• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Breaking Bad - The T.V. Series

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
"I won" :cool:

So....did Walt poison Brock? :eek: I really wonder what direction his character will go now. Seems like he's becoming more sinister.

They really suspended belief with Gus' death but I thought him walking out with half his face blown off, straightening his tie was....awesome. In the end he went out like the cold mofo he was.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
"I won" :cool:

So....did Walt poison Brock? :eek: I really wonder what direction his character will go now. Seems like he's becoming more sinister.

From season 1 forward, with everything that happens, Walt learns. And I think his best teacher so far has been Gus. I've already seen that I can't predict jack on this show, but (I'm guessing) that just like we never really knew the depths of Gus' cold evil until last season, I think Walt has some of that same evil in him. So I think Walt is, or has become, a sociopath. :(

They really suspended belief with Gus' death but I thought him walking out with half his face blown off, straightening his tie was....awesome. In the end he went out like the cold mofo he was.

You called it! Yeah, that was a suspension of disbelief moment (worthy of Lost or something), but WOW!!!, what a scene!!! :eek: I couldn't imagine how they were going to get out of the beef with Gus in one piece. Wow! The writers on this show are amazing!

And does anybody else agree that the last time there was a buddy dynamic this good was in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (Paul Newman and Robert Redford)?

I'd love to get a screen capture of Gus' face a split second before the explosion.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
I liked the symbolism of it too, since Gus was kind of duplicitous. The creator must be a big Dark Knight fan or something. I'm sad to see Gus go, but I'm glad he had such an epic exit, as unrealistic as it may have been.

I'd love to get a screen capture of Gus' face a split second before the explosion.
I took a screen shot just for the hell of it and now I can't stop laughing. :1orglaugh

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day

Here you go. It's hard to get a clear capture since he moves so quickly, but this is the best I could do. I'm sure a better version will come along soon.

Attachments

• Fullscreen capture 10102011 80240 PM.jpg
    Fullscreen capture 10102011 80240 PM.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 71

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Excellent finale.
This show really never disappoints.

But that final shot of the jimson weed or whatever.
I wouldnt think Walt would do that.

btw the title of the episode was Face Off,,,,,,,,haha wonder why.

Shifty

O.G.
I would have thought that Hector would have taunted Gus a little more before flipping the switch - at least crack a smile or something ...

The shot of Gus after the blast was very memorable of course, but I would have though that with so much bad blood between them, the ending would have been more dramatic.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
I would have thought that Hector would have taunted Gus a little more before flipping the switch - at least crack a smile or something ...

The shot of Gus after the blast was very memorable of course, but I would have though that with so much bad blood between them, the ending would have been more dramatic.
You can't really taunt a person much when you can't talk or move. He actually did crack a smile (I think) when he finally looked at gus. The way I see it, he taunted Gus while he could by not looking at him, then finally when gus was about to administer the shot he catches Hector looking at him and is surprised. Then Hector shows a smug condescending smile before giving him the death stare. Anyway, Hector taunted Gus by making him think he didn't have the upper hand. Gus was taunting him saying "is this how you want to be remembered? As a cripple and a rat?". And the whole time Hector was probably thinking "that's what you think...".

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Apparently this season finale was set to be the series finale if AMC hadn't re-upped for one more season and a proper series wrap. I read an interview with Vince Gilligan and he said if AMC hadn't picked up Breaking Bad, he was trying to make sure this episode would serve as a wrap for the series. I think he and his writers did an amazing job. The make-up people from Walking Dead even contributed to making Gus a zombie (for about 5 seconds).

I'm really going to miss Gus. But I'm anxious to see what role Mike will play now that his boss is dead. Plus, I figure that Mike is going to feel a sense of loyalty to Jesse, since that's who really saved his bacon in Mexico. And if Jesse ever picks up on Walt having that flower in his backyard, I could see Jesse sending Mike after Walt in the end. I'm also hoping that at some point next season, Walt's real (loyal and devoted) son has some sort of interaction or face-down with the surrogate son (Jesse).

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
I don't see Walt Jr developing as anything more than the naive son, but I guess we'll see. I can see the final season becoming Jesse vs. Walt though. That would be the best way to finish the series, although it would have been nice to have at least two more seasons but it's probably for the best. Even the greatest show becomes stale if it runs for too long.

Shifty

O.G.
PK I agree with you re. Hector. I also think that Hector wished Gus dead more than anything and likely just wanted to get it done. I am also sad that Gus is dead.

As for the final season, I predict that Walt will die somehow. Most likely of his illness and not due to violence.

Just watched the finale last night,and all I can say is holy shit that was good,especially considering the this was a pretty boring season for the most part,the finale really made up for it.

I thought the the overall arching storyline was good,but the details were very contrived.I don't think that they played the whole Brock getting poisoned too well.My first thought was that he got a hold to Jesse's cigs,and tried to smoke it.How Jesse jumped to the conclusion that Walt poisoned him,I still have a problem with,and the fact that they allude to Walt actually did do it.I totally understand the motivation,but the execution of the details are just too sloppy.

I do wonder for next season whether Mike will play an important role or not.I also wonder how it will end.Will either Walt or Jesse die?Will Hank finally wise up and start suspecting Walt for what he is?

Here's my super early prediction.

Jesse eventually finds out that Walt poisoned Brock to help with the Gus situation.Hank finally finds out that Walt is Heisenberg.Walt decides to help Hank take down everyone,including himself in some huge bust,but Walt gets killed by either Jesse,or Mike in the process of everyone going down.

Check back in a year to see if I'm right.

Shifty

O.G.
Mike was an employee of Gus. I don't see him being a threat to either Jesse or Walt now that Gus is gone. :2 cents:

Mike was an employee of Gus. I don't see him being a threat to either Jesse or Walt now that Gus is gone. :2 cents:

But now that Gus is gone,where does his loyalty lie?

I'm sure that he is nothing more than a mercenary,but it seemed that he started to respect Jesse towards the end,plus,Jesse saved his life,so maybe Mike will feel like he at least owes him that.

I think that there's potential for Mike to be a wildcard next season,if they even decide to bring him back at all.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Maybe we'll see more of Mike's personal life next season, and he'll develop more as a character. I imagine he'll be pretty pissed about Gus' death. At the very least they had a good working relationship going on. I'm not exactly sure how a henchman responds when the boss dies, but he'll definitely be confronting Jessie and Walt if he finds out they were behind it. The way everything was executed it may just look like retaliation from the cartel.

Honestly,I don't think that he will be that pissed about Gus.I think that he will understand what had to go down,and how it had to go down.

The thing about next season is that with Gus gone,the cartel gone,the only person/people left that Walt really has to worry about is Mike(assuming that he comes back),Hank and the DEA,Jesse if he finds out about how he poisoned Brock,and quite possibly the IRS.