• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

A Punch to the Face...a Venting Thread!

Ax3C

Banned
Misleading Advertising! / Bait 'N' Switch. / No Rainchecks Allowed! / No Substitutes Allowed! / Quantities Limited To Stock On Hand.

GRRRRRR!

We left out this morning at 5:30 a.m. to go to both Wal-Mart and Best Buy in order to take advantage of the "Friday After Thanksgiving" sales.

We go to Wal-Mart first because they had the Game Boy Advanced game unit on sale for $45.00 (normal retail price: $79.00). We get there - not even thirty minutes after the sale had started - and every last single unit was GONE.

250 plus Game Boy Advanced units flew out of Wal-Mart in less than thirty minutes.

Okay, where???? Where did they go???? Who bought them??? The fucking fairy godmother???? The Stork??? Who?!?!?!

There wasn't nary a soul in the Electronics Department this morning except for the two of us and maybe three other people.

So ... we politely ask when a new shipment will come in as it's plainly listed as being on sale. This snippy little bespeckled shit wearing a pocket protector and a bolo tie proceeds to point out the very tiny print on the very last page of the circular showing that all stock is limited to quantity on hand.

So ... we inquire about replacements and/or rainchecks. Nope ... nothing doing, he says. He then licks his grubby little fingers and proceeds to thumb through my circular, leaving slimy trails of sticky saliva on it and points out - AGAIN - a tiny disclaimer regarding "no rainchecks / no substitutions".

We walked out some ten minutes later after Q and this little twit get into it over bait and switch and false advertising tactics. :rolleyes:

We then go to Best Buy to look at televisions and game consoles. They, too, had a "spectacular" sale.

What happens? Same damned thing.

Why is it that these companies do this? Do they not realize that they can make so much more money if they had the product on hand and in greater quantity? Do they not realize that people want to spend money? Do they not care that they are jeopardizing their business reputation as well as making themselves appear to be con artists and schemers?

It's enough to make me only want to buy on-line ...

:mad:

jod0565

Member, you member...
I concur with what you stated AsianChick, but I am surprised that a well educated woman such as yourself would not read fine print in any type of document. Not putting you down, but there's fine print in basically all ads.
Yes, they should carry more items, especially when a sale states "From 5am to 11am." Then of course, theyll point to "stock on hand." Bastards.

No worries, I supplied something for you.

Ax3C

Banned
Oh, true ... I agree about the fine print. I had actually already read that and was aware of it, but it was this ... twit's ... snotty, smug demeanor that rankled my panties.

That, and the fact that I fall for this crap all the time with Wal-Mart. Best Buy actually surprised me, though. That one truly caught me off-guard.

It's just the whole "gimmick", though, when it comes to sales of this magnitude.

Know what I mean? :)

asianxxxchick, i understand what you go through... dont we all around the time of the holidays.

i bought civilization 4 about 3 days after the release. honestly i expected a great game and was prepared for possible bugs.

but this was no bug. a number of things was wrong with the game.
A) the play disc didnt play the damn game, instead you have to use the install disc. ok no biggie but that just got me started.
B) load up the game..... wait..... wait..... wait, oh my god, i understand some loading time, my computer is a year old and recently updated and the loading times are rediculous.
C) well finally i get to start a game.... i click launch.... ummm, why is the screen black? i see my units, i see the menu bars, but no land and no water... oh excellent. so my 60 dollars basically bought me a piece of plastic that sat on my floor for a week after the release.

if it was not for a friendly user on another website who had encountered the same problem, i think the cd would still be on the floor in my house.

i can understand some glitches in a new game, but this was rediculous.

The cold - again. It's -3 celsius here now, like 20 fahrenheit, and it's just too damned cold for November. This is going to be one hell of a winter if this keeps up... :( :thefinger :mad: :crash:

juballs said:
asianxxxchick, i understand what you go through... dont we all around the time of the holidays.

i bought civilization 4 about 3 days after the release. honestly i expected a great game and was prepared for possible bugs.

but this was no bug. a number of things was wrong with the game.
A) the play disc didnt play the damn game, instead you have to use the install disc. ok no biggie but that just got me started.
B) load up the game..... wait..... wait..... wait, oh my god, i understand some loading time, my computer is a year old and recently updated and the loading times are rediculous.
C) well finally i get to start a game.... i click launch.... ummm, why is the screen black? i see my units, i see the menu bars, but no land and no water... oh excellent. so my 60 dollars basically bought me a piece of plastic that sat on my floor for a week after the release.

if it was not for a friendly user on another website who had encountered the same problem, i think the cd would still be on the floor in my house.

i can understand some glitches in a new game, but this was rediculous.

What I hate are software companies that do poor playtesting of their products. I could see if there was some deeply hidden and minor bug in the program that was impossible to find until hundreds of thousands of people started using it, but what really gets me is when something is very obviously flawed and they still put it out so the buyer gets to test their product for them. Sometimes the bugs will be catastrophically bad and screw up the entire program or worse. It isn't only about computers either. I find some console games that have bugs in them that they absolutely had to know they were in there yet decided to leave in the software and put the game on the shelves anyway.

What pisses me off is when I have guests over and they feed my dog table scraps. He begs for like a week after that and let's not forget the gas. Hell sometimes when he farts he growls at his own ass it smells so bad. Why can't people understand when I say, "My dog is on a restricted diet and can not have any people food," that it doesn't mean slip him some turkey on the side.

Oh my God that was easilly the funniest thing I have read ALL day!!!! :1orglaugh :rofl: :rofl2: :nanner:

Rep for you... :thumbsup:

hedgehog said:
What pisses me off is when I have guests over and they feed my dog table scraps. He begs for like a week after that and let's not forget the gas. Hell sometimes when he farts he growls at his own ass it smells so bad...

please, nobody misinterpret this. after all, we're all here complaining.

but, i hate it when people make selfish complaints. its just plain rude. for instance, if you went out of the way to pick somebody up and they say,"what took so long?" or, you give somebody food when they're hungry and they complain about the taste or quality.
or when you post a link here and they complain about image size or the gallery itself or the model herself. shit. if you don't like it go find something better and post it, but don't insult other members with complaints. and it happens here somewhat often, to tons of posters.
the list of their selfish complaints is endless, im sure, those just seem to be good examples.
is nothing ever good enough for these people? i want to scream, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth, asshole!!" but im fairly certain they'd be too damned daft to even understand the proverb. and if they could, they wouldn't understand how it applied to them, being that they're so selfish. just my rant.

and asianxxxchick's statement about the holidays should be published in every major newspaper and anybody thats offended by it should pull their heads out their asses and sort out their tiny lives before interfering with everybody elses.

I will have to agree with AsianxxxChick about the stores and their misleading advertisments and their salespeople with huge attitude problems. Hello, but don't these people realize that the customer pays their salary. Who cares because people are going to buy products and they know it. I have gotten pisssed off at a dead end job before, but never have I treated a customer horribly because of it. Next I would like to send more agreements toward AsianxxxChick for the watering down of Christmas. This is complete and total horse hockey! One could not convince any other denomination to change the name of their holiday celebrations. Why is it that Christians get the brunt of all of this PC crap? I know there are some that cite that Christians impose their will on others blah blah blah. Some of them do, and I hate those people. At the same time there are good and decent Christian people that do the right thing that do not deserve critisism, and don't deserve to have the Christmas celebration changed to a mere hollow shell of itself. I am not Christian, but my family and most of my friends are, and I see no problem with any religion celebrating their faith. What I cannot stand is people that go to church on sundays and spit hell and damnation if you don't accept god or christ or whatever and then and soon as church lets out they go around the corner and screw Suzie or Jimmy or whoever while their wife and kids or husband and kids are at home wondering where they are.:thumbsup: :2 cents:

Having the flu, when i'm finally healthy, i just wish i could beat the crap out of this thing ! :mad:

Get well soon, dude. La grippe, elle est tellement...errrr, how do I say this...la merde!!!!! lol :D :1orglaugh :thumbsup:

spiceworld said:
Having the flu, when i'm finally healthy, i just wish i could beat the crap out of this thing ! :mad:

Ax3C

Banned
spiceworld said:

I've got it, too. :mad: :(

Stuffy nose, aching muscles, hacking cough ... all of it.

oh god... that means i need my mask everytime i log onto freeones, i dont want to catch anything from any links you might post

AsianxxxChick said:
I've got it, too. :mad: :(

Stuffy nose, aching muscles, hacking cough ... all of it.

Yeah, almost didn't slept last night, had to get up at least 2-3 times... :mad:

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Nightfly said:
The cold - again. It's -3 celsius here now, like 20 fahrenheit, and it's just too damned cold for November. This is going to be one hell of a winter if this keeps up... :( :thefinger :mad: :crash:

...which brings up another point:

Every year our weather forecasters warn us of extreme wintry conditions at least several days in advance, which should give us time to prepare.

Yet when the bad weather eventually strikes, somebody, somwhere is always caught unawares:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4472488.stm

:dunno:

People who can't be bothered to check the weather forecast every 12-24 hours or so...

I laugh my ass off all the time when I see people running in the rain (especially in their business attire) because they were too lazy to check the weather forecast on either the web, the radio, or the TV. There's just too much information available, constantly updated, out there now for anyone to ever be "caught in the rain." lol :D

om3ga said:
...Yet when the bad weather eventually strikes, somebody, somwhere is always caught unawares...

:dunno:

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Oh..and those musicians who appear on the scene with so much talent and promise and become overnight sensations...

Then they let the instant fame and success go to their heads, and promptly implode without trace....

(take a bow, Terence Trent D'Arby)