• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2014/2015 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple of early bowl predictions prior to knowing the matchups:

Arkansas is a complete lock to beat whoever they're matched up against.
I expect USC, at 8 and 4, to land a not too difficult opponent and play well coming off their thrashing of Notre Dame.
Kansas State should win their bowl game, particularly if they lose to Baylor on Saturday.
Duke has a solid team and hasn't been a relevant program long enough to have developed bowl game malaise. I expect them to play well whoever they play.
Arizona State played the most embarrassingly lifeless, listless, least motivated bowl game of any team last year. I would hope and expect they'll have learned a lesson from that.

On the other hand we have UCLA, which should be a lock to lose.
After demolishing USC they were completely manhandled and demoralized by Stanford. Virtually nobody on either of the Bruin blogs I've been reading gives two shits about their upcoming bowl game. I've seen no indication that any high profile members of the coaching staff or team care either.
8 games into the season Hundley admitted he'd been having concerns about blowing his NFL future by getting injured this season. How enthusiastic is he going to feel about risking injury in an essentially meaningless bowl game?

Boise State is another highly likely loser.

images

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Man, Arizona is ranked #7? What a joke! They have ZERO offense. Solomon SUCKS at QB.

If I am wrong then Oregon has the most underrated defense in the nation. How in the hell did the Wildcats beat them in the regular season? :dunno:

Man, Arizona is ranked #7? What a joke! They have ZERO offense. Solomon SUCKS at QB.

If I am wrong then Oregon has the most underrated defense in the nation. How in the hell did the Wildcats beat them in the regular season? :dunno:

No I don't think you're wrong, Jagger. The Ducks didn't suddenly become a defensive powerhouse. They obviously studied the game film of UCLA/Arizona and made appropriate adjustments for this Zona rematch. That UCLA game was the only other game this season where Solomon looked hopelessly lost like this.

Plus Oregon's a lot healthier than they were for round 1. Their O line was in tatters for that game and the Washington State game that proceeded it.

Anyway, the Ducks are in the final 4, and well deserving :nanner: :glugglug:
Looking forward to 'Bama/Missouri tomorrow :thumbsup:

Just give the Heisman to Mariota now. Good nite folks.

I don't get the complaining about the seeding in the playoff with an undefeated Florida State falling to #4. Does seeding really matter in a field of 4? Just as long as you're in. It's better than the BCS but just barely.

tcu proved they belong in the final 4 i think

Let's see what happens with Baylor today. If they beat K-State but get left out of the final 4 despite having the same record as TCU AND beating TCU heads up the committee is going to have some major explaining to do.

dear god please let alabama lose

:1orglaugh

But no! Alabama must win so smoknn and I can finally have our day in court :nanner:

Oklahoma......how badly do you suck?

Hey, here's a novel idea: How about punting the ball out of bounds so there can't possibly BE a miracle 91 yard punt return to tie the game with 45 seconds left?

unreal :facepalm:

Rammerrrr jammerrr yellerrrrrr hammerrrrrrrrrrr give em he11 alabammmmerrr sec sec sec sec sec

watch out for the rambling wreck.....fla st better play tonight. cOckSUkers rising

Let's see what happens with Baylor today. If they beat K-State but get left out of the final 4 despite having the same record as TCU AND beating TCU heads up the committee is going to have some major explaining to do.

The Transitive Property just doesn't work in sports. There is just too much variance in athletic competitions, too many moving parts, and how the concept of specific matchups within teams effect one game differently than the other make the concept fall apart. Trying to make decisions based off it it just makes things even wonkier than they already are. All decisions judging a teams strength need to be taken by how good the team did and what context it did it in, not what some other team did or even did to them. At the very least if people want to use something like that they might as well admit most of the system is arbitrary and they are going off what they feel. It would be more honest that way.

Just give the Heisman to Mariota now. Good nite folks.

I don't get the complaining about the seeding in the playoff with an undefeated Florida State falling to #4. Does seeding really matter in a field of 4? Just as long as you're in. It's better than the BCS but just barely.

Lower seed has to travel and play in the upper seeds general location.

Twitter216ebd6_jpg.jpg

Alabama definitely deserves to be number 1 - congrats smoknn :hatsoff:
Oregon not too far behind in second
FSU third only because they're undefeated
That leaves three teams all with very legitimate cases for being number 4. This is going to be ugly, and a good argument for expanding to an 8 team playoff. I've always thought 8 would be the ideal number if we went to a playoff system.

It'd be nice if they had at least one really impressive signature win this year to temper the doubters. But they don't.
But it appears they'll get their chance to win two more games, against top quality opponents. If they achieve that any doubts will be rightfully silenced.

We were missing our No. 2RB, 1 DT, No. 1 NG, No. 2 CB, and two linebackers for most of the ACCCG. FSU were missing four starters on defense.

FSU was also without Karlos Williams and lost Eddie Goldman early in the game

1 game away bodie!!!!!!! Bama vs the cocksuckers.....oregon vs fla st.

Status
Not open for further replies.