• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Fans of wrestling thread

RIP this is a shame to hear

Dem boy! can't believe it! sad, sad news ☹️
The latest Briscoes match vs FTR was a epic match, we lost one of the best (tag team) wrestlers
I can't find words, I'm shocked! R.I.P Jay, you are already missed!

Anyone watched NXT yet? I enjoyed the debut of Tyler Bate.

Sol Ruca did a good win vs Alba Fyre and i think she be the female kofi kingston with her skills. The way Alba is going i think she and Isla Dawn will become a tag team and challenge for the tag team titles. I think them two as a team would gel very well.

Overall, alot of the women were showcased last night

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
It sure is difficult getting through RAW. I'm still trying as I type this. 3 hours is a marathon with tons of dead spots that tend to put me to sleep then I gotta find where to rewind back to then maybe try again tomorrow hopefully getting through the episode before Smackdown airs on Friday.

Sol Ruca did a good win vs Alba Fyre and i think she be the female kofi kingston with her skills. The way Alba is going i think she and Isla Dawn will become a tag team and challenge for the tag team titles. I think them two as a team would gel very well.

I like Sol's finisher but they need to work on the setup. Alba just stood there for a good second just watching her setup the move, which looks even worse in the slo-mo replay.

1674411206629.png

Not a fan of sleeperholds as finishers. I get that they want to associate her with Sgt Slaughter, but they should have developed a new move for her if they were going to give her time off like this.

In anticipation of Raw 30th coming this week, what matches are you looking forward to the most? I say for myself is Becky vs Bayley in the steel cage. Also do you think this be the time The Bloodline turn on Sami?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I will say Hulk Hogan was a total pro opening up the show. He didn't skip a beat during the bad microphones. He also didn't embarrass himself by outing himself on live national television again.

Nick Khan Reveals Why Vince McMahon Is Ready To Sell WWE, Option Of A Partial Sale
https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news...is-ready-to-sell-wwe-option-of-a-partial-sale

Nick Khan recently appeared as a guest on the Bill Simmons podcast to discuss a variety of topics, including Vince McMahon’s return to WWE, a potential sale of the company, and more.
The CEO of WWE revealed why McMahon wants to sell WWE in this day and age, and what options the reinstated Executive Chairman is considering.
On why Vince McMahon wants to sell now: “I think he’s ready. You know, I can’t describe it as anything more than that, after the last five months. And keep in mind again, you engaged in empire-building, you’re still engaged in empire-building. At a certain point, it’s like, ‘Okay, how much more of this empire am I gonna build?’ We continue to build it, he continued to build it until he stepped down five months or so ago.
This seems more reliable than the rumor mill that's been churning out BS for the past weeks.

It would explain why Steph "stepped down" so suddenly.
Assuming the podcast is legit, I don't think a CEO is allowed to lie about things like intentions to sell, as that could be seen as stock manipulation (I assume). So it does seem like there is some truth that WWE is up for sale.

Thoughts/Predictions on the Rumble?

People are saying that Cody winning is too predicable, but hey, if people like the result, it might not necessarily be a bad thing. I love surprises more than anyone, but with the injury and the whole returning to WWE angle, I'd be ok with this.
Also am I right in hearing that the Rock might be in it?

Would thought more matches be on the card but no. Terms of predictions i feel Rhea may win the womens rumble and something will have to give with the Sami and Bloodline storyline such as Roman turning on Sami

For the RR PPV, you're starting off with 2x 1hr+ matches, and assuming a men's championship match in there, you're already at a good 2.5 hrs. So I think it's usually the PPV with the least amount of matches. So 5 matches sounds about right.

I am curious about this "pitch black" match though. If it's just a street fight with the lights turned down, I don't know if that would go over well on TV.

For the RR PPV, you're starting off with 2x 1hr+ matches, and assuming a men's championship match in there, you're already at a good 2.5 hrs. So I think it's usually the PPV with the least amount of matches. So 5 matches sounds about right.

I am curious about this "pitch black" match though. If it's just a street fight with the lights turned down, I don't know if that would go over well on TV.
I think it just that no dq and fighting in the dark. I think La Knight wins cos the storyline with Bray and Howdy needs to develop

People are saying that Cody winning is too predicable, but hey, if people like the result, it might not necessarily be a bad thing.
When we were up to 29 & no Cody, I think we all knew where this was going. Even if it was obvious, I guess it can be good to just give what the fans want. Sometimes.

What was with that entranceway to the ring. I get that it might have worked for summerslam or other events, but for the rumble, where many competitors will sprint to the ring, it seems counter-intuitive. Poor Nikki just did a 200m dash before she even started.

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
What was with that entranceway to the ring. I get that it might have worked for summerslam or other events, but for the rumble, where many competitors will sprint to the ring, it seems counter-intuitive. Poor Nikki just did a 200m dash before she even started.
Yeah, it was too long. By the time Rollins got to the ring it was time for the next entrant!

Both Rumbles were ok and had their moments and the right people won. The Bray Wyatt match looked cool but was absolutely awful, just like all of Wyatt's matches. The Belair / Bliss match was alright but the main event? Holy shit, I don't think WWE have ever run an angle with long-term storytelling like this. Might be the best executed story I've ever seen in wrestling and there's still plenty more that can happen. Everyone played their parts perfectly.