• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

*Breaking* 2 NYPD officers ambushed and killed in Garner revenge slaying

Mayhem

Banned
I'm not sure I agree with this 100%, because the alleged murdered posted his motives that were connected. So there is that.

Also, de Blasio is the Mayor of New York. He is not just another private citizen. His words towards the NYPD needs to be as mayor, not as a private citizen. So, I think he took a wrong turn on this one.

Was it Ghandi who said if we all live by "An eye for an eye", we'll all be blind. So, to what I believe your point it, I think we need to defuse things at this point, not escalate with rehtoric.

You can't separate what happened yesterday from all the vitriol and violence that has occurred in the past several months. Anyone that does so is burying their head in the sand. The dude may have been a mad man but it doesn't change the fact that he was fueled by the race baiters and people with an agenda to de-claw our nations police officers.

Violent psychopaths can attempt to justify their actions just like anyone else. The same thing happened with the murder of two Las Vegas police officers that I referred to earlier. And the same thing happened in the aftermath of 9/11. "I wouldn't have commited an atrocity if the world did what I wanted."

I'm not buying it any more than I buy it when someone says, "She wouldn't have been raped if she hadn't been wearing fishnets." It's nothing more than self-enabling bullshit.

This was the act of a madman and there are no extraneous factors. My 2 cents.

Violent psychopaths can attempt to justify their actions just like anyone else. The same thing happened with the murder of two Las Vegas police officers that I referred to earlier. And the same thing happened in the aftermath of 9/11. "I wouldn't have commited an atrocity if the world did what I wanted."

I'm not buying it any more than I buy it when someone says, "She wouldn't have been raped if she hadn't been wearing fishnets." It's nothing more than self-enabling bullshit.

This was the act of a madman and there are no extraneous factors. My 2 cents.

I will try and tread carefully here.

1- The guy posted his intentions online hours beforehand.
2-He went to Brooklyn where the protests had taken place recently and where the calls for "dead cops" were shouted from the streets.
3-A psychiatrist would more than likely disagree with your diagnosis of his mental state as he obviously knew what he was doing and what he was going to do.
4-Those cops would more than likely be alive this morning if not for the people inciting violence.

Prediction: DeBlasio doesn't survive this and has to step down within 10 days. He doesn't have the support of the NYPD. No mayor can lead a city without the backing of his or her police department.

Step down? Absolutely not. He did not get elected on the support of Whites or police unions. DeBlasio was a known cultural marxist before taking office.

The real question is whether DeBlasio is a repeat of David Dinkins, whose failures ushered in a Republican authoritarian and reformer named Rudi Gulliani. I don't think the Republicans have the demographic composition needed to elect a Guiliani. I think you may see a more authoritarian democrat elected next. I'll bet that DeBlasio is a one-term mayor.

You're wrong. Large protests took place due to the deaths of Eric Garner in Staten Island, Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and Akai Gurley in Brooklyn. The protests escalated in size after grand juries in Ferguson and in Staten Island separately decided not to file criminal charges against the police officers, who were involved in the chokehold death of Garner and the shooting death of Brown. The ppl felt justice was not served and they weren't looking for a revenge motive. What's the matter with you?

Typical statement by Deepcover, anti-White (male) racist with a fetish for White women. You guys are a dime a dozen.

Mayhem

Banned
I will try and tread carefully here.

1- The guy posted his intentions online hours beforehand.
2-He went to Brooklyn where the protests had taken place recently and where the calls for "dead cops" were shouted from the streets.
3-A psychiatrist would more than likely disagree with your diagnosis of his mental state as he obviously knew what he was doing and what he was going to do.
4-Those cops would more than likely be alive this morning if not for the people inciting violence.

I get what you're saying, but I stand by what I believe.

Hitler posted his intentions years beforehand. Psychos love their manifestos. They love coming up with excuses why they're psychos.
This mutt had just shot his girlfriend in Baltimore. What did she have to do with Brown, Garner or anyone/anything else?
Yes, he knew what he was doing and what he was going to do. So did Charles Manson. Being a psychopath doesn't equate to lack of comprehension.
Those two cops would most assuredly be alive. But someone else would have been dead, cops or otherwise. This guy wanted to kill someone. He used the most convenient excuse to justify his actions. So did Osama bin Laden. If Brown/Garner had never happened, Brinsley would have gone with any other excuse, in any other setting.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but it gives me a rash when people try to make sense of senselessness. Right after 9/11, I read comment after comment about Palestine this, Saudi Arabia that, it's all America's fault that the Twin Towers were destroyed. It bothered me then, it bothers me now. NO, the motherfucker wanted to kill Americans. Brinsley wanted to kill someone. And, of course, cops make the most convenient target.

Step down? Absolutely not. He did not get elected on the support of Whites or police unions. DeBlasio was a known cultural marxist before taking office.

The real question is whether DeBlasio is a repeat of David Dinkins, whose failures ushered in a Republican authoritarian and reformer named Rudi Gulliani. I don't think the Republicans have the demographic composition needed to elect a Guiliani. I think you may see a more authoritarian democrat elected next. I'll bet that DeBlasio is a one-term mayor.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part but I really don't know how he can survive this if there is a groundswell of opposition to him from the NYPD. The firefighters will follow suit as they are a brotherhood. If he doesn't make it, it will be because of heads in the DNC that advise him to. Reverend Al will lay low for a while until he thinks this blows over. I hope that Al isn't relying on the NYPD for his protection anytime in the near future.

- - - Updated - - -

Hitler posted his intentions years beforehand. Psychos love their manifestos. They love coming up with excuses why they're psychos.
This mutt had just shot his girlfriend in Baltimore. What did she have to do with Brown, Garner or anyone/anything else?
Yes, he knew what he was doing and what he was going to do. So did Charles Manson. Being a psychopath doesn't equate to lack of comprehension.
Those two cops would most assuredly be alive. But someone else would have been dead, cops or otherwise. This guy wanted to kill someone. He used the most convenient excuse to justify his actions. So did Osama bin Laden. If Brown/Garner had never happened, Brinsley would have gone with any other excuse, in any other setting.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but it gives me a rash when people try to make sense of senselessness. Right after 9/11, I read comment after comment about Palestine this, Saudi Arabia that, it's all America's fault that the Twin Towers were destroyed. It bothered me then, it bothers me now. NO, the motherfucker wanted to kill Americans. Brinsley wanted to kill someone. And, of course, cops make the most convenient target.

Fair enough.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part but I really don't know how he can survive this if there is a groundswell of opposition to him from the NYPD. The firefighters will follow suit as they are a brotherhood. If he doesn't make it, it will be because of heads in the DNC that advise him to. Reverend Al will lay low for a while until he thinks this blows over. I hope that Al isn't relying on the NYPD for his protection anytime in the near future.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough.

You're forgetting that even the Blue parts of North Carolina don't compare to NYC. DeBlasio does not need White support to remain in office, though the police union can certainly make it difficult for him. DeBlasio does not seem to be surrounded by savvy P.R. folks from the DNC, who can spin and manipulate the media narrative to make DeBlasio look like a civil rights champion.

I'm not sure what that says about DeBlasio. Perhaps the DNC sees him as too radioactive, perhaps DeBlasio doesn't want their support. It could be the particulars of the NYC media. Anyway, DeBlasio probably has no shot at higher office after this term, but I don't think he will have to resign because White people are not part of his base and neither are the cops. There is a subset of DeBlasio's base who will be even MORE supportive of him if he takes on Whites and the police union.

Fair enough

You can't separate what happened yesterday from all the vitriol and violence that has occurred in the past several months. Anyone that does so is burying their head in the sand. The dude may have been a mad man but it doesn't change the fact that he was fueled by the race baiters and people with an agenda to de-claw our nations police officers.

The problem is that all the idiots that are now using this to somehow counteract all the completely and vary real legitimate concerns about how the police operate in this country. Blaming anybody that voiced legitimate concerns for what some lunatic does that's loosely associated with it is, frankly, stupid. One also shouldn't take the minor bad parts of a movement and use that to ignore all the vast reasonable aspects it has. There shouldn't be any blindly siding with any side, only people following the right side. I don't think some of the leaders of the black community like Sharpton are upstanding people and I'm sure some of them don't the best interest and justice of everybody at heart, but by and large I don't see that problem with the majority of protesters or everyday people that have sympathy for them. The cops might be upset about race baiters, but I also don't see them all flocking as an organization saying, "Wow, we have real ethical problems with the way we do things, and the public we swear to protect and serve is increasingly coming to not trust us anymore. Maybe some of what those protesters say have a point, and we should also blindly stop circling the wagons around ourselves to blindly push our interest and to make things easier for us. Maybe we are wrong too."

The problem is that all the idiots that are now using this to somehow counteract all the completely and vary real legitimate concerns about how the police operate in this country. Blaming anybody that voiced legitimate concerns for what some lunatic does that's loosely associated with it is, frankly, stupid. One also shouldn't take the minor bad parts of a movement and use that to ignore all the vast reasonable aspects it has. There shouldn't be any blindly siding with any side, only people following the right side. I don't think some of the leaders of the black community like Sharpton are upstanding people and I'm sure some of them don't the best interest and justice of everybody at heart, but by and large I don't see that problem with the majority of protesters or everyday people that have sympathy for them. The cops might be upset about race baiters, but I also don't see them all flocking as an organization saying, "Wow, we have real ethical problems with the way we do things, and the public we swear to protect and serve is increasingly coming to not trust us anymore. Maybe some of what those protesters say have a point, and we should also blindly stop circling the wagons around ourselves to blindly push our interest and to make things easier for us. Maybe we are wrong too."

There are thousands if not millions of arrests and encounters with police in this country each year. Until you can find more than 2 or 3 incidents that the good Reverends Jackson and Sharpton are willing to hitch their wagons to , then you cannot make a case that police actions against the general public or even a particular ethnic group are widely abusive. Even if there were 100 " Fergusons" a year it would not be a reflection of how the vast majority of law enforcement officers conduct themselves while on duty. The first incident involving Brown back in August involved a young black teen that decided that he could brace a cop and he paid for it with his life. On Staten Island, the circumstances were different and although Garner was resisting arrest, I do believe that the officers were at least guilty of criminal negligence resulting in his death.

Either way, there is not any need for wholesale policy changes in basic law enforcement or "sensitivity training" for cops.

There are thousands if not millions of arrests and encounters with police in this country each year. Until you can find more than 2 or 3 incidents that the good Reverends Jackson and Sharpton are willing to hitch their wagons to , then you cannot make a case that police actions against the general public or even a particular ethnic group are widely abusive. Even if there were 100 " Fergusons" a year it would not be a reflection of how the vast majority of law enforcement officers conduct themselves while on duty. The first incident involving Brown back in August involved a young black teen that decided that he could brace a cop and he paid for it with his life. On Staten Island, the circumstances were different and although Garner was resisting arrest, I do believe that the officers were at least guilty of criminal negligence resulting in his death.

Either way, there is not any need for wholesale policy changes in basic law enforcement or "sensitivity training" for cops.

I find the evidence of Brown inconclusive. I think it's still foolish to assume what happened there. At the very least there was enough to go to trial if how the vast majority of grand juries operate for normal people is any indication. Does that mean I would find him guilty beyond the point of reasonable doubt in a court of law? I don't know. Perhaps, perhaps not, but that's irrelevant as there wasn't even an attempt to find out.

In any case, yes, there has been a few well known cases, but it's pretty farfetched to somehow think only the highly publicized ones are the only ones that exist. I'm willing to estimate that for every one that makes the national news there are probably thousands and thousands and thousands of other incidents of police misconduct that never make it to that level of notoriety or are ever known about except for the officers and the people at the scene that deal with them and those they directly tell, even if the severity of the wrongdoing from the officers is great. While the majority of interactions between law enforcement officers and the public are handled in a reasonable way as you say a large enough amount exist that are different to be a problem. People that don't believe that don't live in reality. I hold there is a wide scale of unethical behavior of greater or lesser degree that happens all the time for officers of the law around the country. I live in a relatively peaceful area where the police operate well above average for their conduct and even people I know hear stories about what they do from time to time.

Another great problem as illustrated by the recent grand juries is that it's getting to be borderline impossible to hold police to account for what they do even when there is good evidence against them. As one judge once famously said district attorneys have so much influence over grand juries they could indict a ham sandwich if they wanted to,...and yet in cases like these where no normal person would get out of it just looking at the statistics of grand juries the police have now did it multiple times recently somehow and had things not even go to freaking trial. What happened with the grand juries is VERY UNUSUAL if taken as a whole with how grand juries operate. Keep in mind with grand juries there is no judge there, no reporters, and no defense or "other side" advocating for anybody. It's just somebody from the district attorneys’ office trying to get what they want. Keep in mind that what happens there is supposed to be totally secret forever. Nobody is allowed to know what goes on or what those attorneys do supposedly in the public's behalf. We have to face the fact that the district attorneys’ offices, the police where they operate, and maybe to some extent the judiciary are not separate entities on a practical level and having one try to prosecute the other is stupid and a huge conflict of interest. In essence your asking them to prosecute themselves. We shouldn’t be surprised when results like this happened. At the vary lest there needs to be somebody that's as independent as possible operating the grand juries when agents of the government are involved. Better yet we should just scrap grand juries.

Combine that with the fact the police are now given ridiculous amounts of benefit of the doubt both from our political and judicial system under the law where normal people aren't. Combine that with the police now being allowed to use ignorance of the law as an excuse when the rest of us aren't allowed to, and yes huge sweeping changes need to be made with the way our police are run. That goes both for how they themselves are operated, how the law treats them, and how outside groups should hold them to account. Instead of being held to a higher standard, they get more leeway while also being given more power. They got that more power stuff, but lack the more responsibility that needs to come along with it. That’s a scary thing the public has every right to be worried about. Combine that with the police being a close knit circle the wagons de facto fraternity, that doesn't really have a reasonable ability to look inwardly at themselves in an honest manner and it makes it that much worse. It's easier for them to blame everybody else than to admit some things in the system are screwed up in their favor.

I find the evidence of Brown inconclusive.
Of course you do. The Brown broke the law robbing the store (which video evidence clearly shows) and many eyewitness accounts were deemed not credible and inconsistent. Should he have paid for strong arming a handful of cigarellos with his life? Of course not. It was his actions after he encountered officer Wilson that lead to his death. If Wilson intended to randomly take the life of a black teen for whatever sinister racist reasons he had, he did a piss poor job of planning and carrying it out as witnessed by the gunshot holes in his vehicle. A Democrat prosecutor saw it the same way and could have proceeded with charges against Wilson even without an indictment but he didn't which speaks volumes about the credibility of witnesses against Wilson and the lack of evidence that he intentionally set out to gun down the young man. The D.A. could have folded under political pressure to use his prosecutorial discretion but then he would have had to present it to a judge to move forward and it just wasn't there. Plain and simple.

In any case, yes, there has been a few well known cases, but it's pretty farfetched to somehow think only the highly publicized ones are the only ones that exist. I'm willing to estimate that for every one that makes the national news there are probably thousands and thousands and thousands of other incidents of police misconduct that never make it to that level of notoriety or ever known about except for the officers and the people at the scene that deal with them and those they directly tell, even if the severity of the wrongdoing from the officers is great. While the majority of interactions between law enforcement officers and the public are handled in a reasonable way as you say a large enough amount exist that are different to be a problem. People that don't believe that don't live in reality. I hold there is a wide scale of unethical behavior of greater or lesser degree that happens all the time for officers of the law around the country. I live in a relatively peaceful area where the police operate well above average for their conduct and even people I know hear stories about what they do from time to time.

I live in reality as I have been practicing law for 27 years. There are probably thousands and thousands of accusations each year but barely a handful turn out to be anything near what is stated in the initial complaint. Even Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have to keep their organizations fully staffed with people just to weed out the bullshit. Jackson better at it than Sharpton obviously as too many bogus claims would hurt their donations and pocketbooks. You hold the belief that there is wide scale and rampant unethical behavior? That's nice. but where is the evidence? Oh I forget, you only believe in your heart that it is true. If everything you feel is happening in fact was, Jackson and Sharpton would be so busy they would have to build an addition at the DOJ to give them a place to lay their heads at night they would be so busy.

Another great problem as illustrated by the recent grand juries is that it's getting to be borderline impossible to hold police to account for what they do even when there is good evidence against them. As one judge once famously said district attorneys have so much influence over grand juries they could indict a ham sandwich if they wanted to,...and yet in cases like these where no normal person would get out of it just looking at the statistics of grand juries the police have now did it multiple times recently somehow, and had things not even go to freaking trial. What happened with the grand juries is VERY UNUSUAL if taken as a whole with how grand juries operate. Keep in mind with grand juries there is no judge there, and no defense or "other side" advocating for anybody. It's just somebody from the district attorneys’ office trying to get what they want, and keep in mind that what happens there is supposed to be totally secret forever. Nobody is allowed to know what goes on and what those attorneys do supposedly on our behalf. We have to fact the fact that the district attorneys’ offices, the police where they operate, and maybe to some extent the judiciary are not separate entities on a practical level and having one try to prosecute the other is stupid and a huge conflict of interest. In essence your asking them to prosecute themselves. We shouldn’t be surprised when results like this happened.

Ah the old "ham sandwich" adage. You do realize that you only need but a 2/3 vote to indict don't you? There is no "beyond a reasonable doubt" requirement in grand jury proceedings. The reason for secrecy in grand jury proceedings is that it protects witnesses from possible retaliation. Not some sinister plot to keep info and evidence from the citizenry. In Ferguson, they couldn't even get that and the prosecutor realized that he didn't have evidence to present to a judge to move forward.. Sorry it was not what you wanted but that's how our legal system works. In a nutshell, a grand jury indictment helps but you can proceed without one if you so desire. You are wrong on several points in your post. For one, witnesses are allowed to talk about what they tell a grand jury outside the proceeding but jurors are not. So the information does not remain forever secret as you asserted. The grand jury has only one function, to weigh the evidence presented by the prosecutors and to return or not return an indictment. As for cops and prosecutors working together, of course they do. Law enforcement bring charges and it is up to the prosecutor to reject or accept those charges. We are only talking one phase of the judicial process so prosecutors and law enforcement working together doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother anyone.

Combine that with the fact the police are now given ridiculous amounts of benefit of the doubt both from our political and judicial system under the law where normal people aren't. Combine that with the police now being allowed to use ignorance of the law as an excuse when the rest of us aren't allowed to, and yes huge sweeping changes need to be made with the way our police are run. That goes both for how they themselves are operated, how the law treats them, and how outside groups should hold them to account. Instead of being held to a higher standard, they get more leeway while also being given more power. They got that more power stuff, but lack the more responsibility that needs to come along with it. That’s a scary thing the public has every right to be worried about. Combine that with the police being a close knit circle the wagons de facto fraternity, that doesn't really have a reasonable ability to look inwardly at themselves in an honest manner and it makes it that much worse. It's easier for them to blame everybody else than to admit some things in the system are screwed up in their favor.

After reading this, I wish I hadn't even bothered responding to the other portions of your post. You obviously want "sweeping changes" and a "repair of the whole engine" when only a valve or two need replacing" . You have your mind made up and the events over the past few months however few, show how evil and crooked cops are and how badly white cops want to kill minorities with that itchy finger of theirs. Your evidence of the widespread corruption be damned.

ArthurTurner

God Bless Christian Louboutin

Wrong. Di Blasio carried the white vote in New York City comfortably. In fact, he carried every demographic comfortably <http://www.nytimes.com/projects/elections/2013/general/nyc-mayor/map.html>. And by the way, we don't want another Giuliani here and as good a mayor as Mike Bloomberg was for this city, we let him stay one term too long.

Being a resident of New York City, we ache just as much for our police officers as we do for the victims of injustice. The the massive protests preceding this crime were marred by a handful of people assaulting officers (the instigators of those assaults, interestingly enough, were white). The man who murdered those police officers was an angry nut who was not from New York, but from Atlanta. He was obviously disturbed because hours earlier he had shot his girlfriend in Maryland. The police officers killed were Latino and Asian, a reflection of the growing diversity in the NYPD.

Police abuse of power is real throughout this country and the protests were sparked by that abuse. We in this city were outraged by the events in our town, in Ferguson, and in Cleveland. But there is an old saying in New York: if you're not related to a cop, you're either friends with one or a neighbor of one. I'm not related to a cop, but many are my neighbors and and a few are friends. These police officers were victims of a terrible, senseless act of violence that had nothing with the real outrage people feel about what goes on in this city every day. They were also victims of a rotten system that needs to change.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
"I WAS A POLICE OFFICER"

"Today, I will not answer the radio call that your boyfriend has come home drunk and is beating you again. Today I will not answer the radio call that your 16 year old daughter, who is very responsible, is four hours late coming home from school. Today I will not answer the radio call that your store has been robbed or your house has been burglarized. Today I will not stop a drunk driver from killing someone. I will not catch a rapist or a murderer or a car thief. Today I will not answer the radio call that a man has a gun or tried to abduct a child or that someone has been stabbed or has been in a terrible accident. Today I will not save your child that you locked in a car or the child you were to busy to watch who went outside and fell into the swimming pool, but that I revived. No, today I will not do that.
Why? Because Today I was killed by a drunk driver while I was helping push a disabled car off the highway. Today I was shot and killed during a routine traffic stop to simply tell someone that they had a taillight out. Today I was killed in a traffic accident rushing to help a citizen. Today I was shot and killed serving a warrant on a known drug dealer. Today I was killed by a man when I came by to do a welfare check because his family was to busy. Today I was killed trying to stop a bank robbery or a grocery store robbery. Today I was killed doing my job.
A chaplain and an officer will go to a house and tell a mom and dad or a wife or husband or a child that their son or daughter or husband or wife or father or mother won’t be coming home today. The flags at many police stations were flown at half-mast today but most people won’t know why. There will be a funeral and my fellow officers will come, a twenty-one-gun salute will be given, and taps will be played as I am laid to rest. My name will be put on a plaque, on a wall, in a building, in a city somewhere. A folded flag will be placed on a mantel or a bookcase in a home somewhere and a family will mourn.
There will be no cries for justice. There will be no riots in the streets. There will be no officers marching, screaming “no justice, no peace.” No citizens will scream that something must be done. No windows will be smashed, no cars burned, no stones thrown, no names called. Only someone crying themselves to sleep tonight will be the only sign that I was cared about.
I was a police officer.” - Unknown

Wrong. Di Blasio carried the white vote in New York City comfortably. In fact, he carried every demographic comfortably <http://www.nytimes.com/projects/elections/2013/general/nyc-mayor/map.html>. And by the way, we don't want another Giuliani here and as good a mayor as Mike Bloomberg was for this city, we let him stay one term too long.

Being a resident of New York City, we ache just as much for our police officers as we do for the victims of injustice. The the massive protests preceding this crime were marred by a handful of people assaulting officers (the instigators of those assaults, interestingly enough, were white). The man who murdered those police officers was an angry nut who was not from New York, but from Atlanta. He was obviously disturbed because hours earlier he had shot his girlfriend in Maryland. The police officers killed were Latino and Asian, a reflection of the growing diversity in the NYPD.

Police abuse of power is real throughout this country and the protests were sparked by that abuse. We in this city were outraged by the events in our town, in Ferguson, and in Cleveland. But there is an old saying in New York: if you're not related to a cop, you're either friends with one or a neighbor of one. I'm not related to a cop, but many are my neighbors and and a few are friends. These police officers were victims of a terrible, senseless act of violence that had nothing with the real outrage people feel about what goes on in this city every day. They were also victims of a rotten system that needs to change.

If you replaced "we" for "I" then I'd say "nice post".

http://www.nytimes.com/projects/elections/2013/general/nyc-mayor/exit-polls.html

No, he got far less from Whites than any other demographic group, and that includes all the non-White New Yorkers who are included in the "White" vote for statistical purposes. You think Arab Muslim New Yorkers identify as White???

You didn't mention the race of the man who killed the 2 officers, he was African-American and a member of the Black Guerrilla Family, a gang with black supremacist ties. He was "obviously" disturbed. No, he killed a woman who he hated just like he killed those police officers. He was an extremist.

Mayhem

Banned
You didn't mention the race of the man who killed the 2 officers, he was African-American and a member of the Black Guerrilla Family, a gang with black supremacist ties. He was "obviously" disturbed. No, he killed a woman who he hated just like he killed those police officers. He was an extremist.

First of all, no one has said he was a member, they say "he had ties" to BGF. Secondly that claim has been disputed by Federal law enforcement. Third, you're getting your "information" from the New York Daily News.