• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best Rap/hiphop Song Ever?

FCCA said:
ALTHOUGH THERES A WHOLE BUNCH TO CHOOSE FROM, I FINALLY DECIDED (AFTER LISTENING TO ABOUT 200 SONGS IN THE MATTER OF A HALF DAYS
TIME) THAT THE BEST RAP (I THINK HIPHOP IS WATERED DOWN LIKE GATORADE) SONG OF ALL TIME IS........................................................

LL COOL J'S "I'M BAD".
AFTER LISTENING TO ABOUT 100 SONGS I THOUGHT I WAS CONVINCED THAT
THIS WAS THE BEST RAP EVER, BUT TO BE FARE TO ALL THE OTHER CHALLENGERS I LISTENED TO ABOUT 10 MORE. TO NO AVAIL I COULD NOT FIND ANOTHER RAP SONG THAT MADE ME FEEL LIKE THIS ONE DID. AFTER HEARING IT FOR THE 10TH TIME IN A ROW IT HYPED ME UP TO THE POINT THAT I WAS INTENT ON MAKING MY WIFE SCREAM LIKE SHE HAS NEVER SCREAMED BEFORE(FOR YOU SLOW FOLK, I'M TALKING ABOUT DURING COPULATION). SHE MOANED LOUDLY AND DIDN'T SCREAM LIKE I WANTED HER TO, BUT I STILL SAY THAT "I'M BAD" IS THE BEST RAP SONG EVER!!!
:bigear: :bigear: :bigear:

canibus's "2nd round knockout" is still one of the best tracks i've ever heard...coincidentally its a diss record about ll cool j, whom i said has the best rap/hiphop song i've ever heard...i still stand by that.

2pac feat Elton John - Ghetto Gospel

Hip hop fans usually think all metal sounds the same.

But hey, if having a closed-mind is your thing then have fun...
Hey, I heard a lot of hip hop and I can never make any differences between the songs... I'm very open minded...Open minded enough to have tried to like Hip Hop, but it just didnt work out... I tried every musical genre, but the only that worked for me are Metal, rock and classical because of the melodies, the originality, the powerful vocals, the intelligent lyrics, etc...

All Metal sounds the same? Bullshit, there is like 15 different Metal genres, but that's not the impression you get on MTV or if you are too close minded and believe the dumb stereotypes about Metal being only noise and scream or if you think Slipknot represents Metal!

All Rap sounds the same? Probably bullshit, but from what I heard it pretty much sounded all alike... Different beat, but same melodies...Different melodies, but same beat... But that's only what I heard...

dave_rhino

Closed Account
Hey, I heard a lot of hip hop and I can never make any differences betweem the songs... I'm very open minded...Open minded enough to have tried to like Hip Hop, but it just didnt work out...

All Metal sounds the same? Bullshit, there is like 15 different Metal genres, but that's not the impression you get on MTV or if you are too close minded and believe the dumb stereotypes about Metal being only noise and scream!

All Rap sounds the same? Probably bullshit, but from what I heard it pretty much sounded all alike... Different beat, but same melodies...Different melodies, but same beat... But that's only what I heard...

Don't get me wrong, i'm a rocker. I have tonnes of metal albums, and i love them all. I also have a lot of hip-hop, and i can tell you it does not sound the same. Maybe it was just my two years of Music Technology college that helped me open up my ears.

And to your 15 different metal genres comment, i've said it before and i'll say it again... Bullshit.

And to your 15 different metal genres comment, i've said it before and i'll say it again... Bullshit.
If you can't find any differences between Deicide(or Cannibal Corpse), Anthrax, Blind Guardian, Immortal, Dream Theater and Judas Priest for exemple then your musical technology must not have openned up your ears a lot because you can clearly see huge differences between these bands...

Plus, these sub-genres are official(Power Metal, Progressive Metal, Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Black Metal...) Its all Heavy Metal, but if you want the sub genres, they are...If you prefer some certain bands over some other then if you want some other bands sounding like them you just look at the sub genres and that's it...

BTW, I only said that what I heard from hip hop sounded the same(which is mostly commercial hip hop), but I didnt hear everything and I guess non mainstream hip hop is better.

BNF

Ex-SuperMod
You can start another thread about that, if you want to. This isn't the place.

Thanks

dave_rhino

Closed Account
If you can't find any differences between Deicide(or Cannibal Corpses), Anthrax, Blind Guardian, Immortal, Dream Theater and Judas Priest for exemple then your musical technology must not have openned up your ears a lot...

Plus, these sub-genres are official(Power Metal, Progressive Metal, Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Black Metal...) Its all Heavy Metal, but if you want the sub genres, they are...If you prefer some certain bands then if you want some other bands sounding like them you just look at the sub genres and that's it...

The reason bands sound different isn't because of different genres, it's because THEY ARE DIFFERENT BANDS...

Different bands often sound different, there is no need for all the bollocks genres.

It's like i could just start a band and decide "erm, yeah, we are Fudge Metal" and the rest of the kerrang-readers would go "oh yes, fudge metal..."

Obviously i agree with some of the classifications, but it seems every day i read about a new type of metal, and i'm sick of it.

Cypress Hill - Roll It Up, Light It Up, Smoke It Up :D

Me & My Girlfriend - Tupac
Ghetto Prisoners - Nas
Notorious Thugz - Notorious B.I.G
Starin At The World Through My Rearview - Tupac
California Vacation - The Game
It Was A Good Day - Ice Cube
Next Episode - Snoop Dogg
You Dont Know Me - T.I
Can You Hear Me - Fabolous

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
RAP is 3/4 of the spelling for the word CRAP...coincidence? I think not!

Bone Thugs n Harmony-crossroads
2pac/snoop dogg-2 of amerikas most wanted
Xzibit-paparazzi
Dr Dre-nuthin but a g thang
Snoop Dogg-gin n juice