• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

COD: Black Ops Thread

I thought every version has the zombies :dunno:

they do but the hardened has the zombie maps from W@W the standard has 2 new maps.

Ill get it if the price ever goes down. Considering how expensive MW2 still is, I suppose that will never happen.

I don't know why, but I expected to just walk in and buy the game. :dunno: Now I'm too lazy to go get it today.

Yeah, I hear you. Thing about it was, I called the store this afternoon, and talked briefly about it, and the guy said the line only lasted about 25 minutes. I saw at least 75 people in line. Something does not add up.

The campaign is better than mw2 imo. Its not trying that hard to impress me all the time which i like.

Online, im not sure yet. It doesn't beat out cod4 so far, but it beats mw2 as far as spawns go. It also feels nicer getting shot. The online seems to be more based on skill than luck like a year ago but i think it might just move a little too fast and the maps from what i've seen so far cant compete with last years

jinxypie

Official Checked Star Member
Hub's playing it right now... not my thing, but maybe one of these days I'll learn how to play. ;)

We went yesterday afternoon to pick it up. Walked into GameStop and asked the kid behind the counter for the game. He says "Did you have a preorder?"
Us: "No."
Kid: "Are you sure?"
Us: "Yes, we're sure."
Kid: "What's your phone number, so I can check the system just to make sure?"
Us: *puzzled*

Wouldn't we know if we placed a preorder for the game??
Anyway, in and out of GameStop in about 3.5 minutes. After the kid stopped being an idiot and sold us the game. ;)

The campaign is better than mw2 imo. Its not trying that hard to impress me all the time which i like.

You're one of two people I've read who've thought that. The general consensus seems to be that it's mediocre at best, with characters that mean very little and are hard to like or hate.

Hub's playing it right now... not my thing, but maybe one of these days I'll learn how to play. ;)

We went yesterday afternoon to pick it up. Walked into GameStop and asked the kid behind the counter for the game. He says "Did you have a preorder?"
Us: "No."
Kid: "Are you sure?"
Us: "Yes, we're sure."
Kid: "What's your phone number, so I can check the system just to make sure?"
Us: *puzzled*

Wouldn't we know if we placed a preorder for the game??
Anyway, in and out of GameStop in about 3.5 minutes. After the kid stopped being an idiot and sold us the game. ;)

If only he of known he was standing in front of a OCSM. He would of been bugging you for a lot more than a preorder.

Count your blessings. :)

If it was me I'd of asked for a fanpic. :anonymous

I think the characters are pretty cool. I also think its cool that great actors gave the voice overs.

The main guy Mason sounds like he is voiced by Sam Worthington. Is that the reason why there is an avatar suit possibilty?

Gary Oldman sounds like he does the voice for Reznov.

Ed Harris sounds like he does the voice for Hudson. The character model even looks like him.

I am more than halfway through the game so far, and I like it a lot, to say the least. It has no boards like the Cliffhanger board from MW2 that gave me so much trouble at the very beginning of the board, so that is good. I have missed some trophies so far, but I just want to beat it and then I'll go back and play it again.

You're one of two people I've read who've thought that. The general consensus seems to be that it's mediocre at best, with characters that mean very little and are hard to like or hate.

Yea but that made it too cartoon like for me. The only times i found myself surprised on campaign were the nuke in mw1 and the betrayol in mw2. I thought mw2 was constantly trying to impress me. heartbeart sensers and everything. I found it so unrealistic, i hated almost every second of the campaign last year. I think from now on im just going to stick to treyarch instead of that 5 year old target audience shock value cartoon crap that is modern ware fare.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I don't like it. I've not played online yet but the single player is irritating the fuck outta me! I'm going through it on veteran. I die a lot, I'll put it that way...

BUT beyond that the graphics seem a step below what MW2 was. The sound for MW2 was also better.

Online, im not sure yet. It doesn't beat out cod4 so far, but it beats mw2 as far as spawns go. It also feels nicer getting shot. The online seems to be more based on skill than luck like a year ago but i think it might just move a little too fast and the maps from what i've seen so far cant compete with last years

Really.... because there has been a few times where I spawn right in enemy territory.

But as far as online game play, it's pretty much the same IMO. To be honest I think I prefer MW2 as far online gaming, but Black Ops is still alright. I still need to get use to the maps, but ill give it a solid 9/10.

Really.... because there has been a few times where I spawn right in enemy territory.

But as far as online game play, it's pretty much the same IMO. To be honest I think I prefer MW2 as far online gaming, but Black Ops is still alright. I still need to get use to the maps, but ill give it a solid 9/10.

Im not backtracking here. But today i played it again, i was completely shocked with the spawning. I found it quite funny to be honest. But this game, its so fast that when your hit you can find the guy within seconds on a small map.

I like the way you die, its less ego crushing whilst still keeping some relism.

I feel mw2 was just a rushed letdown. For the graphics they had and for how good mw1 was (voted in many lists in the top 5 games of all time up there with pac man, mario, gta ect) that mw2 was just so plain compared to it. I mean they had 2 years to get everything right, they really dropped the ball, for me didn't change anything and apart from having slightly improved graphics, it was basically mw1 with better perks and killstreaks.

But it was too easy and catered for families too much online. You could get rewards for getting killed for goodness sake :1orglaugh

This game seems less family friendly, back to the mw1 style where skill is rewarded, you are right my friend, its not perfect, that rating is accurate as im sure many would agree, but its a major step up from last years, but thats my opinion. I might even be biased just because i like my skill to be rewarded instead of luck, i dont like the feeling of a blind guy beating me, or even a housewife, thats very depressing, it should be fair and square, thank you

Spleen

Banned?
I dunno when everyone started insulting MW2. I went back to playing COD4 after a while of playing nothing but MW2, and it was like going back to San Andreas from GTA4..

I don't like it. I've not played online yet but the single player is irritating the fuck outta me! I'm going through it on veteran. I die a lot, I'll put it that way...

BUT beyond that the graphics seem a step below what MW2 was. The sound for MW2 was also better.

Why not turn it down to just hardened then? Seems a bit silly to keep trying on vet if it's pissing you off that much :dunno:

I feel mw2 was just a rushed letdown. For the graphics they had and for how good mw1 was (voted in many lists in the top 5 games of all time up there with pac man, mario, gta ect) that mw2 was just so plain compared to it. I mean they had 2 years to get everything right, they really dropped the ball, for me didn't change anything and apart from having slightly improved graphics, it was basically mw1 with better perks and killstreaks.

I don't understand this sentiment, and it's prevalence is troubling for me. How can you find MW2 rushed and unoriginal when all of the Treyarch games since the original MW were literally cut and paste jobs, with a different skin? There were literally no major changes in any part of the game, unless you're counting Zombie Mode as something special. It drives me nuts that people ream the shit out of the Modern Warfare series when in fact, those are the games that did all of the work, make the biggest improvements, and for lack of a better term, established the franchise as what it is now.