• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2014/2015 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Jimbo doesn't give a rat's ass about anything except winning games. Coaches at this level don't want to know anything about boosters, academics, or criminal activity. College athletics is big business not only for the school but the NCAA. The list of NCAA violations over the past years can fill your hard drive.

This committee is totally fucked up. It appears that, since both Baylor and TCU are 8-1, TCU gets the higher seed because their loss was to a higher ranked opponent than Baylor's was!! So Baylor gets penalized for being better than West Virginia even though they beat TCU??? Why doesn't head-to-head matter more than strength of schedule?

I have no rooting stake in either one of those schools but this make absolutely zero sense to me. :rolleyes:

I've actually listened to some of the committee members giving interviews, and how a team wins is also considered.

Okay, Baylor is down by 21 with 11 minutes to play and they respond by scoring 24 unanswered.

All I can say is this, if both teams win out, and TCU makes the playoff, but Baylor doesn't, those committee members need to ask if they can go into witness protection.

Jimbo doesn't give a rat's ass about anything except winning games. Coaches at this level don't want to know anything about boosters, academics, or criminal activity. College athletics is big business not only for the school but the NCAA. The list of NCAA violations over the past years can fill your hard drive.

The sad part is that after years and years of corruption in the NCAA and the schools that belong to it and everybody knowing about it,...I just don't care anymore and haven't for a while. Some NCAA school having sham classes, meh. Some rich boosters giving players a lot of money, meh. Don't care. If I do care about the downside of what we have it's in the way that I'm annoyed and pissed that taxpayer money goes to help organizations that are supposed to be educational institutions for the public good and not big time entertainment ventures. As far as that integrity of competition, amateurism, fair play, and ethical conduct for the sports, and yada yada yada I just can't bring myself to give a crap about an institutionalized sham everybody recognizes as such and has been that way for most of the last century now. I feel sorry for the athletes though. I would encourage them to do everything they could probably get away with to cash in on their playing as much as possible short of throwing games, point shaving, or getting involved with the mob or violent thugs.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I've actually listened to some of the committee members giving interviews, and how a team wins is also considered.

Okay, Baylor is down by 21 with 11 minutes to play and they respond by scoring 24 unanswered.

All I can say is this, if both teams win out, and TCU makes the playoff, but Baylor doesn't, those committee members need to ask if they can go into witness protection.

Baylor has the tougher road with OSU, Texas Tech and K-State while TCU plays Kansas, Texas and Iowa State. If they both end up 11-1, Baylor will be the conference champion by merit of its head-to-head win against the Frogs. TCU will make the final 4 with its only loss to the team who won the conference and yet Baylor will be left out. How you win might be of some significance with all other things being equal but for these idiots to take it into account over and above a direct head-to-head result is absolutely mind-boggling. :rolleyes:

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
Baylor has the tougher road with OSU, Texas Tech and K-State while TCU plays Kansas, Texas and Iowa State. If they both end up 11-1, Baylor will be the conference champion by merit of its head-to-head win against the Frogs. TCU will make the final 4 with its only loss to the team who won the conference and yet Baylor will be left out. How you win might be of some significance with all other things being equal but for these idiots to take it into account over and above a direct head-to-head result is absolutely mind-boggling. :rolleyes:

We all agree on one thing....Someone is gonna' get fucked

How you win might be of some significance with all other things being equal but for these idiots to take it into account over and above a direct head-to-head result is absolutely mind-boggling. :rolleyes:

Yep

:1orglaugh
Yep

I just don't care anymore and haven't for a while.

valid points D, but with all its flaws and warts, as a spectator and fan I'll still take college football over Pro football any day. Hands down.

FSU to #3: That really makes no sense given they are undefeated. It makes me wonder if the point shaving story had some influence.

Baylor: TCU & Baylor are both are 8-1. TCU lost to Baylor, and the committee puts a lot of emphasis on head-to-head, so how can they justify TCU being ranked 3 spots ahead of them? That makes no sense.

Alabama: They are ranked just fine. There is no way they can be shut out of the playoff if they win out with games against Miss St and Auburn, but that's a big IF. Over their last 5 games, they played like total shit in 4 of them. Even the 14 point win over Tennessee looked horrible. On paper, they should have no chance to win against Miss State, but Saban is good with game preparation, so this is Bama's biggest game of the year.

Jimbo Fisher & Jameis Winston: It really irritates the piss out of me the way Jimbo doggedly defends Winston considering how much shit Winston has gotten into. I also just read that Winston's hearing was delayed until December 1 (why are they kissing the ass of this punk child). Jimbo is really taking a huge risk if Winston loses that hearing. His reputation will take a real beating if Winston doesn't win.[/QUO

miss st is only number one by draw of the cards. they beat lsu in sept...then beat a decent looking texas a&m team. but after bama scorched a&m 59-0. their accomplishments looked smaller. lsu is one of the most improved teams in the ncaa i think. and i agree IF is a big word. georgia bothers me..........go away

Last edited:
i picked georgia to be the team to beat at the first of the year. bad as it looked at one time. i am not wrong yet.

Jagger69

Well, it's pretty obvious that Alabama is a notch above Mississippi State but I wonder what the result would have been if the game had been played in Starkville. Regardless, the Tide should supplant TCU after their skinny win against a terrible Kansas team. I would think that Mississippi State stays in the top 4 as well although I'm not sure what order the seeds will be once the weekend is over. A lot depends on what happens between FSU and Miami later on.

I will say that Gary Danielson is blatantly obvious in his Alabama bias. It especially showed in that Henry "touchdown"....I agree that the ball was probably across the goal line but the truth is that none of the replay angles showed that the ball clearly broke the plane before he fumbled so I think that particular call was totally due to the game being played in Tuscaloosa. By rule, the replay evidence must be indisputable and, from my perspective, it wasn't. The call on the field should have stood. Who knows what would have happened had the call been upheld. As it was, it wasn't and, since Alabama played a really great game, nearly error free as opposed to MSU, you have to give the Tide their props. They won the game straight up so now we'll see what shakes out as a result.

I guess smoker is probably smoknn some pot to celebrate or, since I have been to Alabama many times, he's more likely to be wolfing down some 'shine instead. Maybe his face is red tonight. Go for it man....you earned it. As much as I despise him, Nick Saban's program is incredible.

fla st wins again......i think the stage is set for some mad gators

Well, it's pretty obvious that Alabama is a notch above Mississippi State but I wonder what the result would have been if the game had been played in Starkville. Regardless, the Tide should supplant TCU after their skinny win against a terrible Kansas team. I would think that Mississippi State stays in the top 4 as well although I'm not sure what order the seeds will be once the weekend is over. A lot depends on what happens between FSU and Miami later on.

I will say that Gary Danielson is blatantly obvious in his Alabama bias. It especially showed in that Henry "touchdown"....I agree that the ball was probably across the goal line but the truth is that none of the replay angles showed that the ball clearly broke the plane before he fumbled so I think that particular call was totally due to the game being played in Tuscaloosa. By rule, the replay evidence must be indisputable and, from my perspective, it wasn't. The call on the field should have stood. Who knows what would have happened had the call been upheld. As it was, it wasn't and, since Alabama played a really great game, nearly error free as opposed to MSU, you have to give the Tide their props. They won the game straight up so now we'll see what shakes out as a result.

I guess smoker is probably smoknn some pot to celebrate or, since I have been to Alabama many times, he's more likely to be wolfing down some 'shine instead. Maybe his face is red tonight. Go for it man....you earned it. As much as I despise him, Nick Saban's program is incredible.

i dont drink at all man. 4 years dry. i have had a tooth give me fits. i didnt even see the 2nd half was asleep. my face was red ...but for the wrong reason. sometimes the neighbors think a murder is going on lol i get pretty excited. but i must say if,if and if ....is down to if. i still say georgia worries me. i had georgia picked at the first of the year. not wrong yet but being wrong can be sweet here. IF we beat auburn.

i must disagree on the touchdown call on henry. he was laying in the end zone when he was stripped. slowed down i seen that clearly:cmon:

Jagger69

i must disagree on the touchdown call on henry. he was laying in the end zone when he was stripped. slowed down i seen that clearly:cmon:

You could be right but there was no replay angle that showed the ball clearly across the goal line. That's a fact....it was probably a TD but there was no irrefutable evidence to reverse the call on the field. The call should have should have stood and I would support that argument had the call originally been a TD. It wasn't and they reversed the call without sufficient evidence IMO. Give me a reference to a replay that clearly shows otherwise and I will recant my position. Whatever....Alabama wins. Hot diggity-dog. Mississippi State didn't play well enough to win so they got what they deserve.

fla st wins again......i think the stage is set for some mad gators

Really? Well, maybe you will turn out to be correct but to dismiss the Canes when they lead by 13 at the half seems a bit premature. We'll see what the second half brings. Maybe Winston has shaved enough first-half points to start playing well again??? :dunno:

Is there a better (about to be) .500 team in the country than Arkansas? Not that I can think of.

Yikes. Auburn really did take a bad beat down today. Thank you Conner for curbing my enthusiasm.

Well done smoknn and 'Bama.

Notre Dame lost to Northwestern? omg :anonymous

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
So satisfying to see the Irish lose. The fan base is full of pompous, arrogant assholes. Purdue didn't lose this week (bye) and the Irish did. That's a damn good week.

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
The 'Noles won it was ugly but I will take it. Florida State vs Alabama in NC fuck the other two teams. How does that old saying go the cream always floats to the top or something like that.:stir:

Status
Not open for further replies.