• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Breaking Bad - The T.V. Series

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
This news is so sad. :weeping:

Breaking Bad has 2 or 3 more seasons in it at least. I can't believe they're cancelling it after next season.

Seems that AMC has to free up some dollars for Mad Men... aka Don Has a Scotch - Don Has A Secretary - Don Has a Cigarette. I used to like Mad Men, but now it's just a caricature of what it was originally.

First AMC doesn't let Rubicon develop and cancels it after one season, and now this. I won't feel bad about not watching AMC anymore after next year. They're probably only 2-3 years away from running a reality TV show featuring Snooki and D@nica Patrick. :bang:

Why even keep watching TV if all the good shows end after a few years and all we're left with is mind numbing total crap?!

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Great episode.

I like how the flashback scene gave us some insight into Gus. He's more likeable as a character now IMO. I think I understand now why Gus took pity on Jessie and Walt, because in a sense their partnership reminded him of what he lost. Also I might be analyzing it a bit too much but it seems like he killed Victor because he reminded him of Hector standing over his partner. Compare the two situations and they're a lot alike.

I just watched the latest episode online there, since it will be a bout 3 years before it is shown here, so i always have to wait a day or so until i can watch it

I thought that episode was pretty good IMO, i like the flashbacks as it really gave you an insight into Gus as a character, given that he wa fairly unknown before

I just hate having to wait a week for the new episodes now, since i only discovered Breaking bad via my best tv series/season have you watched recently thread, a couple of week ago and have been watching about 1 every day

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Great episode.

I like how the flashback scene gave us some insight into Gus. He's more likeable as a character now IMO. I think I understand now why Gus took pity on Jessie and Walt, because in a sense their partnership reminded him of what he lost. Also I might be analyzing it a bit too much but it seems like he killed Victor because he reminded him of Hector standing over his partner. Compare the two situations and they're a lot alike.

yeah.
I wonder who that boss narco was and what happened to him.

claydavis

Major Crimes? Shiiiit.
Great episode.
I checked it out yesterday and I have to say it was really interesting to get an insight into Gus and how he became who he is now. Also I liked that Steven Bauer (Manny from Scarface) had a cameo as Don Eladio because I don't think I've seen him in anything since Traffic. Also on a side note the Salamanca family love their ornate cowboy boots.

Rey C.

I meant to post this a couple of weeks ago but forgot. Can anybody explain to me why Skyler is so paranoid about Walt spending a few bucks on a bottle of champagne (that he paid cash for), or even buying Walt, Jr. a car... when they just spent something like $800K on a freakin' car wash???!!! I mean, if the "official" story is that the (initial) money came from Walt's gambling, what's the difference? Claim it as income, pay the taxes and move on. So you bought a car or a car wash... so what? Now the millions that keep rolling in, I understand that's a problem and requires work to launder it. But why is she so wound up about small stuff? And what about Walt's partner in crime, Jesse? What about all the cash he has rolling in? What about the house that he bought and that high dollar stereo system? Is Saul laundering Jesse's money and I forgot about it?

This show doesn't seem to have any plot holes. So I probably just forgot some things. Any help would be appreciated.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
I thought about that too Rey.
But I chalked it up to she's just a cunt.

And as far as we've seen Sol isn't laundering jesse's money.
Jesse turned down buying the nail salon.
So that is a plot hole.
Hank knows jesse had the blue hillbilly heroin, plus he bought a house for 400,000 cash.
So that's a pretty good sign that he's involved with it a little more than just selling to addicts at NA meetings.
Great episode though, loved the flashback.
Now I guess we know why Gus hates those mexicans.
Another thing is that GPS walt planted.
Hanks gonna find it stuck on some wall outside a store and know Gus did it.
Thats almost an admission of guilt.
He should have chucked it on the road as if it had fallen off by itself.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
I think that this past episode was one of the best of the season, possibly since the first one (not that there's such a thing as a bad Breaking Bad episode, but some are better than others). The best scenes for me in this episode were the scenes with Hank and Walt putting the tracer on Gus's car and the flashback (for obvious reasons). When Hank is trying to convince Walt to put the tracer on the car and his back is turned, and then who but Mike should drive up right alongside? Hank doesn't see him, Walt knows that Mike is keeping an eye on him, and yet he has to either try and get Hank to agree that his idea is futile or go through with it knowing he's being watched and that it could possibly come back to bite him later. The suspense building inside that tiny little car and then carrying over to the parking lot, into Pollos Hermanos where we actually see Gus, back out into the parking lot and then back into the car is incredible, and I have nothing but praise for the the acting, the writing, and the cinematography involved.

The flashback was my favorite scene of the episode, and in addition to answering a few questions, it also posed many more that I'm sure will (hopefully) be answered throughout the rest of the season. I'm sure I'm beating the word "suspense" to death, but that's just about the only phrase that comes to mind to describe the atmosphere permeating throughout the conversation between Gus and Max and the cartel. We find out why Gus needs someone else to cook meth instead of doing it himself, as well as why he carries a grudge against the cartel. I missed the cautionary warning at the beginning of the episode, so I had no idea that there would be violence in the episode. When Max got shot, even though I'd been suspecting that there would be a death during the conversation, I had no idea who's it would be, where, when, etc.

This episode, as all others, didn't disappoint, and I'm sad to realize that not only is this season close to ending, but there's only one more season left as well. However, if every last episode can provide as much, if not more, enjoyment as this one, I'll never miss the show because it will have become a part of me.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Things really climaxed this episode with Gus' revenge. I wonder if Mike's wound will be fatal.

Rey C.

What can you say, other than "WOW!!!"?

I'm a little late to this one, just watched the first couple of episodes last weekend and I'm hooked! Can't wait to catch up, unlike most shows I hear it just keeps getting better.

ApolloBalboa

Things really climaxed this episode with Gus' revenge. I wonder if Mike's wound will be fatal.

I climaxed too, after the credits started rolling. This week's episode was, in a word, amazing.

Did we see where/when/how Mike got hurt? I'm guessing he got shot, but it wasn't really made incredibly clear, at least to me. :o

I'm a little late to this one, just watched the first couple of episodes last weekend and I'm hooked! Can't wait to catch up, unlike most shows I hear it just keeps getting better.

You hear right. :thumbsup:

Rey C.

Did we see where/when/how Mike got hurt? I'm guessing he got shot, but it wasn't really made incredibly clear, at least to me.

No, but he (apparently) took a bullet from the cartel henchman that came out of the house as they were trying to leave. With Mike and Gus out of action, it was ALL on Jesse to stand and deliver... which he did beautifully! :clap: I liked that scene because it redeemed Jesse for freezing up when the cartel sniper was shooting at them in a previous episode.

I didn't watch the Emmy awards. I don't guess I ever have. So I don't know how it works. But how did Mad Men win Best Drama over Breaking Bad? How was Breaking Bad not even in the category???!!! I was a fan of Mad Men the first couple of seasons. But now it's just a style show with not much substance (IMO). And the writing last season sucked balls. It was just Don has a Scotch - Don has a secretary - Don has a cigarette... rinse and repeat next week.

Are they doing to Breaking Bad what they did to The Wire... ignoring it in favor of superficial, pop culture shows?

ApolloBalboa

To answer Rey C., I believe it's because since this season debuted so late into the year, it made it ineligible for the Emmys this year. I'm not quite sure if that's correct, but I seem to remember hearing an interview or article regarding that.

claydavis

Major Crimes? Shiiiit.
Gus gets sweet revenge, but at what cost? This was another great episode. I can't wait until next week. Emmy's don't mean shit! In terms of good shows being shafted I have seen it happen to quite a few that I liked such as Deadwood, Carnivàle, Brotherhood and Huff to name a few. In the end it's not about quality, but the bottom line.

Rey C.

To answer Rey C., I believe it's because since this season debuted so late into the year, it made it ineligible for the Emmys this year. I'm not quite sure if that's correct, but I seem to remember hearing an interview or article regarding that.

Ah, OK. So that means that Mad Men won't be eligible next year? Good! I don't dislike Mad Men. Compared to the average show, it's quite good. But I do think it's overhyped.

BTW, considering how whacky Skyler was about Walt buying the bottle of champagne and the car for Walt, Jr., could she be any more of a dumbass in giving her former boss the money to pay off the IRS... AND THEN TELLING HIM?! Uh, what happened to keeping the caper a big secret??? :hairpull:

Something else I want to mention. Skyler has always been my least favorite character on Breaking Bad (kind of reminds me of Janice from the Sopranos for some reason). Since the first episode, I've never liked her. She's always come off as a disloyal, out for herself, royal bitch, IMO. And what's kind of funny is that she and Marie are sisters, but they're opposites in many ways. Other than Marie being a petite brunette and Skyler being a buxom blonde, their personalities are also kind of opposite one another, no? While Marie is quirky, kooky and a kleptomaniac, Skyler is straight laced and seems to have a stick up her ass. And for all her faults, there is no doubt in my mind, even as bad as he treats her, Marie has Hank's back 110%. Skyler's legs swung open for Walt when she found out about the money, but only after she swung them open for Ted when he seemed to have something going on. Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger. But she ain't messin' with no broke... Know what I'm sayin'? In my alternate (Lost) reality, I'd like to see Walt take Walt, Jr., "adopt" Jesse and run off with Marie. Skyler could run off with Saul. Those two are meant for each other, IMO. Meanwhile, Mike and Hank move in with each other and become partners - they're essentially the same person. Mike is Hank... or Mike used to be Hank, I think. Both are totally dedicated to the task at hand... whatever it is. And both play fast & loose with "the rules".

What a show!!! :thumbsup:

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Great episode, at least the Jesse Gus Mike part.
Skylar is an idiot for giving her ex boss slash sex partner all that money like that.
And where was Walt in all that? Did he even know?
600,000 dollars?
If anything she should have just gave him exactly what he needed to pay the taxes with an agreement that he pay them rather than do what she did.

And the cartel thing, wow.
Gus poisions himself with deady poison , mike gets shot, wow.
Hw the hell are they gonna get out on mexico, how far south of the border are they?
real cliff hanger.
Jesse might be returning with 2 bodies in the car.
That would actually be ideal although I like mike, but with him and gus dead, the cartel dead........its all walters.

Shifty

O.G.
They get back home safe though. Well, Gus and Jesse do anyway.

I saw a brief preview of the next episode: Gus tells Jesse that he thinks he (Jesse) can run the lab.

Heads up Walt ... :eek: