• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Coronavirus

Well .. if Gore carried his own State (!!) - Tennessee, Florida wouldn't have even been an issue.. But, yeah, I think the US spent trillions of dollars on the war with Iraq and Afghanistan. Imagine what that money could have done for: energy (renewables); infrastructure (EV charging networks); etc.

It has been moving over the past couple decades, but the lead foot has been on the accelerator recently. (From 2014: https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/2014/06/12/political-polarization-in-the-american-public/)

For me personally, I felt the shift after the 2008 election with the rise of the Tea Party movement.
I know thinking of this reminds me of how old I've gotten, but I could have already seen a change start to accelerate back when Newt Gingrich ran the House. Of course that is also the time entities like Fox News and Rush Limbaugh started to come about in more force. It was also around the time Republicans figured out they could carry a lot of races tailoring there stuff to evangelicals and the most hard core pro-gun people, sometimes exclusively. It still wasn't as bad though, because more people in office at least still pretended like they cared about their constituents and the institutions of the government even if they secretly didn't anymore. They might have at least somewhat punished people in their own party that did bad things (and got caught). They also only gave some lip service to conspiracy theorist back then instead of diving in face first to appease them like they do now.

I wasn't old enough to understand fully at the time, and it's more in an economical sense, but even before that there was polarization that Reagan brought about with Trickle Down Economics.

Luxman

#TRE45ON

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
My four year old grandson was infected at preschool last week and was pretty sick(103 F) fever and listless. My daughter and her husband took him to the ER and he was there a few hours. Went home and then took about a week of slow progress and now he seems ok. In the meantime his Momma and Dad(both three vaxxed) got sick enough that neither has been to work for all this week. Son in law has headache and fever and daughter the same but not as bad. Both just starting to feel a little better. That shit is still out there no matter what the deniers say. Wife and I both got shot four Saturday. Mild discomfort from shot much better than fitting at casket store.

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
My four year old grandson was infected at preschool last week and was pretty sick(103 F) fever and listless. My daughter and her husband took him to the ER and he was there a few hours. Went home and then took about a week of slow progress and now he seems ok. In the meantime his Momma and Dad(both three vaxxed) got sick enough that neither has been to work for all this week. Son in law has headache and fever and daughter the same but not as bad. Both just starting to feel a little better. That shit is still out there no matter what the deniers say. Wife and I both got shot four Saturday. Mild discomfort from shot much better than fitting at casket store.
Glad to hear the family is mending. Thanks for sharing a cautionary note about our need to be diligent.

gmase

Eric Clapton joins the club. Wonder how it compares to a NSU.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Covid will most likely be an endemic disease like the flu, the elderly and high-risk people will have to get a flu-covid vaccine shot every year.
Every year worldwide about 200,000 to 700,000 people die from the flu.
Covid deaths will probably be the same and should decrease for the next few years until everyone on earth has been infected with covid...

Covid-19: Endemic Stage Explained - May 9, 2022

Last edited:
Covid will most likely be an endemic disease like the flu, the elderly and high-risk people will have to get a flu-covid vaccine shot every year.
Every year worldwide about 200,000 to 700,000 people die from the flu.
Covid deaths will probably be the same and should decrease for the next few years until everyone on earth has been infected with covid...

Covid-19: Endemic Stage Explained - May 9, 2022
I have no problem getting the flu shot since there's no reaction. It would be nice if they could come up with a similar vaccine for covid where it doesn't take you out of commission for the day.

I wonder what the danger is for more deadly mutations for covid. Even the most diligent might not be too keen on getting a yearly booster, and if we accept covid as a part of daily life and let it run rampant, doesn't the chance of such a mutation rise with it? After all, we've gone through half of the alphabet in just a couple years.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Last edited:
1656335952887.png

It's hard to believe that there are no new cases or a single new death in these countries - so I guess they've just stopped keeping count?

Luxman

#TRE45ON
It's hard to believe that there are no new cases or a single new death in these countries - so I guess they've just stopped keeping count?
The numbers are updated at about 8pm EST.
Click on 'Yesterday' or '2 Days ago' above the table for those daily estimates.
These numbers are the confirmed cases only, there are many more that are unreported or the local governments don't publicize the numbers to protect corporate profits.

Last edited:
The numbers are updated at about 8pm EST.
Click on 'Yesterday' or '2 Days ago' above the table for those daily estimates.
These numbers are the confirmed cases only, there are many more that are unreported or the local governments don't publicize the numbers to protect corporate profits.
Thanks for the clarification. But even going by 2 days ago, 132 out of 230 Countries seemed to have stop keeping count - including a lot of notable ones....

1656353245479.png

I remember when we had hourly counts for all countries at one point. Now it really does feel like many don't care (or don't want to know).

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Where I live they recently lifted the mask mandates, so most people don't wear masks anymore.
Some of us still wear masks inside stores and other indoor public places.
I rarely went to restaurants before the pandemic, and don't plan on going again for at least another year.

gmase

Where I live they recently lifted the mask mandates, so most people don't wear masks anymore.
Some of us still wear masks inside stores and other indoor public places.
I rarely went to restaurants before the pandemic, and don't plan on going again for at least another year.
The same happened in my county as well. There has been an uptick in masking over the last two weeks. We are rarely the only ones now. I probably wouldn’t wear one, but I get peer pressure with positive benefits. :)

The same happened in my county as well. There has been an uptick in masking over the last two weeks. We are rarely the only ones now. I probably wouldn’t wear one, but I get peer pressure with positive benefits. :)
My area dropped masking mandates months ago, and I'd say far less than half still wear masks. Probably a quarter?
I still wear mine. I still like feeling like a ninja/assassin, and I know that there is still a pandemic going on, even if the government & most people like to pretend that its over.

While it sucks that people are no longer masking, I am happy that I'm not harassed for continually wearing mine.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
My area dropped masking mandates months ago, and I'd say far less than half still wear masks. Probably a quarter?
I still wear mine. I still like feeling like a ninja/assassin, and I know that there is still a pandemic going on, even if the government & most people like to pretend that its over.

While it sucks that people are no longer masking, I am happy that I'm not harassed for continually wearing mine.

This is cot dam hilarious. God Bless James E Cornette. Check the dude that runs Hulk Hogan's Beach Shop.