• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Coronavirus

Fauci's grim prediction comes true: 100,000+ cases in a day in the US..

https://www.boston.com/uncategorize...ingle-day-record-u-s-enters-new-virus-terrain

"The total count of new infections was at least 107,000, according to a New York Times database. Twenty-three states have recorded more cases in the past week than in any other seven-day stretch. Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the country’s top infectious disease expert, predicted in June, when new cases were averaging roughly 42,000 a day, that the rate would eventually reach 100,000 a day if the pandemic were not brought under control. His blunt assessments of the country’s failure to control the virus drew attacks from Trump administration officials, including the president, who called him alarmist."

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Fauci's grim prediction comes true: 100,000+ cases in a day in the US..

https://www.boston.com/uncategorize...ingle-day-record-u-s-enters-new-virus-terrain

"The total count of new infections was at least 107,000, according to a New York Times database. Twenty-three states have recorded more cases in the past week than in any other seven-day stretch. Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the country’s top infectious disease expert, predicted in June, when new cases were averaging roughly 42,000 a day, that the rate would eventually reach 100,000 a day if the pandemic were not brought under control. His blunt assessments of the country’s failure to control the virus drew attacks from Trump administration officials, including the president, who called him alarmist."
Sadly, he may be fired for telling such truths.

georges

Staff member
For us in France, lockdown with only going out for the first necessary purchases such as food or medicine, otherwise stay at home.

gmase

For us in France, lockdown with only going out for the first necessary purchases such as food or medicine, otherwise stay at home.
Hopefully you are stocked up on what you need. Good luck.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Nov. 6 - 132,541 infected - 1,244 deaths
Nov. 7 - 124,391 infected - 1,031 deaths
Over 10 million total infected, and 243,257 deaths, in the past 10 months.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

The infected and deaths aren't even close to reaching the peak, because the Trump loving idiots still refuse to wear masks.
It's sad that so many people lost their jobs, but most people don't go to restaurants, mainly because they can't afford to, and most people know restaurant food is very often crap.
Other than the lost service jobs, it would be only a minor inconvenience if most sit-in restaurants are replaced by take-out and delivery only shops.
The only major impact would be that corporations couldn't deduct on their taxes billions of dollars of "business expenses" from meetings at restaurants. :( 🥐

"Around 60 percent of new restaurants fail within the first year. And nearly 80 percent shutter before their fifth anniversary."
https://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/20/heres-the-real-reason-why-most-restaurants-fail.html

gmase

gmase, regarding Pfizer news: yup. The DJIA is knocking on 30,000; up 1,000+ on the news!
Indeed.

The timing of it is precious. I am in 'the sooner the better' camp. But, we know, some people are going to see this as part of a certain conspiracy against a certain personality.

Luxman

#TRE45ON
Even if a 99% effective vaccine was created today, it would still take at least 1-2 years for everyone to get it, some people may also become infected and get sick from the vaccine.
What would happen with people who refuse to get vaccinated? These people will eventually get the virus and hopefully become immune, but about 3% of them will die.
There is also the possibility that the virus mutates and becomes more deadly or hopefully mutates and becomes harmless.
Only time will tell. :(

I don't even want to think about the potential colossal mess that will be deciding who will get a vaccine in what order and when. I would have hoped that most things like that would have been ironed out a long time ago by qualified knowledgeable people, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

gmase

I don't even want to think about the potential colossal mess that will be deciding who will get a vaccine in what order and when. I would have hoped that most things like that would have been ironed out a long time ago by qualified knowledgeable people, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
I would imagine healthcare and other frontline workers would be first. Next up the elderly and other high risk groups. Then the remaining population.

It could be determined by lottery. Or, Trump supporters go to the back of the line since it is hoax anyway. :)

"I would imagine healthcare and other front-line workers would be first. Next up the elderly and other high risk groups. Then the remaining population. "

^

You are correct!!

I would imagine healthcare and other frontline workers would be first. Next up the elderly and other high risk groups. Then the remaining population.

I agree, but that all assumes they do things logically and use common sense. I have no trust that's going to be the case. I wonder how many rich people or famous people get sneaked a vaccine before they could normally get one.