• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Chimpanzee attacks woman.

Seven hours of surgery and four teams of surgeons were needed to stabilize a Connecticut woman attacked by a pet chimpanzee, doctors at Stamford Hospital said Wednesday.

Police say Travis, seen here as a younger chimp, was like a child to his owner, Sandra Herold.

Nash, 55, had just arrived at the home of her friend, Sandra Herold, 70, when the chimp, named Travis, jumped on her and began biting and mauling her, said Stamford Police Capt. Rich Conklin. Conklin said the attack was unprovoked, and he described it as "brutal and lengthy."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/18/chimp.attack/index.html?iref=newssearch

Also, a brutal 911 call from the owner. Not for the faint of heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1pdvV_gT6I

girk1

Closed Account
That old lady (the owner)shoud be charged with something since her friend whose 'face & hands were TORN OFF':eek: life is ruined. If it were me I would have preferred dying & I know the lady will routinely think the same thing if she survives.

At least she didn't suffer like the man from Cali a couple years ago whose TESTICLES , NOSE /LIPS & some fingers were bitten/ripped from his body:eek: I think surviving these attacks is 'as bad' or even worse than the actual attack.

Hope this is the last Chimp attack that I hear of.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Don't blame that monkey. He was hopped up on Xanax!! :fight:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...

ratbastid

Closed Account
what do these people (or anyone currently owning 'pets' like this) think could happen caging a wild animal anyway??
are they like: "Oh, he's so cute!" "Nothing will ever ever go wrong!"
This is a classic example of stupid human behavior.
Everyone involved got what was coming to them. -and yes, even just by being around at the wrong time.

what do these people (or anyone currently owning 'pets' like this) think could happen caging a wild animal anyway??
Everyone involved got what was coming to them. -and yes, even just by being around at the wrong time.

Sooooooo the woman, who had her face and hands torn off, had that coming to her? Living disabled for the rest of her life? There is justice after all. :rolleyes:

girk1

Closed Account

Although I wouldn't have gone over to help the friend with her 200lb Chimp the lady didn't get what she 'deserved'. If anyone should have gotten attacked it should have been the actual OWNER & not the friend who drove up.

She didn't call animal control because she knew repeated 'incidents' would have made it impossible to the keep the Chimp. She should have at least owned a very High powered weapon & tranquilizers for this thing.

Or better yet should not have had in in her home at all.

ratbastid

Closed Account
Sooooooo the woman, who had her face and hands torn off, had that coming to her? Living disabled for the rest of her life? There is justice after all. :rolleyes:

... the lady didn't get what she 'deserved'.

Again, Im just saying, stupid human behavior: running into a dangerous situation, where no human should have been in the first place (nor chimp!).

It was at her home. No human should be there though right?

I agree wild animals shouldnt be in peoples homes, but it was. And she was visiting her friend, not walking around in a jungle dressed as a banana. What is so stupid about visiting your friend?

ratbastid

Closed Account
I know, I know- bottom line is, and we all agree "wild animals shouldnt be in peoples homes".
:glugglug:

While her friend was being attacked, Herold unsuccessfully tried to pull the primate off her. She then called 911 before stabbing the chimp with a butcher knife and hitting him with a shovel.

Why is it always a butcher knife?

Oh, and people shouldn't have stupid pets like monkeys anyway. I hope the owner goes to jail for the rest of her life.

Why is it always a butcher knife?

Oh, and people shouldn't have stupid pets like monkeys anyway. I hope the owner goes to jail for the rest of her life.

For what? Having a "stupid pet"??

If a dog did this, nobody would be saying shit about the owner going to jail.

Facetious

Moderated
Here's an attack from '05. Gruesome !! Never liked thos f'en primates ! They should remain in the wild, PERIOD !
Wednesday, November 09, 2005 | 9:36 AM
ABCNews

Nov. 9, 2005 -- Moe the chimp was like a son to the Davis family. St. James and LaDonna Davis say they rescued the chimp from Africa and then raised him in their California home - sometimes even eating and sleeping with him.

In 1998, Moe attacked a West Covina, Calif., police officer and a neighbor. Authorities removed the chimp and took him to the Animal Haven Ranch near Bakersfield.

When the couple visited Moe last March, two chimps in nearby cages attacked St. James Davis and nearly killed him.

"I was so tired, but I had to keep fighting," Davis said. "This one &was just pounding the daylights out of me. I heard Donna saying 'please don't die on me' & I just couldn't answer her."

He said the attack went on for 10 or 15 minutes and he could "feel it blow by blow." Chimps are three times stronger than a man.

During the attack, LaDonna Davis looked on - she had been knocked to the ground by one of the chimps who bit her thumb off. She looked up to see her husband - who had intervened to save her - covered in blood.

"The big male took off to my husband's face, his head area, while he's on the ground. And the smaller one & went to his foot area," she told ABC News. They were "tearing away at him. And I'm begging somebody to do something here."

A ranch hand eventually shot the two chimps to death. Prosecutors did not seek criminal charges against the operator of the reserve because the animals apparently escaped on their own.

St. James Davis spent months in intensive care and underwent more than two dozen operations - he estimates he has 20 more surgeries left. He was put into an induced coma to help him heal.

Davis recently returned home. He's severely disfigured - his nose chewed off and his genitals and limbs severely mauled - but his love for Moe, who served as the ring bearer in his and LaDonna's wedding, remains strong.

Nevertheless, he is haunted by the memory of the attack.

"I really don't want to go back to the scene," Davis said. "I would like to have him put elsewhere. I would like to be back together again. I don't even know if he knows I am alive."
It's too bad that the lady wasn't a skilled shooter and owned a .45 ! Just drop to a one knee down position, aim and blammo !