• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2017/2018 NCAA Football Thread

Congrats to Ace. It must feel good to have bounced the cOckSUckers out of the final four :D

Jagger: Texas vs Missouri in the Heart of Texas Bowl. Who to root for? :eek:

If Alabama is hated as much as some say, then Ohio State must be Satan himself and the Big 10 a bunch of special olympians. I don't know how it is in Jersey or Santa Barbara or wherever everyone else here is from, but in my neighborhood that's the consensus. You want merits? Do you want the best wins? How about the "best losses?" The Bucks got pounded by Iowa for some reason, but still managed to beat two teams ranked in the top 5. I don't believe I saw that from 'Bama this year. So then it isn't based on merit. Hmmmm....okay, worst losses then. Sure the Bucks lost by 500 to the Hawkeyes. Their answer was to beat PSU then knock off #4 Wisconsin and win the Conference. AFTER that fact. 'Bama lost to Auburn, then like a lightning strike, the committee rockets them up to, what was it...third place? So what do they do? They get schooled in much the same way as OSU by Georgia, who they beat earlier. Wow. Talk about two games dark and light, huh? You think the OSU team that won at PSU would have lost by 30 to the Hawkeyes played over again like that?? Wrap up? Auburn dropped back to where they should have stayed in the first place. But lest we forget...THEY BEAT ALABAMA. In case you're missing it, THAT'S respect for a 1-A program. Auburn finished with 3 losses...just a couple less than Iowa. AND THEIR VICTIM MADE THE TOP 4.

You seem to be forgetting some key points.

Auburn beat two #1 teams in three weeks
One of Auburn's losses was to the current #1 team
Auburn played the second Georgia game without their best player. Yes, he "played", but both shoulders were injured and he could barely hold the ball.
I myself said the committee ranked Auburn too high after the Alabama win. Fourth or fifth would have been good with a second Georgia win giving them a ticket

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Congrats to Ace. It must feel good to have bounced the cOckSUckers out of the final four :D

Jagger: Texas vs Missouri in the Heart of Texas Bowl. Who to root for? :eek:

Yeah, I saw that. Figures for me, huh? Prolly just focus on getting drunk instead of rooting for either. Meaningless bowl anyway so....:dunno:

BTW, as much as I despise Nick Saban, no way can you keep Alabama out and put OSU in. Just the simple fact that they only lost one game (on the road to a ranked opponent) gets them in over a 2-loss Buckeye team that got their asses handed to them by unranked Iowa. It's evident that, under the current format, a victory in a conference championship game is meaningless as it applies to final four qualification. It's just more fodder for the argument that the playoff needs to be expanded to at least eight teams.

... BTW, as much as I despise Nick Saban, no way can you keep Alabama out and put OSU in. Just the simple fact that they only lost one game (on the road to a ranked opponent) gets them in over a 2-loss Buckeye team that got their asses handed to them by unranked Iowa. It's evident that, under the current format, a victory in a conference championship game is meaningless as it applies to final four qualification. It's just more fodder for the argument that the playoff needs to be expanded to at least eight teams.
Exactly.

Next up, the utterly meaningless Heisman trophy.

Jagger69

I dunno. I have a feeling about OU (and I HATE OU so this isn't some Big 12 bias). Mayfield is the best QB out of the four qualifiers so they will be a handful for whomever opposes them. I realize their defense is suspect but Mayfield has the type of leadership skills and desire to get it done from my perspective. Could be wrong....in fact, likely am.

I dunno. I have a feeling about OU (and I HATE OU so this isn't some Big 12 bias). Mayfield is the best QB out of the four qualifiers so they will be a handful for whomever opposes them. I realize their defense is suspect but Mayfield has the type of leadership skills and desire to get it done from my perspective. Could be wrong....in fact, likely am.
Oklahoma's defense isn't suspect, it's just bad. And, ...

Oklahoma hasn't faced a defense like Georgia's, or Alabama's, or Clemson's.

Georgia has a stable of running backs, and against a ho-hum defense, they could run wild.

I think Clemson is the favorite here, but Saban has been good in the so-called revenge games. If Bama wins, and the Sooners somehow win, Oklahoma could be the favorite against the tide.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
This year has been the biggest coaching transition I can remember.

Jagger69

I would suggest a bowl challenge again but I don't think we have a quorum here anymore....do we? :dunno:

Jagger69

Sorry about your Ducks, Bodie buddy....happy holidays! :beer::quack::banger::glugglug:

Sorry about your Ducks, Bodie buddy....happy holidays! :beer::quack::banger::glugglug:

Thanks amigo. Oh well, I wasn't really expecting much anyway. But that was a really bad way to end a schizo season. I've given up on ever seeing the Ducks win a national championship. That ship has sailed.
Happy holidays to you and yours too :hatsoff:

Nothing against Bodie but anytime the Ducks Lose we rejoice around here.
Merry Christmas.

To you too zee.
Heh! Except when they play each other I never got into the Washington/Oregon rivalry all that much because I worked for a time at UW, so actually the Huskies are my second favorite Pac12 team.

MILF Man

milf n' cookies
Exciting finish in the Army vs. San Diego St. game.

^^^^^
Yeah it was.
So was Purdue/Arizona

So how are the major conferences faring so far?
Well, the Pac 12 is 1 and 3 and appears likely to split its two games tonight, so lets say 2 and 4 at best, 1 and 5 at worst.
The ACC is 2 and 3
The Big 12 looks like it's about to go 3 and 3, could be 4 and 2 if TCU catches up to Stanford.
The SEC is 0 and 1
The Big 10 is 3 and 0

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Here we go......:stir::stir:

'Bama in the final. Media types are ejaculating everywhere...some of them right in the studio. It's an all-SEC final: the ejaculations continue. Gary Danielson just blew a hole in his pantaloons.
Great. Good. Just get it over with. I've said before that the Tide is a great pick because they're always contenders. Comes from building a solid program...however deviously it is done.
"Humble yourself!" That's classic. But it pertains to everybody...Mayfield and every other single player on every team. While you're at it, extend that phrase to the ADs, Alumni associations, coaches, and every other entity at every school on every level.
Speaking of levels, after all of this is done. I'd still rather watch a group of kids playing a sandlot ball game anywhere on a warm July evening in some city-provided bleacher seat somewhere.
Alabama by 10.

Opening line: Alabama by 4

Michigan blew the Big Ten's chance to go undefeated. The Harbaugh magic was not so magical this year.

Heck of a battle Gerogia/Oklahoma. I don't really like these pin ball number type games, but they've become so common. The Sooners remind me of UCLA's 1998 team that had a dynamite offense and needed it just to stay ahead of their swiss cheese defense.