• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

*2016 US Presidential Elections* - Candidates, Statistics, Campaign Timelines, Debates

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Yes, I know this is true. I've followed the saga of his governorship pretty closely. He's well known to be the champion of the Koch Brothers. Not really expecting him to change his rhetoric much unless or until he wins the nomination. At that point, he will have to start assuming some centrist views if he expects to have any chance to win a national election. It's been done before....like I said, voters have a short memory. My observations of him are really focused on style, not substance. I'd never vote for the guy but I can see what would attract certain individuals to do so over some of the other candidates.

Absolutely. Second your opinion. As a sellable product, he is first-grade material, and he has waited for the field to build up so he has the overview about who is about what and he will, in my opinion, be a top contender in the discussions on FOX.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
And there's the fact that he demolished tenure at UW schools. I like him more and more every day.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
The republican field is full, 16 slots are packed with very different candidates. Here is a opinion piece about how they will fare in the times up to the actual decision

very different candidates? what are you watching? they're all the fucking same. ultra-religious, far right and loony as a shit house rat. Not a single one is a moderate. Go ahead and say Christie is a moderate. He's anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, anti-legal weed, pro-big business, anti-healthcare, pro-obesity, sorry that's one that I made up. If he's the moderate...wow.

very different candidates? what are you watching? they're all the fucking same. ultra-religious, far right and loony as a shit house rat. Not a single one is a moderate. Go ahead and say Christie is a moderate. He's anti-abortion, anti-gay marriage, anti-legal weed, pro-big business, anti-healthcare, pro-obesity, sorry that's one that I made up. If he's the moderate...wow.

Pataki is a real moderate.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Come on, Mariah, they are no robots. They ACT like that, and are careful to stay in their role on camera, but they are really a crowd that is quite a spectrum. You just shut your eyes because you hate them so much.

I do not feel that much of sympathy for them, too, but it does not help to block out perception of nuances and differences.

Jeb Bush is pretty much royalty.

Ted Cruz is half an immigrant.

Chris Christie has a double temper background, irish/italian, if I remember right.

Santorum is an religious extremist.

Carly Fiorina is a corporate dragon lady, and the fig leaf for women

Ben Carson is "The Black Guy", plus he is the neuro-surgeon

All the same? No.

The republican field is full, 16 slots are packed with very different candidates. Here is a opinion piece about how they will fare in the times up to the actual decision

Yes it's 16 with John Kasich's official announcement. Jim Gilmore (who?) former Governor of Virginia is also scheduled to announce soon. Only about 2 weeks from that critical first debate on Fox where only the Top 10 in Natl poles will be allowed. There will also be an earlier that day debate for the others and it's being called "Children's table" in some of the media.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Yes it's 16 with John Kasich's official announcement. Jim Gilmore (who?) former Governor of Virginia is also scheduled to announce soon. Only about 2 weeks from that critical first debate on Fox where only the Top 10 in Natl poles will be allowed. There will also be an earlier that day debate for the others and it's being called "Children's table" in some of the media.

...it's being called "Children's table" ...

Damn, THAT is so funny and true at the same time :D

Here is another issue that just came to my attention: The Roman Catholics seem to have swapped over to the GOP.

The 2016 GOP field has a bumper crop of Catholic candidates

Only three Roman Catholics have ever run for president on a major party ticket, and all were Democrats. But that may be about to change. So far six Catholics (including some early favorites) are running for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.

This bumper crop of Catholic presidential candidates comes at a time when the leadership of the Republican Party is, by many measures, becoming increasingly Catholic. For instance, the House of Representatives had 69 Catholic Republicans at the beginning of the current, 114th Congress – a group that has nearly doubled in size in the last six years and includes House Speaker John A. Boehner of Ohio and Majority Whip Steve Scalise of Louisiana.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...eld-has-a-bumper-crop-of-catholic-candidates/

And that just in the year when their Pope has come out with the point that Climate Change is real! ZING :stir:

Was thinking of Leo McGarry.

If it becomes Trump v. Clinton or even Bush v. Clinton, for me it is Choosingthe less between who cares.

Can't wait! The end of the liberal utopian dream begins August 6th. The convention of the states to follow after we elect a Republican president. We already have 31 state legislatures to ratify and then 31 States will pick 62 US Senators.

God damn! I am pumped!

It still comes down to who shows up at the polls. As I said, Republicans are as energized as they have been since 1980. And the majority of evangelicals could not bring themselves to vote for a Mormon which they consider a cult.

They said all of this in 2012 and they did show up. They showed up for the primary and the democrats didn't and you still barely squeaked out wins that you should have won by big margins.

What you really need to be concerned about is that the democrats show up at the polls. If that happens you don't have a shot to get within 8 million votes. You KNOW it. Your only hope is to keep making it harder to vote in poor areas and cross your fingers that young people don't see a reason to vote. Your side can't win on showing up alone or on your policies.

They said all of this in 2012 and they did show up. They showed up for the primary and the democrats didn't and you still barely squeaked out wins that you should have won by big margins.

What you really need to be concerned about is that the democrats show up at the polls. If that happens you don't have a shot to get within 8 million votes. You KNOW it. Your only hope is to keep making it harder to vote in poor areas and cross your fingers that young people don't see a reason to vote. Your side can't win on showing up alone or on your policies.

We nominated 2 moderates and one was hated as evidenced by him being attacked and without consequence.

You can listen or not, but there is going to be huge turn out for Republicans next time. Probably the largest of my lifetime.