• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2014/2015 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
K-State :glugglug:

notre dame giving fla st all they want.

Meh. Still not at all convinced the Domers are genuine contenders. Between series Winston was probably too busy signing autographs and making lewd gestures to be totally focused lol

As a Boilermaker, it's a strange feeling to be rooting for ND. But that's where I'm at right now. Nobody on the Irish is as big of a douche as Winston. Plus, at least ND's program has some integrity. Can't say the same for FSU.

Agree ND has "some" integrity, although they did have those 5 recent cases of academic fraud. Plus back in 2010 there was that kid in a tower that was killed at a practice session during a windstorm, which should never ever have happened.

Buy hey the good news is your Boilers are starting to be somewhat fun to watch! They played a solid game against Michigan State...gave them a good scare, then battled hard and barely lost to a good Minnesota team at Minnesota.

smoknn I think the Florida State drop was well warranted. I haven't seen anything all that impressive about them this year.

They beat a sub standard Okie State team by 6 points
Beat a nothing to write home about Clemson team by 6 points in OT (granted without Winston, but still....)
Surrendered 41 points to NC State
Beat up on bottom dwellers Wake Forest and The Citadel and beat a less than mediocre Syracuse.

Both Mississippi teams have more impressive resumes than that. For that matter so do Auburn and Alabama.

smoknn I think the Florida State drop was well warranted. I haven't seen anything all that impressive about them this year.

They beat a sub standard Okie State team by 6 points
Beat a nothing to write home about Clemson team by 6 points in OT (granted without Winston, but still....)
Surrendered 41 points to NC State
Beat up on bottom dwellers Wake Forest and The Citadel and beat a less than mediocre Syracuse.

Both Mississippi teams have more impressive resumes than that. For that matter so do Auburn and Alabama.

i couldnt agree more. i really thought ND would expose them. but after all that when the dust settles they still havent lost yet. (not that it matters) but i think the #1 spot is a little different than anything below it. i think before the year is over they will get beat. but..so far they keep getting W. guess who squeaked back in the top 4....ROLLLLL TIDEEEE ROLL

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 2014
antonio-margarito-eye.gif

Meh. Still not at all convinced the Domers are genuine contenders.

really? after they stood toe to toe with fla st? they out played that team on both side of the ball for most of the game and you think fla st is a nationally contending team but the team that outplayed them isnt'?

Agree ND has "some" integrity, although they did have those 5 recent cases of academic fraud. Plus back in 2010 there was that kid in a tower that was killed at a practice session during a windstorm, which should never ever have happened.

yeh ther were recent cases of academic fraud that were dealt with pretty harshly especially compared to other programs. that is a stupid argument. and the kid in a tower that was killed was a tragic mistake their is no question and the program paid for that to. every program has skeletons in the closet but so many people take glory in reveling in the skeletons of notre dame. i think they have nw buildl a nationally competitifve program.

i think they have nw buildl a nationally competitifve program.

A nationally competitive program? Yes I'd agree with that.
National championship contenders? No. sheesh they were life and death to beat North Carolina at home a week ago.....and again, to me FSU hasn't shown all that much this year. At least not yet. If the Irish prove me wrong good for them. I won't lose any sleep over it. I'd actually kind of like to see Notre Dame live up to all their hype......for a change.

And unless I think USC offers some kind of wagering value I'll be rooting for Notre Dame to beat them, as I do most every year.

i couldnt agree more. i really thought ND would expose them. but after all that when the dust settles they still havent lost yet. (not that it matters)

Yep, I totally comprehend the traditional polling value of the "preseason top rated and not having lost yet" principle. But I base my own rankings on who I think has the best current resume for the current season. I give little if any weight to who was rated what in a preseason poll.

try to imagine .....Kentucky beats (bodies national champions) miss st. no wait...dont imagine that just take the 14.5

miss st has covered 4 weeks in a row. including auburn, texas a&m, and lsu....be a good week for vegas if they didnt cover against K. the money will be high on miss st. if the line goes up to 19 points leave it be. if it stay 14.5 bet the farm

i have to admit. i am still not SURE how all this works out in the end as far as playoffs and so on. but the one thing i know for sure...if tucky pulls off a upset it would shake up the system. lol

it is official this just in....miss st is on smoknns upset alert

try to imagine .....Kentucky beats (bodies national champions) miss st. no wait...dont imagine that just take the 14.5

The nightmare scenario that most are praying doesn't happen is 3 of the 4 playoff teams come from the SEC West. If that should actually happen, look for university presidents and AD's outside the SEC to mount a monster campaign to expand to an 8 team playoff. Personally, I'd like that. With this, we could start looking at 1, maybe 2 teams from the SEC East teams getting in as well.

This reminds me of a quote I heard before the season:

The SEC has media days to talk about football. All other conferences have media days to talk about the SEC.

:D

try to imagine .....Kentucky beats (bodies national champions) miss st.

:1orglaugh yeah, two (or is it 3?) years too late.
I'm trying to convince myself Oregon can get back in the hunt. Their O line is getting healthier....but that defense is still pretty :anonymous

Take the 14.5 eh? Kentucky HAD been playing well, until last week's torching :flame:

The eye catching line of the week for me is Arizona -3 at Washington State. Expected them to be much bigger favorites than that. Things that make you go hmmmm........

miss st has beaten kentucky 5 times in a row...6 looks obvious. this is one of my first 5star picks this year. miss st may win but covering the line will cost vegas big money. and it is a big game. SEC game of the week i am thinking. which means everyone and his mom is going to bet miss st. i was a lot more impressed with miss st before bama pounded texas a&m last week.

miss st has beaten kentucky 5 times in a row...6 looks obvious. this is one of my first 5star picks this year. miss st may win but covering the line will cost vegas big money. and it is a big game. SEC game of the week i am thinking. which means everyone and his mom is going to bet miss st. i was a lot more impressed with miss st before bama pounded texas a&m last week.
Why the emphasis on this game? LSU beat Kentucky like an antique drum and Miss St has a far better offense & defense. I think the line is 13.5. It could be 24.5 and I'd still look for them to cover.

The real interest should be focused on LSU & Ole Miss.

And no one has mentioned Michigan vs Michigan State, USC vs Utah, or my favorite of the week, Kansas State vs Texas. I really want to see Charlie Strong take another ass whipping!

michigan vs michigan st is going to be a terrible game. st is going to kick their asses up one side of the field and down the other. and i would absolutely love to see lsu get the upset.

michigan vs michigan st is going to be a terrible game. st is going to kick their asses up one side of the field and down the other. and i would absolutely love to see lsu get the upset.
I think it's obvious State will stomp the Wolverines, but it's supposed to be one of those big rivalry games and I'm just surprised no one is talking about it.

And, I would also love to see LSU take down Ole Miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.