• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Breaking Bad - The T.V. Series

I had the newest episode on the DVR and got a chance to watch it last night. Best episode of the season, IMO.

So many fantastic dynamics that are shifting in the show now. I love the fact that Jesse is such a badass now. He and Walter have essentially switched roles. Jesse is the man with Gus now, and even seems to have a bit, if not a significant amount, of Mike's respect. Which seems a tough task to accomplish.

Interesting, too, how Gus used (what I am assuming was) a very similar poison to take care of the cartel as Jesse and Walt were planning on using on Gus. Some foreshadowing there, maybe?

Although, I have to wonder where Jesse's mind is. It seems like he's getting well caught up in all of this. A few episodes ago he was absolutely positive that he and Walt were dead, it was just a matter of time, and he was (seemingly) ready to try and poison Gus to death. Now, after the poisoning of the cartel, Jesse has extremely intimate access to both Gus and Mike who are quite obviously in a very vulnerable position. He has the chance to kill both of them and relieve Walt and himself from their indentured meth servitude, but I'm very positive that he won't, because it seems like he is enjoying the new found respect and responsibilities bestowed upon him by Mike and Gus respectively.

Jesse seems to be the character with the most level and stable head at this point, with Walter becoming more and more mentally confused and able to exert less and less control over himself and the situations he finds himself in (I really liked the sit-down between Walt and Jr., adding a little more depth to Walter's relationship with his son, which had thus far been lacking in the program.) which is an odd shift from the beginning of this season, and previous seasons. It seems like Jesse and Walt have had a sort of role reversal in many ways. Especially the part where Jesse is deriding the cartel chemists for the sad shape of their lab. I loved the whole scene where Jesse was being eyeballed by a large group of the cartel members and was talking to everyone like he was running the show, loved it!

Great episode, great season so far. Can't wait for the last 3 episodes!

At some point I am almost certain that Walt is going to assert himself in a big, big way.

If Gus and Mike were both to be permanently out of the picture it would be interesting to see what Walt would choose to do, that's for sure.

He could walk, obviously. But more and more, that doesn't seem like Walt. The allure of being "the man" seems to have too much of a grip on Walt at this point.

The series was good before, but its starting to get really good now!

Shifty

O.G.
^^

Agreed PR, we're being led to believe that Walt is losing his positioning but he is after all the main character.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
^^

Agreed PR, we're being led to believe that Walt is losing his positioning but he is after all the main character.

I'd say Walt pretty much lost all positioning after tonight's episode. I'm just....wow...

I find myself amazed at how each episode is able to build so successfully upon the previous week's, and tonight.....again....just wow.

Tonights episode was EPIC. Amazing. Walt laying in the crawlspace laughing like that, holy crap. Ted Beneke breaking his own neck, I laughed so hard at that one (hate that guy).

It's gonna be crazy to see how Walt gets out of this situation. He looks so fucked right now. Jesse seems like he has turned on Walt, but i don't think he is going to forget where his true loyalties lay. And remember, Jesse still has that "lucky cigarette" with the ricin in it.

Only two episodes to go this season. And seeing how it's the second to last season, BIG BIG things should go down.

This is the best season yet. Season one was the only other season that even came close to feeling this intense. But this season is much deeper and complex.

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
Damn.. I don't know what too say anymore.. somehow Walt gets the upper hand again, but how?? he is short of the $$$ to vanish his whole family since Skylar gave Ted that $$$ to pay the IRS, and @ 1st I just was under the impression that Ted was unconscious but it occurred to me when they said it was an act of god, that Ted is either dead or in a coma...

I think the next and last 2 episodes are gonna be shock and awe like the most of this season has been so far.. I can't wait for next Sunday too come, and I hate Sundays!
:rofl2:

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
All I can say is: the car wash was a bad idea. They could have had the money to disappear and start a new life if they hadn't invested so much into avoiding suspicion. The irony...

Looks like the house of cards finally came down on Walt. His mental break at the end with him laying in the dirt laughing maniacally was great IMO. Anyways I wonder how Ted's death will play out. I think Walt will get through this somehow like he always does. If Hank is tipped off the heat on Gus' organization will rise, not to mention Gus has started a major beef with the cartel. These outside factors may lead to Gus' downfall before he has a chance to kill Walt. And like Tubular said, Jesse is going to take action and stir up problems too if he learns that Walt is in danger.

Glad that asshole broke his neck.

As much as I want to like Gus as one of those cool bad guys he just keeps turning out to be a brutal killer.

Walter gets on my nerves. Every problem that arises for him he brings on himself. Gus gave him an out. He said never talk to Jesse again. Walter had to be a smart ass.

All I can say is: the car wash was a bad idea. They could have had the money to disappear and start a new life if they hadn't invested so much into avoiding suspicion. The irony...

Looks like the house of cards finally came down on Walt. His mental break at the end with him laying in the dirt laughing maniacally was great IMO. Anyways I wonder how Ted's death will play out. I think Walt will get through this somehow like he always does. If Hank is tipped off the heat on Gus' organization will rise, not to mention Gus has started a major beef with the cartel. These outside factors may lead to Gus' downfall before he has a chance to kill Walt. And like Tubular said, Jesse is going to take action and stir up problems too if he learns that Walt is in danger.

I was under the impression that Gus wiped out most of the head cartel guys?

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
I was under the impression that Gus wiped out most of the head cartel guys?
Well there has to be some kind of consequence for that. I imagine there could be higher ups or mutual business partners that will want to retaliate. You can't just take out a major drug kingpin and be done with it. He's going to war with someone.

Well there has to be some kind of consequence for that. I imagine there could be higher ups or mutual business partners that will want to retaliate. You can't just take out a major drug kingpin and be done with it. He's going to war with someone.

I think that is what happened though. The whole build up was that the cartel appeared to be out muscling Gus. Gus acted as if he was caving into their demands and then he ends up wiping them out. Didn't he kill a few Don's and all their captains?

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
I think that is what happened though. The whole build up was that the cartel appeared to be out muscling Gus. Gus acted as if he was caving into their demands and then he ends up wiping them out. Didn't he kill a few Don's and all their captains?
Perhaps. The DEA is still a problem though. Gus obviously considers Hank to be a big threat enough to phase Walter out and threaten to kill his family. Even if Walt screwed himself Hank is on alert now, which I imagine is not what Gus wants.

I also think that Gus will send that other henchman who's always been watching Walt to eliminate him, and either Walt will get the drop on him or someone like Jess or Hank will intervene and kill him. I honestly don't like the guy because he's kind of a condescending asshole who enjoys torturing Walt. A lot of tension and resentment has been building between those two and it's obvious that it will result in him finally getting killed.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Good episode. Seemed shorter for some reason though.

1. How did Gus know about the ricin in Jesse's pack? Or did Jesse make a mistake? Gus poioning the kid wouldn't make any sense, and it's far-fetched for Jesse to think that Walt did it even if he is the only other one who knew about it. I thought the kid just smoked the cigarette but apparently Jesse said he had it in there earlier that day.
2. How did Gus know something was up? Does he know Walt rigged his car or is he just generally on edge since he made a major move against the cartel?

I just started Breaking bad last night. My girlfriend just got Netflix so we are taking full advantage. It seems great so far.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I just enjoyed seeing that Team Walt & Jesse got back together again. Not to oversimplify a very complex show and storyline, but on the face of it, you know that Gus had a shot against either one of them individually. But once they get together, even a guy who took down a cartel won't have such an easy time against are heroes.

Skyler, meanwhile, has gone back to being naive and annoying as hell. I understand how the "old Walt" (passive school teacher) ended up with her. But the "new Walt" (bad ass and street smart)... she HAS to be getting on his last nerve by now! In my fairytale ending, both bitchy Skyler and meathead Hank get clipped by Gus' new tough guy (can't remember his name). Then Mike can't live with himself, he goes after Gus and he and Gus take each other out. And as it ends, Walt rides off into the sunset (under a new identity) with Marie, his kids and his surrogate son, Jesse. I know it probably won't end that way (they didn't kill off Janice in The Sopranos, and I SO wanted her dead!), but that would be a good finale for me.

Also, I hope last night wasn't the last we'll see of Saul. That was an entertaining character.

This season has been a very slow burn and imo,the weakest season yet,but still decent.Hopefully it will all payoff in the end,but I'm sick of Walter and his irrational decision making.If he would take a few seconds to think some of his shit thought,things would go a lot smoother for him,but unfortunately make for boring television.

First he get's drunk at Hank and Marie's and more or less pushes Hank into looking more into Gus,then being a smart ass to Gus in the middle of the desert instead of just conceding to never speak to Jesse again is the stupidest thing ever.Oh,and the car wash really wasn't a good idea.

The story with Skylar giving the money to Ted was totally understandable,but for some reason seemed to convenient to the plot for me.It's like they didn't have enough going on already,that they had to throw something else in there to complicate things even more.

Even though I've loved this show since the beginning,I'm kinda glad that next year is the last season for it.I feel that they are starting to run out of ideas and it's best to go out before it gets too contrived.

Anyway,I don't see how they can wrap up the show next season with Gus dead,so hopefully,they don't kill him in the finale.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
In the preview it looks like Tyrus goes after Walt. I think he might be killed off next episode by Walt.

Another question: how did Walt know where Gus would be parked in that huge parking garage? And how did he manage to get to Gus' car, get back down to cross the street to the next building and get to the roof in the alotted time?