature of habit so the overall change of the game threw me. I played through it and hated the final boss, he would spam that stupid instant death move, had to leave a sen. in my party the whole fight.

It is good enough to rent, or borrow and beat (like I did).

turtle825

Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker!
Teaser trailer for XIII-2

Apparently the sequel is slated for a 2011 winter release in Japan, followed by a release in North Amercia & Europe a few months afterwards.

I'm tired of Square making these stupid sequels! I wish they'd focus all their effort on making a good FF! It's been a while

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
They better fix the things that ruined XIII.

C

cindy CD/TV

Collecting gil to level up everyone's weapons. Killing adamantortoises for platinum ingots, but goddamn it's taking FOREVER. I have upwards of 8 million gil now. Wish there was a better, more efficient way of money grinding. :(