• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

COD: Black Ops Thread

can you use an extended mag and a grip? I'm only interested for the m60. I have a grip now, not sure if I wanna bother buying the warlord perk if it won't work with that set up. I use hardline mostly for the first perk.

Has anyone seen the mini gun yet? I ran into it the other day online. Some guy got the final killcam with the thing. I'm not talking about the one you use when your chopper gunner. This guy was walking around with the thing? Is it a glitch or some kind?

That mini-gun can only be obtained through care packages I believe. It's devastating.

And Warlord is the exact same as Bling, but it doesn't let you use a second attachment if you're using a Noob Tube, flame thrower or shotgun. Thank God.

I seriously hate the term "noob tuber". Everyone uses them, or has used them, but then it was suddenly uncool. It seems that every smart tactic gets condemned sooner or later.

Laying low instead of running around like a damn chicken... "Camper!" Learning the spawns so you know where people will be coming from... "Spawn killer!" Using a grenade launcher... "Noob tuber! You sux dik! LoLz!!!1! I pwn3d u!1!!1"

Yes, you certainly do, in fact, own me.

Soon there will be a demeaning term for using claymores and grenades. "Fraggots" maybe?

I seriously hate the term "noob tuber". Everyone uses them, or has used them, but then it was suddenly uncool. It seems that every smart tactic gets condemned sooner or later.

Laying low instead of running around like a damn chicken... "Camper!" Learning the spawns so you know where people will be coming from... "Spawn killer!" Using a grenade launcher... "Noob tuber! You sux dik! LoLz!!!1! I pwn3d u!1!!1"

Soon there will be a demeaning term for using claymores and grenades. "Fraggots" maybe?

When people use them as their primary weapon, they're basically saying "I'm too shit to aim at you and shoot you with my gun, so I'll shoot this grenade no where near you and kill you anyway." When someone is cornering themselves in a room, use the launcher. That's cool. If a team is all bunched together in one spot, make them pay. But if two opposing players are in an open area, don't use it. That's a bitch move.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
And Warlord is the exact same as Bling, but it doesn't let you use a second attachment if you're using a Noob Tube, flame thrower or shotgun. Thank God.

I've found you can't use the rapid fire attachment with a grip on a smg or was it rapid fire with extended mag. Either way its fuckin retarded.

If someone fires a noob tube into a room through a window to kill me when I'm in the room, then fine. But when I'm out in the open and I get hit with one, that shit pisses me off. When people sit in a corner and wait to kill you, when you go back by they are still in the exact same spot, they're a fuckin camper!

I don't camp, I've tried it but I don't have the patience for that shit. I move all the time, but I move slow. Yesterday I got called a camper. Some guy was shooting at me, I turned the corner and ran up some stairs. Turned another corner and waited for the guy to come into the room and lit his ass up! He started crying and shit. How the fuck am I a camper? You just followed me up the fuckin stairs!

(I'm not trying to argue, I'm just venting.)

You both say "it's fine when..." but how can you tell how another person is using it? It seems that every time that grenade launcher icon appears someone shouts "noob tuber!" What if I just blew away a sniper through a window, then I see you out in the open, but my grenade launcher is still equipped? I'm going to blow your ass up with what's good and ready. How can you judge me for that?

Face it, people just like to bitch and whine because they died. The launcher only gets two shots and it does not guarantee an instant kill. It's just as effective and ineffective as any other weapon or piece of equipment. And when you play hardcore, like I do, you have to be careful with it.

I play how I play, and I'm pretty successful. Not the best, but often in the top 3. So I don't appreciate being called a "noob" because I beat you. I killed you, it happens. That's how the game is played. Suck your mommy's tit and deal with it.

(Again, just venting. I use "you" in the general/anybody sense. I also play Headquarters, so camping doesn't actually work.)

Edit: Does anyone here play on Xbox Live?

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I play hardcore free-for-all and domination. That's the only 2 game types I play. I love free-for-all cause I seem to do better on my own. Also helps that your really only gonna run into one other person at a time. If there's more than one person, then its a really fun shootout. I've had a few run ins with 3 or 4 guys at the same time. Chaos ensues and only one walks away! But I can manage to be in the top 3 most of the time on that.

Domination is cool, I enjoy the objectives in that and the ability to instantly repsawn unlike search and destroy. For some reason, I'm just good at it. Again top 3 mostly. Once in awhile I'm highest score on both teams with is just fuckin awesome! But camping can work in domination. At least I expect it there and accept it. You gotta guard the flags. Go ahead and camp em.

I love Sabotage, its one of my favorite gameplays, I cant camp, I just get too bored and rush all the time, you guys should check out Chris Smoove on YouTube, here is a video of him... hes boss.

Spleen

Banned?
I love Sabotage, its one of my favorite gameplays, I cant camp, I just get too bored and rush all the time, you guys should check out Chris Smoove on YouTube, here is a video of him... hes boss.

He's nothing special at the game, but his voice is pretty cool.

i personally like to watch hutch and/or seananners on youtube. theyre really fuckin good at the game, and funny as hell too

I might have posted this before, or someone might have beaten me to it, but has anyone found the easter eggs of the game?

To gain more achievements/trophies, hit start after the main menu, and look down when you are in the chair. Break free by rapidly alternate pressing R2 and L2 (I have the PS3 version) and go over to the computer, you have to hold Square to use it. For the 360 version, I'm guessing you have to alternate rapidly press RT and LT, and then hold X on the controller when at the computer.

Now, there are many different things you can type into the computer, but so far I have only typed in two, because one of the things you can type makes it so you can't get any more trophies or achievements.

Type in zork, which will give you a trophy/achievement and you can play a text based game on the computer. Then type in DOA, which is dead ops arcade, this will give you a trophy/achievement and it will let you play a 32 bit zombie game much in the likes of Zombie Apocalypse.

I have to admit I have played the combat training more than the actual multiplayer online. However, the last time I played online I went 15-8 and I leveled up 3 spots. This is amazing for me as in Modern Warfare 2 I usually could only get 10 kills a match, but in Modern Warfare 1 I usually got 25-30 kills a match.

Me. Well, I play on hubby's account. I still suck at this game, btw.
I need something with training levels to teach me how to shoot and walk at the same time. :rofl:

theres a special training mode in the multiplayer that lets you play "AI bots". basically dummies that run around the map and attempt to kill you. if pretty effective for new ppl, but boring for vets

jinxypie

Official Checked Star Member
theres a special training mode in the multiplayer that lets you play "AI bots". basically dummies that run around the map and attempt to kill you. if pretty effective for new ppl, but boring for vets

Good to know! Guess I'll force hub to sit with me on multiplayer so I can learn to shoot. I'm sure he'll be ready to shoot ME before it's over with. :tongue:

i always play the campaign first. its kind of important so you can have a small idea of the online map layouts, what guns are like, movements and all kinds of things

The only thing I don't like about this campaign and all of the other Call of Duties is how you have to take everyone out yourself. The other guys I am with, just wound or shoot the bad guys a couple times, and it is up to me to mop everything up. The real only time they take someone out is if they melee/silently take them out. I don't mind taking a couple guys out, giving covering or supporting fire for my teammates, but when I have to take everyone out, it gets tiresome after a while. Now, I also know that your character is supposed to be the hero of the story, and you want to be the badass, but I want my support to be just as good as me, if not better. I mean I am always with 2 or 3 people and they can't take anyone out.

I noticed this hassle after playing the game on the Hardened difficulty. It is starting to piss me off a lot. I have only died 3 times and I am pretty far, but later playing the Veteran difficulty is going to be quite a hassle.