• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

So final fantasy 7 remake is gonna be an action rpg. *sigh*

freeones_regina

Administrator
We'll expect a full review! :whip:

A review of a demo of an unfinished game that hasn't come out of a portion of of a remake of a game that originally came out 23 years ago.

I know one thing. If this whole Final Fantasy 7 remake stuff doesn't turn out well I'm blaming Adam.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
At this point I think we'd rather watch Adam get whipped by the Reginator. Because that would be consistent and entertaining.
FF7.. still up in the air. :)

In all seriousness I watched people play the demo on Twitch, and if they can iron out some stuff with the fighting mechanics (especially if they can actually have a viable challenging turn based mode) it looks like it will be pretty good. Even if they can't get a good turn based mode it...maybe...won't be the end of the world if they can do the other stuff good enough, and get the other games after this out in short order.

The demo did seem almost mindlessly easy to get through, although I would chalk a lot of that up to being the beginning of the game, and it being a demo, and maybe dumbing it down for major game site journalist. At least I sure hope that's the case, and it's not indicative of the whole game.

It seemed very linear. Then again so was the Midgar part of the original game. It does make me wonder what happens in future games when you get out of Midgar. Will it be open world? Will it have a world map? It would take a lot away from what people experienced in the original if you couldn't get out and explore.

I absolutely love what they have done with this game. From playing around with the battle system, they have the potential of having some of the most engaging fights out of all the final fantasy games. I can already foresee a huge level of strategy one would have to implement in future fights. I seriously cannot wait to explore more of this when it finally comes out.

I liked it, played it twice, once on normal mode and once on classic mode. I'm gonna play it again and then I might preorder because I enjoyed the hell out of it. I might even pop in the original game, watch Advent Children and listen to Voices of the Lifestream by OverClocked Remix while I wait for the Remake.

Got the game at midnight on the 10th and loving it so far. It’s not perfect but the battle system is great and fun.
The dialogue is good but definitely has moments of cringe.
Seeing a fleshed out expanded view of Midgar and its citizens is great!
I’m playing on Normal difficulty and after you get used to the battle system I can’t help but feel the game’s a little on the easy side.
My main gripe I think is going to be shared by other veterans of the original FF7. Every time I really enjoy this game I feel like I’m haunted by the knowledge that it’s not the whole story and we have to wait for the sequels. After getting to play this I totally understand why Square feels the need to do several releases. Just this part is 86gb, so to fit their vision of this remake on to one whole game would possibly be up to 300gb. Overall though it’s a great game and I hope we don’t have to wait to long for the next ones. (My guess is it’ll be two but at most three games)