• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

*Breaking* 2 NYPD officers ambushed and killed in Garner revenge slaying

Deepcover

Closed Account
You didn't mention the race of the man who killed the 2 officers, he was African-American and a member of the Black Guerrilla Family, a gang with black supremacist ties. He was "obviously" disturbed. No, he killed a woman who he hated just like he killed those police officers. He was an extremist.

Who's using the race card now? Hypocrite

It was his actions after he encountered officer Wilson that lead to his death.

Your prof of that is? Oh wait. you only believe it in your heart to be true.

If Wilson intended to randomly take the life of a black teen for whatever sinister racist reasons he had, he did a piss poor job of planning and carrying it out as witnessed by the gunshot holes in his vehicle.

I never said it was some sinister pre-meditated motive on his part. I don't know. It could be. Maybe he just wanted revenge in the heat of the moment. It could also be he panicked or got trigger happy in the moment after he unwisely escalated a situation he shouldn't have. Maybe he was just defending himself. Jeez, to bad we can't have an actual trial determining that like what almost always happens.

A Democrat prosecutor saw it the same way and could have proceeded with charges against Wilson even without an indictment but he didn't which speaks volumes about the credibility of witnesses against Wilson and the lack of evidence that he intentionally set out to gun down the young man.

To play devil's advocate I could just as well point out that it could be as much to do with the prosecutors being imbedded in the system, and not wanting to piss off local departments he has to deal with for the rest of his career there. He doesn't have to deal with the president or our nations AG or reporters or civil rights leaders in that way like he does the local cops and their unions, and the local politicians he's around every day. About the speaking volumes part. I'll get to that.

The D.A. could have folded under political pressure to use his prosecutorial discretion but then he would have had to present it to a judge to move forward and it just wasn't there. Plain and simple.

It's not like there is just pressure from the media or national political forces. Like I said I'm sure he's also under pressure from the departments he has to work with.

I live in reality as I have been practicing law for 27 years. There are probably thousands and thousands of accusations each year but barely a handful turn out to be anything near what is stated in the initial complaint. Even Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have to keep their organizations fully staffed with people just to weed out the bullshit. Jackson better at it than Sharpton obviously as too many bogus claims would hurt their donations and pocketbooks. You hold the belief that there is wide scale and rampant unethical behavior? That's nice. but where is the evidence? Oh I forget, you only believe in your heart that it is true. If everything you feel is happening in fact was, Jackson and Sharpton would be so busy they would have to build an addition at the DOJ to give them a place to lay their heads at night they would be so busy.

Ah the old "ham sandwich" adage. You do realize that you only need but a 2/3 vote to indict don't you? There is no "beyond a reasonable doubt" requirement in grand jury proceedings. The reason for secrecy in grand jury proceedings is that it protects witnesses from possible retaliation. Not some sinister plot to keep info and evidence from the citizenry. In Ferguson, they couldn't even get that and the prosecutor realized that he didn't have evidence to present to a judge to move forward.. Sorry it was not what you wanted but that's how our legal system works. In a nutshell, a grand jury indictment helps but you can proceed without one if you so desire. You are wrong on several points in your post. For one, witnesses are allowed to talk about what they tell a grand jury outside the proceeding but jurors are not. So the information does not remain forever secret as you asserted. The grand jury has only one function, to weigh the evidence presented by the prosecutors and to return or not return an indictment. As for cops and prosecutors working together, of course they do. Law enforcement bring charges and it is up to the prosecutor to reject or accept those charges. We are only talking one phase of the judicial process so prosecutors and law enforcement working together doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother anyone.

First of all, why is this so much about Jackson and Sharpton or some race thing? It's not like the police are just unethical against minorities. Even if a lot of the issue, even on this thread, revolves around it I haven't personally made it a point in my statements. It's also not like every unethical thing a officer of the law does goes as far as killing somebody when it's not needed. There is a lot of lesser things that also happen. Yeah, for the record I'll admit that most incidents of police misconduct aren't absolutely provable outside of some video evidence (which seems to really not even good enough anymore as sad as that is) or the officer very badly screwing up and not covering their tracks well. Of course even today with ever present technology the vast majority of crimes in general aren't very provable. That's more a testament of how easy it is for people to get away with things than a statement of them not happening. For the record I'm not what most people would consider a minority. Also, for the record I also personally don't like Jackson or Sharpton and think they are poor representatives of any black community or really any group of people at all. As far as my part of this discussion goes they are also irrelevant.

In any case here's where a lot of your argument falls apart. You say that you have been law 27 years, but then you should absolutely know how statistically improbable it is for cases against cops to keep coming up like this and to keep being dismissed by a grand jury if everything was just as impartial and even as all the other grand jury proceedings against normal people are. You trying to pretend otherwise or your lack of addressing the issue is only be so much bs, or your just that shockingly unknowledgeable about your own profession. Lets just go with the former, for your sake, because the latter might even be worse for you. There is no way around it for you, and it's quite a glaring thing your trying to work around to spin in a sadly humorous way. It's not like it's just these two cases. Now pretty much every week we're starting to hear about more cases now that people are paying more attention, and yet it seems to keep happening. Hmmm...lets see either there is some huge coincidental infinitesimally unlikely series of proceeding these cops have gone through where these ones were actually really absolutely truly without a doubt no fooling for sure the cases that coincidently deservingly don't make it out of the grand jury proceeding and this is all a bad inexplicable series of events that only make them look bad, or very greatly unbalanced and unfair things are going on in our system of justice. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm going with an unfair justice system.

About the ham sandwich part, yes it's hyperbole, but like all good hyperbole it's obvious exaggeration based in reality and said to reveal a truth. That truth being that the outcomes of grand juries are almost totally dominated by how the prosecutors running them want the to turn out. Of course you and your "practicing law for 27 years" has to know that. Right...right? See this is the real thing that "speaks volumes". That being the simplest and most logical reason for the those proceedings to go as they did and the ones that are coming out going as they do where the police are investigated are because that's the way the prosecutors WANTED them to come out like just about ever other grand jury in history. That's the stark truth. Now you can say what you want, but for you to somehow not believe that would make me question your competence at your job. You might even want to tell everybody that employees you it, just so they know how shitty your knowledge of the profession you work in is, and have everybody wonder how you lasted that long. Sorry, if that’s harsh, but it’s both fair and true. And yeah, if for some reason you don't think prosecuting offices and police don't have a huge conflict of interest in investigating each other and aren't mutually integrated in a way that can never make them totally objective with each other and that doesn't create a big problem than your even more incompetent yet. I'll give you a break and say you don't actually believe what your trying to get across though...hopefully. When 27 years at a profession starts to collide that hard with common sense a reasonable person could see, it's time to reevaluate things.

After reading this, I wish I hadn't even bothered responding to the other portions of your post. You obviously want "sweeping changes" and a "repair of the whole engine" when only a valve or two need replacing" . You have your mind made up and the events over the past few months however few, show how evil and crooked cops are and how badly white cops want to kill minorities with that itchy finger of theirs. Your evidence of the widespread corruption be damned.

I don't have my mind made up about the events of the past few months. This is a observation about events that have been going in my and everybody else's here entire freaking lives. I've made up my mind about whole lifetimes of observations and observations of others. It isn't just a race thing either. It also isn't about incidents that only count the killing of people. I want fair and ethical treatment for everybody. I also want everybody, you, me, the guy next door, the criminals out there, politicians, and especially the police to be held accountable for their actions. I don't want second class or a privileged class of people under the law. What I don't want is a system where it starts to become more and more impossible to hold officers of the law to account, and where they are essentially above the law they are sworn to protect on a practical level and above the public because it's so difficult to convict them or they are given so much leeway they are assumed the benefit of the doubt to a ridiculous degree no matter what. We are heading in that direction.

Frankly, when it comes people that have to live under what the police do in their communities every day of their lives, I'm more inclined to believe them than somebody like you who has the luxury of only having to view what happens to those people from a distance and be more sympathetic to them. Not that they are guaranteed to be objective by any means, but I'm betting a lot of them have valid issues. At the vary least I'm vary willing to listen to what they have to say and seriously consider their position.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Anyone can pull out a set of statics to support their theory. That exit poll doesn't support anything. Di Blasio won 3-1 in a traditional Democratic (urban, north east, ethnically diverse) environment. Women vote more than men and black women outvote black men at an even higher percentage. Thus the white man vote is not as strong of an indicator as you may think.

Your prof of that is? Oh wait. you only believe it in your heart to be true.
It has been documented by eyewitness accounts of even African American witnesses that Wilson was accosted by Brown. Witnesses with enough credibility and consistency of their statements that the grand jury weighed their testimony and resulted in Wilson not being indicted. BTW people are charged before cases are brought to a grand jury in most instances and there wasn't even enough evidence to charge Wilson formally and then allow the prosecutors office to bring the case before a grand jury. So no, it is not some stroke of psychic powers that leads me to this conclusion . The facts speak for themselves. And the grand jury and the prosecutors office fortunately didn't cave under political pressure and rioting in the streets to charge and/or indict a man that was protecting himself. Grasp at straws much?

I never said it was some sinister pre-meditated motive on his part. I don't know. It could be. Maybe he just wanted revenge in the heat of the moment. It could also be he panicked or got trigger happy in the moment after he unwisely escalated a situation he shouldn't have. Maybe he was just defending himself. Jeez, to bad we can't have an actual trial determining that like what almost always happens.

Judging by your idiotic assumptions and your own ingenious guidelines, perhaps you should be indicted for obtaining property by false pretenses. That computer and internet service you are hitched onto must be stolen because you obviously don't have the capacity to engage in the critical thought process, even the most menial. You probably don't possess the skill set to operate a drive through window and obviously couldn't afford such luxuries as internet access so the evidence is stacked heavily against you being a law abiding paying consumer. Let's forget the pesky formalities of grand juries or formal charges and move straight to trial. There are a whole lot of maybe's, "I don't know and " could be's in your post, even this incompetent barrister can spot a cable thief from a mile away.

To play devil's advocate I could just as well point out that it could be as much to do with the prosecutors being imbedded in the system, and not wanting to piss off local departments he has to deal with for the rest of his career there. He doesn't have to deal with the president or our nations AG or reporters or civil rights leaders in that way like he does the local cops and their unions, and the local politicians he's around every day. About the speaking volumes part. I'll get to that.

How in fuck's sake does one argue with someone that can't even grasp the fact that law enforcement and prosecutors work together to evaluate evidence before deciding to seek indictment or charges? I have a lot more faith in that process even when it means I have to be on the losing end that what you would propose. Probably something along the lines of a bake sale or pulling numbers out of a hat.

As I said in the previous post, it is only one phase of the judicial process which in the most serious of criminal cases is ultimately determined by a jury of their peers. Oh and by the way that grand jury had blacks sitting as jurors. In your twisted mind of course they were all Uncle Remus blowing on their harmonica during lunch break.

It's not like there is just pressure from the media or national political forces. Like I said I'm sure he's also under pressure from the departments he has to work with.

Um..please bring evidence forward that he caved to pressure by the Ferguson police to "throw an indictment" Because in your heart of hearts you know you're right. Wait! scrap that, YOU'RE SURE!!!!

First of all, why is this so much about Jackson and Sharpton or some race thing? It's not like the police are just unethical against minorities. Even if a lot of the issue, even on this thread, revolves around it I haven't personally made it a point in my statements. It's also not like every unethical thing a officer of the law does goes as far as killing somebody when it's not needed. There is a lot of lesser things that also happen. Yeah, for the record I'll admit that most incidents of police misconduct aren't absolutely provable outside of some video evidence (which seems to really not even good enough anymore as sad as that is) or the officer very badly screwing up and not covering their tracks well. Of course even today with ever present technology the vast majority of crimes in general aren't very provable. That's more a testament of how easy it is for people to get away with things than a statement of them not happening. For the record I'm not what most people would consider a minority. Also, for the record I also personally don't like Jackson or Sharpton and think they are poor representatives of any black community or really any group of people at all. As far as my part of this discussion goes they are also irrelevant.

Why do you have to be so long winded? All you had to say was "Bad cop! No Donut!" Though you finished the paragraph rather strongly if you really believe that.

n any case here's where a lot of your argument falls apart. You say that you have been law 27 years, but then you should absolutely know how statistically improbable it is for cases against cops to keep coming up like this and to keep being dismissed by a grand jury if everything was just as impartial and even as all the other grand jury proceedings against normal people are. You trying to pretend otherwise or your lack of addressing the issue is only be so much bs, or your just that shockingly unknowledgeable about your own profession. Lets just go with the former, for your sake, because the latter might even be worse for you. There is no way around it for you, and it's quite a glaring thing your trying to work around to spin in a sadly humorous way. It's not like it's just these two cases. Now pretty much every week we're starting to hear about more cases now that people are paying more attention, and yet it seems to keep happening. Hmmm...lets see either there is some huge coincidental infinitesimally unlikely series of proceeding these cops have gone through where these ones were actually really absolutely truly without a doubt no fooling for sure the cases that coincidently deservingly don't make it out of the grand jury proceeding and this is all a bad inexplicable series of events that only make them look bad, or very greatly unbalanced and unfair things are going on in our system of justice. I don't know about anybody else, but I'm going with an unfair justice system.

Two I will repeat TWO cases in the past 4 months and each are entirely different except from your POV that it is proof positive that most if not all law enforcement officers are corrupt or yearn to be and prosecutors love to fluff the cops. Certainly in a country the size of ours there is a prosecutor out there somewhere that is willing to stand up to the filthy pigs ( sorry if I offended any board LE but I am just using the terms that D-rock probably uses around his house) I will concede one of your points, the justice system can be unfair at times but overall it's pretty damned good and is the only one we have. One other thing, as far as keeping statistics, I will admit I am not very proficient at it. That is the reason statisticians are deposed and subpoenaed.

About the ham sandwich part, yes it's hyperbole, but like all good hyperbole it's obvious exaggeration based in reality and said to reveal a truth. That truth being that the outcomes of grand juries are almost totally dominated by how the prosecutors running them want the to turn out. Of course you and your "practicing law for 27 years" has to know that. Right...right? See this is the real thing that "speaks volumes". That being the simplest and most logical reason for the those proceedings to go as they did and the ones that are coming out going as they do where the police are investigated are because that's the way the prosecutors WANTED them to come out like just about ever other grand jury in history. That's the stark truth. Now you can say what you want, but for you to somehow not believe that would make me question your competence at your job. You might even want to tell everybody that employees you it, just so they know how shitty your knowledge of the profession you work in is, and have everybody wonder how you lasted that long. Sorry, if that’s harsh, but it’s both fair and true. And yeah, if for some reason you don't think prosecuting offices and police don't have a huge conflict of interest in investigating each other and aren't mutually integrated in a way that can never make them totally objective with each other and that doesn't create a big problem than your even more incompetent yet. I'll give you a break and say you don't actually believe what your trying to get across though...hopefully. When 27 years at a profession starts to collide that hard with common sense a reasonable person could see, it's time to reevaluate things.
Your post and lack of confidence in my abilities as an attorney had me so worried that I had to check the NC Bar website to see if there were any pending disciplinary action against me..let's see.. nope.. let's go back 27 years ..still nothing. *sigh of relief* Hooray! no refunds anytime in the foreseeable future! Speaking of edible pork products there is another saying "it's like watching sausage being made". That pretty much describes the legislative and judicial process and even with all it's faults and unsightliness, the end result is a decent product that is safe for human consumption. Sorry to have to inform you of this but actually being a practicing attorney in good standing for over 20 years gives me more faith in how the system works than what some arm chairing Monday morning quarterback of the legal system like you can ever conceive of. Prosecutors want things to go their way? Really? Those bastards! The really bad ones don't get reelected and it isn't all people with a badge putting them in office, slick.

I don't have my mind made up about the events of the past few months. This is a observation about events that have been going in my and everybody else's here entire freaking lives. I've made up my mind about whole lifetimes of observations and observations of others. It isn't just a race thing either. It also isn't about incidents that only count the killing of people. I want fair and ethical treatment for everybody. I also want everybody, you, me, the guy next door, the criminals out there, politicians, and especially the police to be held accountable for their actions. I don't want second class or a privileged class of people under the law. What I don't want is a system where it starts to become more and more impossible to hold officers of the law to account, and where they are essentially above the law they are sworn to protect on a practical level and above the public because it's so difficult to convict them or they are given so much leeway they are assumed the benefit of the doubt to a ridiculous degree no matter what. We are heading in that direction.

Could have fooled me.

How noble and admirable of you. I bet you got all tingly in your nether regions just typing that. I also believe that everybody should get a free double scoop at Baskin Robbins on Sundays. Here is the deal, Most cops aren't corrupt, when I say most, I mean 95 percent of them. So go on with your the system is unfair bullshit if it makes you feel better and in the meantime I will try and absorb how 2 incidences in the past 4 months translates into the whole system needs to be thrown out. Moreover, how what happened in Ferguson and Staten Island is a national crisis but 2 dead cops on Saturday is an isolated work of a mad man.

Frankly, when it comes people that have to live under what the police do in their communities every day of their lives, I'm more inclined to believe them than somebody like you who has the luxury of only having to view what happens to those people from a distance and be more sympathetic to them. Not that they are guaranteed to be objective by any means, but I'm betting a lot of them have valid issues. At the vary least I'm vary willing to listen to what they have to say and seriously consider their position.

Or change the whole fucking system because of two isolated incidences! lol

You're a gem you know that?

Man it's easy to get caught up in insulting and combative arguments. I was recently allowed back onto this board after a one year ban. I started this thread not to rile anyone but to express my feelings about 2 cops being gunned down and that I think there is a war on cops fueled by race baiters. So go ahead, insult law enforcement, me , my profession or the tooth fairy. I don't care. I am not going to start on a path of constant back and forth with people I disagree with anymore. Petra was gracious to allow me back and I have a responsibility to tone it down and I intend to do so. I've said my piece, I'm out!

Officer Liu, whose family comes from Taishan, in Guangdong Province, China, attended the College of Staten Island and Kingsborough Community College. He was an auxiliary officer before becoming a police officer in 2007.

Bin Fin Liang, 56, said Officer Liu would drop by his restaurant supply shop on the way home from the Police Academy. Mr. Liang asked him why he wanted to be an officer.

I know that being a cop is dangerous but I must do it,” Officer Liu replied, his friend said. “If I don’t do it and you don’t do it, then who is going to do it?”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/22/nyregion/officers-deaths-acutely-felt-in-brooklyn.html?_r=0

8lksHNH.jpg

RIP to both of these officers and thank you for your selfless service.

Anyone can pull out a set of statics to support their theory. That exit poll doesn't support anything. Di Blasio won 3-1 in a traditional Democratic (urban, north east, ethnically diverse) environment. Women vote more than men and black women outvote black men at an even higher percentage. Thus the white man vote is not as strong of an indicator as you may think.

I'm not a pollster, but in my opinion, anyone who thinks Di Blasio could win an election today isn't reading the tea leaves correctly. Perhaps he could recover. I'm not seeing anything that would change my opinion.

I'm not of the opinion that there is or has ever been a correct answer on how to govern. There is a reason for Reagan, Clinton, Obama, and the Bushes. The Pendulum swings. I think it is partly human nature and also just a way of constantly adjusted for what is needed. Keeping judgement of the politician out of it for a second, we went from a liberal Dinkins, to a conservative Gillian, to a middle of the road (veering to the right) Bloomberg, now we are back on the left side of things.

I chuckle when either party thinks they have the correct answer to managing the economy. When there is a dip or contraction they think that there is a fundamental need for change. Perhaps there is a need for correction in the management of it, but the market corrects itself and that can be violent. it is the nature of the market. (Ok, I just mixed market and economy as if they were one...I'm just generalizing...you know, in general.)

I'm not a pollster, but in my opinion, anyone who thinks Di Blasio could win an election today isn't reading the tea leaves correctly. Perhaps he could recover. I'm not seeing anything that would change my opinion.

I'm not of the opinion that there is or has ever been a correct answer on how to govern. There is a reason for Reagan, Clinton, Obama, and the Bushes. The Pendulum swings. I think it is partly human nature and also just a way of constantly adjusted for what is needed. Keeping judgement of the politician out of it for a second, we went from a liberal Dinkins, to a conservative Gillian, to a middle of the road (veering to the right) Bloomberg, now we are back on the left side of things.

I chuckle when either party thinks they have the correct answer to managing the economy. When there is a dip or contraction they think that there is a fundamental need for change. Perhaps there is a need for correction in the management of it, but the market corrects itself and that can be violent. it is the nature of the market. (Ok, I just mixed market and economy as if they were one...I'm just generalizing...you know, in general.)

DeBlasio is probably not going to be elected but the Republicans don't have the demographic coalition needed to win either. Joe Lhota was perhaps their best candidate and he was absolutely crushed. I don't think someone as far left as DeBlasio will be elected next time around, but it's not going to anyone to the right of Bloomberg either.

DeBlasio is probably not going to be elected but the Republicans don't have the demographic coalition needed to win either. Joe Lhota was perhaps their best candidate and he was absolutely crushed. I don't think someone as far left as DeBlasio will be elected next time around, but it's not going to anyone to the right of Bloomberg either.

How about Ray Liota?

image.png

Saw this today, thought it was a good eye opener, and it kinda tears down the argument that people like Brown and Garner are responsible for their own deaths because if you cooperate with the police you'll be fine 100% of the time.

"Reuters interviewed 25 African American male officers on the NYPD, 15 of whom are retired and 10 of whom are still serving. All but one said that, when off duty and out of uniform, they had been victims of racial profiling, which refers to using race or ethnicity as grounds for suspecting someone of having committed a crime.

The officers said this included being pulled over for no reason, having their heads slammed against their cars, getting guns brandished in their faces, being thrown into prison vans and experiencing stop and frisks while shopping. The majority of the officers said they had been pulled over multiple times while driving. Five had had guns pulled on them."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/23/us-usa-police-nypd-race-insight-idUSKBN0K11EV20141223

Saw this today, thought it was a good eye opener, and it kinda tears down the argument that people like Brown and Garner are responsible for their own deaths because if you cooperate with the police you'll be fine 100% of the time.

Yet they're still alive.

How is that a legitimate argument when if you DON'T cooperate with police you're pretty much not guaranteed to be fine 100% of the time?

If Michael Brown had gotten out the middle of the street and not assaulted that police officer in his fucking vehicle of all places is there any doubt he would be alive today (well, that is until he did something as stupid later on)?

What in the fuck is your thought process that I'm going to reach into this police car and punch this officer in the face repeatedly? Nevermind reaching for his gun.

People like Michael Brown are better off dead. Darwinism works. I'm against abortion but damn, if there ever was a candidate for one.

Yet they're still alive.

How is that a legitimate argument when if you DON'T cooperate with police you're pretty much not guaranteed to be fine 100% of the time?

If Michael Brown had gotten out the middle of the street and not assaulted that police officer in his fucking vehicle of all places is there any doubt he would be alive today (well, that is until he did something as stupid later on)?

What in the fuck is your thought process that I'm going to reach into this police car and punch this officer in the face repeatedly? Nevermind reaching for his gun.

People like Michael Brown are better off dead. Darwinism works. I'm against abortion but damn, if there ever was a candidate for one.

I tend to agree.

In both cases, could it have been handled better? I certainly don't know all the facts and am not an expert, but it is probably reasonable to say "yes".

When you resist arrest you put yourself at jeopardy . You shouldn't die and I think the police should do everything to avoid this, but there is risk.

Re: Choke hold. I have to find the link and post. I saw an ex-cop post something about the video. He said first off it was edited. So, that always makes you think what was cut. Then he goes into the description of a choke hold v. a take down by the neck. His main point (that I took away) was that if it was a choke hold he would be out when he hit the ground or almost. So, I don't know. Was the breathing issue pressure on the wind pipe or basically his condition and the very very rough treatment he was getting.

Ugly stuff and nobody wins.

Deepcover

Closed Account
"1st: "Racism=over! I'm colorblind!"
Then: "But many blacks ARE criminals. Clean up ur communities!" WAIT! Thought u didn't even SEE color??" - Van Jones