• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Coronavirus

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Last edited:
Do you guys feel that people in your area/city/community have "gotten over" the pandemic? As in, they really act like it's over, or just don't care?

I'm usually one of the few people still wearing a mask. Many places don't have free sanitizer. Booster clinics are being shut down because almost no one is using them.
Social distancing is non-existent to the point where I will start a fake cough spasm just to get people who are breathing down my neck in a line.

If the fall "wave" becomes a reality, it's going to be a perfect storm.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Most people here don't wear masks, maybe 1/3 of us still do. Most places still have sanitizer at the door, most people still social distance waiting in lines, most bank and store counters still have the plastic barriers, but other than that people act like things are back to normal.
Most people are vaccinated or were infected, so if there is a major wave in the fall, way less people will get seriously sick or need to be hospitalized, it won't be as bad as the 2020 or 2021 fall waves.

Yeah, it's probably too much work to take down the barriers, and there's no determinant to keep them up, so I bet they're here to stay.

I read that the new Omicron variant doesn't care if you're a prior customer - it affects you all the same. And vaccinations wane after about 6 months, so for those who were fully vaccinated/boosted in the winter, the fall wave has the potential to be pretty bad.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Do you guys feel that people in your area/city/community have "gotten over" the pandemic? As in, they really act like it's over, or just don't care?
After going through two airports earlier this month, it seems the public has gotten over the pandemic. I would estimate masking at 10-15% in both the terminals and plane.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Whatever that stuff people rub on their hands (Sanitary Solution?); I'm still on my first bottle from 2 years ago. Instead I went old school and wrapped myself in aluminum foil and duct tape.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Two years? Are you just sipping the solution? You’re supposed to drink 8 oz at a time.

• Haha
Reactions: sj1

Luxman

#TRE45ON

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Biden 'feels great' while recovering from COVID - Jul 25, 2022

Covid is still mutating and spreading, but since most people have been vaccinated or infected any new covid waves should be less dangerous.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
COVID-19 infections rise among children l ABCNL - Jul 26, 2022

Biden’s COVID Symptoms Said To Be ‘Almost Completely Resolved’ - Jul 26, 2022

Even a broken corpse can test positive twice a month...

Biden tests positive for COVID-19, returns to isolation
https://www.yahoo.com/news/biden-tests-positive-covid-19-185019908.html
main-qimg-ae67df39dc43d03ee139ed01daaf0395

My hypochondriac, little furry Jewish hedgehog of a tenant who is constantly triple masked-up and double-boostered on just got the COVID. I did a check on him using mail delivery as an excuse when he told me. I pretty much threw the mail at him and bolted wishing him well as I fled.

People don't act like it, but the virus is still racking up its death count. My city is still averaging over 10-20 deaths per day on a good week.

Last edited:
People where I work are starting to come down with it again all over the place. The collective reaction to that from the people in charge might as well be the shrug emoji.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
It's usually sunny here, so most people don't wear masks indoors anymore, and social distancing is rare to see now.

Health officials announce changes to COVID, monkeypox responses - Aug 11, 2022