• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Coronavirus

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
The pandemic is over. He solved the problem and will be taking a victory lap.

I haven't been keeping up but, have you guys gone for your 4th shot (aka 2nd booster)?

I found out I now qualify for one, but I'm also hearing news that they will be an "updated" vaccine in the fall (early as September). I'm assuming if we get our 4th shot now, we will have to wait months before we can get the "new" vaccine. Any thoughts?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I haven't been keeping up but, have you guys gone for your 4th shot (aka 2nd booster)?

I found out I now qualify for one, but I'm also hearing news that they will be an "updated" vaccine in the fall (early as September). I'm assuming if we get our 4th shot now, we will have to wait months before we can get the "new" vaccine. Any thoughts?

I think this vaccination program would be more effective getting a higher percentage of people vaccinated if Billy Mays were still alive. Injecting yourself with OxyClean is plenty good enough for chasing away the Chinese Flu anyhow. If only we could OxyClean away those Communist half-pint little pipsqueaks over there.

gmase

Errr… yip.
A lab in Wuhan caused it I thought. 🤷‍♂️

I got the 4th one shortly after it was available. If you haven't gotten the 4th one and haven't caught COVID, I'd keep doing what you're doing and get the update when it's available.

I got the 4th one shortly after it was available. If you haven't gotten the 4th one and haven't caught COVID, I'd keep doing what you're doing and get the update when it's available.
Sound advice. I guess I can hold out for a couple months if that's what it takes. If you guys hear about the updated vaccine, I hope you can let us know here.

DrakeM

Toronto catholic river wideners club member
I'm waiting on the updated shot that addresses the Omicron variant, I assume that's what y'all have been discussing above.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Pfizer asks FDA to authorize Covid booster shots that target omicron BA.5 for people ages 12 and older - Aug 22, 2022
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/22/pfi...on-bapoint5-for-people-ages-12-and-older.html

Robert R. Redfield
18th Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
In office: March 26, 2018 – January 20, 2021
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_R._Redfield

On January 8, 2020, Redfield was advised by the head of China's Center for Disease Control and Prevention that SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) was probably contagious among humans. Ahole Trump told Redfield not to warn the public.

On February 13, 2020, Redfield said that the "virus is probably with us beyond this season, beyond this year, and I think eventually the virus will find a foothold and we will get community-based transmission". This contrasted with statements by President Trump, who, erroneously, told the public through most of February that the virus was under control.

On July 14, 2020, Redfield warned that the winter of 2020–2021 would probably be "one of the most difficult times that we've experienced in American public health". He also said, "If we could get everybody to wear a mask right now, I really do think over the next four, six, eight weeks, we could bring this epidemic under control."
Trump, asked about Redfield's statements, said he opposed a mask law and said "masks cause problems too," but also said, "I think masks are good".

Ahole Trump didn't want to wear a mask because he didn't like how he looked in a mask, so he opposed mandatory or even voluntary mask wearing.

Last edited:

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Long COVID-19 symptoms: What are they and how long? - Aug 19, 2022

Paxlovid may help those with long COVID-19 - May 5, 2022

gmase

Sound advice. I guess I can hold out for a couple months if that's what it takes. If you guys hear about the updated vaccine, I hope you can let us know here.
I got one last Friday. Other than having to hang out in a CVS, it was fine.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I still see people double-masked while driving solo in their cars.

beKGc0Q.gif

I still see people double-masked while driving solo in their cars.

To be fair, I'm just too lazy to take my mask on & off every time I get into the car. It's not like you can't breathe with it on.

I still remember how people use to rip off their masks as soon as they got outside, like:

Fucking drama queens...

Looks like the Bivalent (updated) vaccine supplies are going fine. It doesn't look like people are in a rush to get it, so I don't think those who want one are going to have any trouble (until the next wave comes).

Here's a study of the vaccine (although it was funded by Moderna, so take it with a grain of salt)
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2208343

CONCLUSIONS
The bivalent omicron-containing vaccine mRNA-1273.214 elicited neutralizing antibody responses against omicron that were superior to those with mRNA-1273, without evident safety concerns.

gmase

Trump said it was going to be over before it even started. Remember when he said 5 would go to zero? Those were the day. :ROFLMAO:

I declare flu season to be over.

Trump said it was going to be over before it even started. Remember when he said 5 would go to zero? Those were the day. :ROFLMAO:

I declare flu season to be over.
I posted it in the politics forum, but the dumbassery of all of this is that joe is using the lack of people wearing masks and the holding of large events like the auto show as evidence the pandemic is over. By that logic, all those trump rallies full of non-maskers would be evidence that the pandemic was over in 2020....

gmase

I posted it in the politics forum, but the dumbassery of all of this is that joe is using the lack of people wearing masks and the holding of large events like the auto show as evidence the pandemic is over. By that logic, all those trump rallies full of non-maskers would be evidence that the pandemic was over in 2020....
Correct. Not good logic from Joe there.

I know COVID is fake because I have never gotten it.