• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010 World Cup Thread

World Cup Winner 2010

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have said it before: Germany and Argentina are the only teams to win the World Cup after losing a match. Germany did it twice (1954, 1974). Maybe they'll pull it off a third time. Yesterday's match was really impressive, but the Spanish defense is of a different class than Argentina's.

Vanilla Bear

Bears For Life
Why all the talk about multicultural German-ey? There are many national teams with players of different descent. Not only Germany. Welcome to the 21st century. :D

Way more important...

2 days without soccer!!! :weeping:

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
A lot of people here in Germany felt liek we are cursed, watching the stream of players who dropped out on short notice, peaking in the injury of Michael Ballack, ironically by Kevin-Prince Boateng, who played in the team of Ghana, and who's half-brother plays for the german team.

But, as I pointed out before... Ballack was something like an unlucky curse, in spite of his great tactical skills. He had ten finals on national ind international levels under his belt, all failed to make it to first place. So you could argue that Boateng did us a bit of a favor, first, releasing us from the curse, and second, giving the team an extra edge.

Plus it is so great to see we made the breakthrough to a new nucleus of a team that is very young yet plays like veterans, so it is hard to imagine what they will be able to do when they have some more year or practice together.

Right now, I would be okay if we made it to the finals and if we meet Brazil or Netherlands, if it is a great game, well, a second place would be kind of okay...

NOT !!! Are you insane??? We have to win :nanner:

I feel like a million bucks. Wow what a game.

And in my part of the city, even the people with turkish, arab or african roots cheer for their team... the german team. Can't understand why people wnat to yak about cheering for our team is being nationalist

But hell there always will be some guys who just don't get it

I guess it's part of adopting the culture when you move to another country, the sooner you try to integrate the more harmony there will be. If you ask a number of people where they come from aside from the obvious recent immigrants you'll find many who's roots lie in distant lands but over time have blended in with the indiginous population.

Congrats to Germany, their hard work and team spirit is admirable as they have good players but not 'world class' which makes their achievement even better. If the Germans play the Netherlands in the final i fancy Germany as the Dutch have never been able to stop a German advance.

tartanterrier

Is somewhere outhere.
I think this has been the best World Cup since 1990.I hope the show
continues to surprise,and all the people from SA benefit a lot from it.

Looking forward to the Semi finals,I'm sure they will be great games :thefinger

Germans get insulted too easy, one kicked off on YT because I said Oezil, Klose and Podolski weren't born in Germany :S

11 players could have played for other teams than Germany. That's a fucking lot. I suppose the Americans had a similar stratistic, although a lot of our players were born here, they are first generation Americans.

Re: 2010 World Cup Thread!

I think this has been the best World Cup since 1990. :thefinger

Sorry Bro' but Italy 1990 was the most poor and terrible World Cup!!!. :(
This World Cup is the second, very bad & boring games, terrible referees, too many games with 0 to 0 or victories for 1 to 0, deceptions teams & cowards coach!!!. ;)

I must admit the Germans are looking very impressive, i think it's there's too lose.

The German Team have a wonderful future forward, they have now the second most young team of the All World Cup Teams [Ghana is the first team]!!!. :thumbsup:
I like German Team, ... attack, attack, ... always attack!!!. :bowdown:

Hey everybody, I hope you here in Brazil in 2014:D

Brazil have as a host the chance for the " Sexta World Cup " ... Epic!!!. :thumbsup:

Netherlands stole the show in 1974 but were left disappointed.

Germany is stealing the show right now, but Netherlands wil finally get its ultimate revenge :D

If the Germans play the Netherlands in the final i fancy Germany as the Dutch have never been able to stop a German advance.

Did you forget the semi-final in 1988 at the European Championship in Germany?

And Bert van Marwijk has already won the UEFA Cup with Feyenoord against Borussia Dortmund, so he's a bit of experience in this area too :)

Sorry Bro' but Italy 1990 was the most poor and terrible World Cup!!!. :(
This World Cup is the second, very bad & boring games, terrible referees, too many games with 0 to 0 or victories for 1 to 0, deceptions teams & cowards coach!!!. ;)

The German Team have a wonderful future forward, they have now the second most young team of the All World Cup Teams [Ghana is the first team]!!!. :thumbsup:
I like German Team, ... attack, attack, ... always attack!!!. :bowdown:

Brazil have as a host the chance for the " Sexta World Cup " ... Epic!!!. :thumbsup:

It was a relatively shitty WC overall. I know I might catch flack for this, but I think the most exciting team to watch was the United States, simply because all the comebacks they had. They were a fun team to watch and I wish they could've made the semi's. All they did was work their asses off and if not for that shitty goal by Ghana, maybe they'd still be in it. :(

It was a relatively shitty WC overall. I know I might catch flack for this, but I think the most exciting team to watch was the United States, simply because all the comebacks they had. They were a fun team to watch and I wish they could've made the semi's. All they did was work their asses off and if not for that shitty goal by Ghana, maybe they'd still be in it. :(

United States is a very good team, ... I like watch his games always but i think they need a second superstar and help to Landon Donovan for the bad moments!!!. :thumbsup:
By the way, ... was so sad for me when Ghana defeat to United States!!!. :fight:

United States is a very good team, ... I like watch his games always but i think they need a second superstar and help to Landon Donovan for the bad moments!!!. :thumbsup:
By the way, ... was so sad for me when Ghana defeat to United States!!!. :fight:

Absolutely. We already have a world class goalkeeper in Thomas and Donovan has proven on many occasions he is a world class player and a superb WC player. We do need a superstar however. That would be really cool. And if we get a superstar who is charismatic it could change the landscape towards the game in the States. ;)

Absolutely. We already have a world class goalkeeper in Thomas and Donovan has proven on many occasions he is a world class player and a superb WC player. We do need a superstar however. That would be really cool. And if we get a superstar who is charismatic it could change the landscape towards the game in the States. ;)

100 Agree with you Bro'!. :hatsoff: ... You speak " my language "!!!. :thumbsup: :rofl:
... By the way ... The M.L.S. need World Class Players too for a more competitive between the teams, ... Maybe Thierry Daniel Henry move to Red Bull New York soon!!!. :eek:

@Scotty : I don´t think u need a superstar. Everything will be focused on a superstar. Do we have a superstar ....?? I don´t think so. The team itself is the superstar. One for ALL, all for ONE . It has to be TEAMWORK. What u need is a coach like Yogi Loew who made the minds of our superyoung team to those soccerplayers, they really are now. ALL of em are superstars, Yogi Loew included.

For example : Have u seen very much of *Messi* from Argentina the last match ? Nope ? No wonder, cause Schweinsteiger was standing on his feet all the time and took him * out of order * ..

Here in Europe a lot of folks noticed, how good the USA was...and still is. :hatsoff:

We came very far, and I hope we can hear the fat ol lady sing. If not, ...we´ll be back in 2014 with the same troops.:wave2::wave2:

@Scotty : I don´t think u need a superstar. Everything will be focused on a superstar. Do we have a superstar ....?? I don´t think so. The team itself is the superstar. One for ALL, all for ONE . It has to be TEAMWORK. What u need is a coach like Yogi Loew who made the minds of our superyoung team to those soccerplayers, they really are now. ALL of em are superstars, Yogi Loew included.

For example : Have u seen very much of *Messi* from Argentina the last match ? Nope ? No wonder, cause Schweinsteiger was standing on his feet all the time and took him * out of order * ..

Here in Europe a lot of folks noticed, how good the USA was...and still is. :hatsoff:

We came very far, and I hope we can hear the fat ol lady sing. If not, ...we´ll be back in 2014 with the same troops.:wave2::wave2:

You have some good points, but I don't dislike Bob Bradley at all, just the way they started every 10 minutes of every game they had. He did well with the tallent he had.

Word on the LA Galaxy match tonight was that there are some EPL teams that might give Donovan a lucrative deal to sign with them. I hope you guys noticed! :hatsoff:

It was a good thing for Germany Ballack got injured before the World Cup. They play as a team when he's not on field. :thumbsup: