• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Final Fantasy VII

To me this was the last great Final Fantasy game they ever did. I know others will disagree but honestly the others that followed never really held my attention.

Hmmm... having played them all (For the record it's generally agreed upon that FFIII which may or may not actually be considered FFVI in some countries had the best storyline and character development of any FF game, anywho) I'm kind of surprised that nobody has brought up FFXII. I thought it was a rather wonderful comeback from the shambles that was FFX (And that dreadful spin-off) and FFXI.

In saying that, I had an old burned copy of FFVII for quite some time but then lost it long after I'd played the game to death. I still made a point to buy a mint condition copy when it rocked up in a collectors store a year or so back near me. That game is just win. I can't really pick a favourite when it comes down to it... I just know the ones that I didn't quite enjoy as much.

I reckon the basic rule should be IF Chrono Cross > FF Game in question THEN FF Game is fail ELSE FF Game is win ^_^

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
FFVII, RE1 & MGS1 the three greatest video games in history.

L3ggy

Chaos!

One thing I usually notice from these type of threads is that the people who say FF7 is the greatest game of all time usually don't list ANY games on consoles older than the original PlayStation. So what I'm implying is that they are younger than those of us who were playing the NES as kids. FF7 was probably their first game in the Final Fantasy series which is why they don't know any better lol. (FFX is also taking over as the new best FF game for those who have only played PS2)

Personally, I am a huge fan of the entire series. I've played them all and they are all truly awesome but my favorite would be FF3. I also really enjoy Tactics.
However, my favorite RPG of all time is actually Chrono Trigger. (I've played through it at least 10+ times)

Some of my other all time favorite games are:
pre-uor Ultima Online (I loved PK'ing and stealing)
Fallout 2
Doom
Action Quake 2
SOCOM
God of War
NBA Jam
Shadow Warrior
Super Mario Brothers 3

I could think of more but this will work for now

ff7 was no doubt a good game. best game ever? debatable. very debatable. im guessing no.....

The Paulinator

Spreading the seed
Of all the Final Fantasy games, I think VII had the best magic system, the most hidden and overt sub-games, and the limit breaks were pretty awesome. It was (and is) my favourite FF game, and easily in my top 5 of any game.

A very good investment for $20 too!

Final Fantasy VII was a great game though i do think i prefered the story and characters in VIII more though. I still play most of them but i can still remember playing VII for hours as it came with the ps and looked so great at the time.

i remember the first time i played FFVII and didnt want it to end :(. FFVII is a truly epic game, everything about it was amazing, and it was ahead of its time in the gaming era. All the FF's that have come after have been amazing too but there was always something about VII (VIII came pretty close, thats an awesome game in its own right.)

I seen a video not long ago of a FFVII remake on the ps3, it was just a cutscene (the starting cutscene where it shows you Midgar and then Cloud jumps off the train), it looked awesome, but im not sure if i would want a remake of it, maybe it would be better to leave that game as it is.

To end my rant, my list of epic games would have to be:

1: FFVII of course
2: Metal Gear Solid
3: Resident Evil 1 / 2
4: Call of Duty series (purely for the online entertainment)
5: Mario :D

The scope and epic nature of FF VII made it such a great game and the first time playing that there was nothing else like it around.

Definitely the best Final Fantasy game, comes close to being my favourite game but I think that honour has to go to sw: kotor

I think I just read on IGN that this game will be coming to PSN soon for download. I plan to download it from the Playstation store when it comes out.

L3ggy

It's already out on PSN.

true

ff7 is one of the best games ever produced.
what i liked the most about it is the scenario and the possibility of creating freakin combos of materias.
so much great memories

FF7 was epic when it came out, also because PlayStation was so cool when it came out too. It would've sucked if it came out in N64...

FFVII is definitely one of my favorite games, as for the best of all time? No, there are better games out there it's surely one of the best for it's time though. Although I do love the Chocobo breeding mini-game, I spent hours trying to perfect my birds.

[B][URL="https://www.freeones.com/ashlee-adams said:
Ashlee Adams[/URL][/B], post: 3044642, member: 288580"]The single best game of all time. :bowdown:

Hehehe who agrees with me?!

FF7 was incredible. But my personnal fav of all time would have to be FF2 on SNES. :D