• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best cover song

Covers used to be more prevalent I think then now.Bands like the Beatles would cover rock standards quite often.Here is one example of a song that was covered a few times starting with the original and then a couple of the covers.All are great but I really like the Beatles and the one from Smith a lot.

The Shirelles - Baby It's You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gK6cHFYf2U

The Beatles - Baby It's You
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UPfybIvVpg

Smith - Baby it's you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCD5GpmFHUg

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
I thought Celine Dion's cover of Acey Decee's "Shook Me All Night Long" was really impressive. She has such a beautiful voice!

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
1. the ghost of tom joad (covered by rage against the machine) originally performed by bruce springsteen

2. surrender (covered by marilyn manson) originally performed by cheap trick

3. black diamond sea's (covered by yeah yeah yeahs) originally performed by sonic youth

4. across the universe (covered by fiona apple) written by john lennon/paul mcCartney/ performed by the beatles

don't misunderstand me I personally love these covers but I did not say they were done better by the cover artist than the original artist!! :bowdown::hatsoff:

Ministry - Radar Love [Golden Earring]
Six Feet Under - TNT [AC/DC]
Cannibal Corpse - No Remorse [Metallica]
Mudvayne - King Of Pain [The Police]*
White Zombie - Children of The Grave [Black Sabbath]*
Chevelle - It's No Good [Depeche Mode]*
1,000 Homo Dj's (Trent Reznor) - Supernaut [Black Sabbath]
Spiderbait - Black Betty [Ram Jam]*
Gob - Paint It Black [Rolling Stones]
Pantera - Planet Caravan [Black Sabbath]*
Marilyn Manson - Personal Jesus [Depeche Mode]*
Danzig - Thirteen [Johnny Cash]*
Green Day - Working Class Hero [Lennon]*
Foo Fighters - Darling Nikki [Prince]
Evanescence - Thoughtless [Korn]*

The songs marked with an asterisk ( * ) means I like these better than the originals. I am a cover song collector, and I'm kinda proud of my collection. The list above doesn't even scratch the surface of what I have in my collection.

Type O'Negative doing the cover of Britney Spears "hit me baby one more time"

Guns and roses doing "knock, knock, knocking on heaven's door" from Bob Dylan

Marlo Manson

Hello Sexy girl how your Toes doing?
1. the ghost of tom joad (covered by rage against the machine) originally performed by bruce springsteen

2. surrender (covered by marilyn manson) originally performed by cheap trick

3. black diamond sea's (covered by yeah yeah yeahs) originally performed by sonic youth :bowdown::hatsoff:

1. I made a typo/mistake!! this is the correction:
diamond sea (covered by yeah yeah yeahs) originally performed by sonic youth.. for some reason I added black to the title of the song and I made sea into multiple bodies of water by adding an (s) after sea to indicate more than 1 (plurals) lol; you got to cover your tracks and correct everything so nobody calls you out trying to correct your mistakes..

2. surrender (covered by marilyn manson) originally performed by cheap trick..
*does anybody have that cover on a player or anything they could share with me?* I can't find it anywhere; nor do I know for certain if it was ever released on cd? I have only heard it on MTV rockin new years eve bash; MM performed that cover in times square.. I would certainly appreciate any info regarding MM's version of surrender!! thanx!! :bowdown::hatsoff:

3. I actually took the time to listen to bruce springsteens version of "the ghost of tom joad" and even though I am not a fan of springsteens his version although very folky sounding was actually pretty good; but I think (rage against the machine's cover is WAY better than the original) well thats it for now..

Soundgarden - Come Together (Beetles cover)
Failure - Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode cover)

I saw Puddle of Mudd live a couple years back, and they did a cover of Black Sabbath's "War Pigs". Later in that same concert Nickleback did a live rendition of Metallica's "Sad But True". The crowd went nuts during both performances.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Disturbed --- Land of confussion (Phil Collins)