• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

COD: Black Ops Thread

Hub's playing it right now... not my thing, but maybe one of these days I'll learn how to play. ;)

We went yesterday afternoon to pick it up. Walked into GameStop and asked the kid behind the counter for the game. He says "Did you have a preorder?"
Us: "No."
Kid: "Are you sure?"
Us: "Yes, we're sure."
Kid: "What's your phone number, so I can check the system just to make sure?"
Us: *puzzled*

Wouldn't we know if we placed a preorder for the game??
Anyway, in and out of GameStop in about 3.5 minutes. After the kid stopped being an idiot and sold us the game. ;)

haha the same thing happened to me when I went to gamestop to buy black ops. The guy kept on insisting that I pre-ordered the game when I didn't. Those people that work there probably all think the same when working

I just completed Black Ops after a total of 6 hours playing it. I thought the game was sweet and I'm going to replay it many times to get all of the trophies that I missed.

Once you complete the game, you are given an extra level, much like Modern Warfare 2 (the thing in that where they have the characters from the game and all the guns) with zombies at the White House. I haven't started it yet (its been on the pause screen ever since Round 1 started) and I hope there is a way to go back to it.

Overall I will give Call of Duty: Black Ops 10/10 it may be game of the year in my opinion.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't taken off.

How do ya'll like the points system to buy scopes and shit? Favourite map? Have you even bothered with the customizable reticules, clan tags and all that pointless shit? Let's talk about the game!

Got it on friday, liked the graphics on MW2 better, but I'm still having lots of fun. Finished the campaign just this morning (sunday) since I mostly played multiplayer yesterday.

Plus I just loved that ad with the Stones' "Give me shelter", with Kobe as a noob tuber, Jimmy Kimmel with the RPG, and Ron Jeremy as an ice cream man! :thumbsup:

i think the points system is pretty cool becuase if gives you something to work for (aka being good in game and earning points) rather then just leveling and getting everything

favorite map has to be summit (as of now) with jungle being a close second

yes i have the green "predator" symbol on my enfield class its absolutely awesome

my clan tag is SMD haha

and the playercard is a bunch of soviet stars slightly turned and different colors its awesome

I'm not a big online guy but I borrowed it Friday from my boss and had it beat in about 7 hours.
I thought it was good but I'm not a die hard shooter video game guy.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I think the characters are pretty cool. I also think its cool that great actors gave the voice overs.

The main guy Mason sounds like he is voiced by Sam Worthington. Is that the reason why there is an avatar suit possibilty?

Gary Oldman sounds like he does the voice for Reznov.

Ed Harris sounds like he does the voice for Hudson. The character model even looks like him.

Your correct on all those names. Ice Cube also voices Bowman.

Why not turn it down to just hardened then? Seems a bit silly to keep trying on vet if it's pissing you off that much :dunno:

I did and still got irritated. Wouldn't have been so bad if the graphics where top notch, but they weren't so I couldn't get into the campaign. I was bored with it early on so I turned it to regular just to blow through it.

The online is pretty cool though! I can't wait to actually unlock some good shit! Thought the RPK LMG is pretty fuckin nice as it is.

I've enjoyed what I've been able to play so far. That is...when I'm not getting kicked off the Call Of Duty servers. WTF??

I've enjoyed what I've been able to play so far. That is...when I'm not getting kicked off the Call Of Duty servers. WTF??

Supposedly that'll be patched tomorrow at around 3 PM EST.

Supposedly that'll be patched tomorrow at around 3 PM EST.

Well I haven't been kicked off in a while. You were right. You usually are about this stuff.

I'm digging the game. I still get some rage when I unload a clip into a guy and he knifes me down, but it's still a fun game. NukeTown is probably my favourite map. I usually hate small maps like High Rise, Rust or Dome, but this one is fun. I don't like having to buy something once it is unlocked though. :mad:

STDiva I will agree about Nuketown being a great level. I like the manikens (spelling) and I like slicing them down. Usually after I beat a game, I really don't see a point in playing it again. With Black Ops its something different. I want to replay it because I missed some of the trophies, but also because it is so good of a game. Tonight, I'm going to start replaying it on Hard to get the trophies for that difficulty as well as getting the trophies that I missed. The earliest trophy I missed was on the prison level, where you can only use three molotovs to bring those barriers down. The first time i did it I only used 4.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
someone told me the graphics look worse since I'm playing on a PS3 now instead of the 360 like I did with MW2. There any truth to this? I've heard that microsoft has paid some companies to dumb down the graphics a notch for the PS3 versions of games.

someone told me the graphics look worse since I'm playing on a PS3 now instead of the 360 like I did with MW2. There any truth to this? I've heard that microsoft has paid some companies to dumb down the graphics a notch for the PS3 versions of games.

I would think that the PS3 version of the game would look a lot better because of the HDMI capability as opposed to the HD capability of the XBOX 360. I truly do not know however because I only have the game for the PS3, and the graphics for the PS3 version look amazing.

I love the game, however the only things I'm bothered by are the remote control cars and how you spawn too close to enemies.
I only play hardcore, getting to level 19 was painful.
I love the clan tags on the guns and buying stuff rather than earning it.
MW2 will not be forgotten though.

well i finally bought it today, and played the campaign straight through. just finished actually. i gotta say, it was pretty fuckin cool. way better campaign than MW2 IMO. the plot line was cool, the characters were interesting, and the graphics were damn good. i have no idea what people were talking about when they say they werent up to par, or looked like it was a PS2 game or something.

only problem is, when i went into multiplayer after finishing the game i cant connect to PSN?!?! it had me download a patch (im assuming thats what it was), then when its done im signed out and cant reconnect. weird thing is that the internet is connect, and the isp works, just wont let me connect. aggravating indeed, but ill wait till tomorrow to start kicking ass.

my PSN is domshooter89 if anyone cares, hit me up if you want. i dont have a headset though, so itll be a simple "oh hey im playing with domshooter, wonder what hes saying right now" thing

From the few comparisons I've seen, the 360 version does have a slight edge, but for the most part, it's pretty even. I don't really buy the conspiracy theory, as it's more likely that if the 360 version does indeed feature better graphics, it's most likely due to the fact that the 360 has a bigger audience, thus a bigger need to "show up". Not terribly likely, but alas, some explanation. For my money though, it's a wash.

Finally got to play multiplayer last night. Reminded me how noob I was on modern warfare 2 and how the streak continues lol. My psn is Vosslier btw.

I picked it up recently. I tried to like it, I really did, but CoD4 and MW2 are better, IMO.

Of course I'm only talking about the multiplayer. I haven't touched the single player yet, but I hear it's pretty good. So I'll give that a try one of these days.