• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2012 NFL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Score for the Niners. The James and Gore combo is like having thunder and lightning.

As sad as it may be, they've drafted backs 2 years in a row and they're really high on Hunter. It looks like Gore's days may be numbered. A Hunter/James combo for the foreseeable future is a good thing though.

It looks like they're setting up a core for Kaep, Jenkins, Davis and Hunter/James.

I like what the 'Boys are doing on the defensive side of the ball. I think that Romo has run out of excuses because he should see a lot of short fields this year. I think that the Browns showed that they want to completely re-tool their offence. RB, QB and OT with the first three picks is a pretty strong statement. Finally, keep an eye on Green Bay's defense this year. They are going to be real happy with Worthy.

The Broncos have planned on drafting a QB this year anyhow and osweiler was the one Elway fell in love with so i wasn't surprised.

you know i'm glad the 49ers think the 2 backups they have can play RG, it's allowing them to take players that are luxury picks and won't be counted on to do much at all. at best Jenkins is the 5th WR and James is RB #3 i hope they love special teams.

red001

Panthers draft OG Amini Silatolu. Like Kuechly, he's a high grade talent that should contribute immediately but which does not address some of the, perceived by me, most glaring needs on the team. Today I'm hopeful that Alameda Ta'Amu is still there when they pick at 104 (9th in fourth round) because they need interior defensive line help like crazy.

Luck's Wonderlic score was 13 points higher than Griffin and nine points higher than Peyton Manning were, at 37. Stanford kids are no dummies, eh?

According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck scored considerably higher on the Wonderlic test than Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

The two highly-touted prospects are expected to go first and second overall in the 2012 NFL draft.

McGinn, who is the NFL media's go-to reporter on Wonderlic scores, reported this week that Luck scored a 37 on the infamous test. Griffin, on the other hand, scored just 24.

The average for quarterbacks is considered to be 24, so both players are at or above that mark.

McGinn also notes that Luck's score was nine points higher than Peyton Manning's, the quarterback he has been most compared to as an overall prospect. Luck also scored higher than Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill (34), Michigan State's Kirk Cousins (33), Oklahoma State's Brandon Weeden (27), Arizona State's Brock Osweiler (25), Wisconsin's Russell Wilson (28) and Boise State's Kellen Moore (26).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-robert-griffin-iii-score-better-on-wonderlic

I am happy with the Detroit Lions draft, we needed to replace the aging Backus and Gosser never panned out at right tackle. I am hoping for a CB and a MLB in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Backus really showed his age last year, especially since he's only been mediocre throughout his career. The one game against the Viking last year when he was going up against Jarred Allen was one of the worst games I've seen from a long time starting veteran lineman in a long time. He looked completely rattled.

Luck's Wonderlic score was 13 points higher than Griffin and nine points higher than Peyton Manning were, at 37. Stanford kids are no dummies, eh?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-robert-griffin-iii-score-better-on-wonderlic

I never understood why the NFL gives this test. In terms of uselessness in determining a good football player, it ranks above the 40 yard dash in my book. Both Dan Marino and Terry Bradshaw scored below 20 on this test and they are in the Hall of Fame. Conversely, Ryan Leaf scored a 27 and Blaine Gabbert scored a 42 last year. Too early for Gabbert, but we all know how Leaf's story goes. Speaking of which, looks like he is going to prison. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...cond-burglary/2012/04/02/gIQAffCWrS_blog.html

Everybody happy with their drafts?

I am. San Fran drafted a burner WR and LaMicheal James to go along with our A grade free agency. After that we added an RG to compete with Kilgore and solidify our line and defensive depth to our fully returning top 3 defence. We got to the NFCCG with just our D and Vernon Davis. If Smith progresses under Harbaugh and can hit his weapons, a Super Bowl appearance is almost guaranteed. We'll see where we stand when we woop up the Packers in week 1.

Overall, I'm happy. The 'Boys made major upgrades on defense but I would have liked to see upgrades on the O-Line. I don't think that they will lose 5 fourth quarter leads this year.

I wouldn't make my Super Bowl reservations just yet STDiva, the NFC is still loaded even with N.O. being down. The Pack upgraded their D, the G-Men are still a team to contend with and the Lions are going to learn from last year.

I think most teams are happy with their drafts. the NFC is absolutely loaded this year but San Fran should at least win their division so the play-offs are likely after that it's all about momentum.

red001

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick

And this useful how? This is the stupidest stuff the media can ever dig up, it means nothing for anyones football future. Its like the 40 yard dash, 4.3 speed is useless if you dont have an offensive line to open holes. The combine gets more coverage than it deserves.

DR. B

Closed Account
The Texans pass rush is going to be killer next season. The sound of Connor Barwin, Brian Cushing, JJ Watt, Antonio Smith, and the draft of Whitney Mercilus, Jared Crick and signing UDFA: Loni Fangupo, Shawn Loiseau, will have us leading in sacks with 60 :)

Our offense got an upgrade as well, OT/Nick Mondek, RG/Brandon Brooks, C/Ben Jones, finally a slot WR in DeVier Posey, to help take pressure off of Andre Johnson, a PR/Keshawn Martin, K/Randy Bullock :)

some notable UDFA: QB/Case Keenum, S/Eddie Pleasant, RB/Davin Meggett (Dave Meggett's son), FB/Jason Ford.

gonna be an interesting season for us Texans :)

I think the Broncos drafted ok. I would have liked to see more defensive players, but I still like what we did overall.

Brock Osweiler is an intriguing addition. I think it's prefect that he gets to sit behind Peyton Manning and learn. Looks like we may be set at QB for a while.

Some are pissed that we didn't get more weapons for Peyton Manning. Uhh... Ronnie Hillman! Peyton is gonna love this guy. Could be an offensive rookie of the year candidate. Plus, the Broncos have enough offensive talent. We have to remember that Tebow made some of our offensive guys look bad.

rwill25 you are correct about the offensive weapons in Denver.

Tia, Richardson should do well but your Browns still need WR help badly.

i love the Redskins draft. i know a lot of folks do not get the 2 QB thing but i do, who would you rather have a young trained backup or Rex Grossman?

red001

I think the Panthers got talented players but, at the same time, really did not address their biggest needs of defensive tackle and cornerback. The only person taken at either position was a fifth round pick from a non-power conference school. Rather puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.